“awful stay!”

Formule 1 Brussel Airport
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Diegem
Formule 1 Brussel Airport
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
A TripAdvisor Member
“awful stay!”
Reviewed 22 March 2011

F1 hotels are basic as we all know and its often acceptable for 1 night lay over but the one by BRU airport is absolutly filthy felt very unsafe noisy the showers are revolting no shower gel were filled its almost impossible to walk bare feet in the rooms!I really feel like calling health and services....its absolutly unacceptable!unfortunatly the Etap and Ibis in the same area were fully booked!AVOID!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo

Nigran, Spain
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We know Formule 1 hotels, we used them in many trips around France but we never found anything like this one in Brussels. The building looks abandoned, it remembered me the one in "The Shining"...even the reception is empty and you must go to the Etap hotel.
The shower and W.C. are really dirty. The same applies to the rooms. We booked 2 and in the first one there was a graffity on the ceiling, the 2nd one had a hole on the carpet. There was another surprise, the parking is 8 euros per day...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Diegem hotels

Belgium
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This hotel is just disgustingly dirty. Stained mattress and pillows, stained carpet, shower not used because it was so filthy. We are from Belgium but unfortunately ended up in this hotel after our car broke down in the middle of the night, and all other hotels in the area were full. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY AT THIS HORRIBLE PLACE.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I have stayed in many Fomule 1 hotels since holidaying with my family as a child, so I knew exactly what to expect in terms of shared and basic facilities. We had also stayed in the Fomule 1 Cologne the night before and found it to be clean, tidy and good value.

Brussels was a complete exception though. It was near full but felt deserted, the main door being ajar all night. The hotel no longer offered breakfasts and the reception had been moved to the nearby etap. We were on the ground floor and the window lock had been seemingly forced, broken and repaired badly many times so the place did not feel secure. The room itself was dirty, with wet and stained carpets.

The bathrooms were something else. On all 3 floors both the toilets and showers were disgustingly dirty. Neither myself or my partner are particularly fussy, but these were beyond use.

The only redeemable feature was the service at the reception of the Etap hotel. I explained in the morning that I could not use the showers and the receptionist offered us a room at the Etap for an hour to wash in (albeit a room that had only just been vacated, this was still cleaner than the Formule 1). The receptionist then told us why the Fomule 1 was is such a bad state. THIS HOTEL HAS BEEN DECOMISSIONED 2 YEARS AGO and was just running out a lease.

My only advice is to not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Lisbon
Reviewed 13 February 2010

This stay was a one-night connection between two flights.

It's a great concept for a cheap hotel, however the execution of this concept feels flawed.
Disclaimer: this was my first stay at a Formule One and I knew what to expect.

Impressions of the hotel:

The hotel is supposed to be non-smoking with signs everywhere, but the signs are clearly not observed, both in the halls AND in the rooms. After I asked if the hotel was non-smoking, the clerk said "you can smoke, it's ok." So it's not an isolated problem.

-Showers (in the hall, each shower is a separate room) are ok, but wear shoes.
-Toilets (in the hall, each is a separate room) are relatively clean.
-Dirty floors in the room, heat was working ok after I turned it on.
-Only one power plug in the entire room.
-Small color TV with many channels.
-One single bed above a double bed.
-Two small towels for the entire room.

Hotel shuttle runs from 6AM to 1045PM in the winter approx. every 30-40 mins. Call to ask about departure times. Outside those times, a taxi ride from the airport is about 25 Euros. Train to the center is about 11 Euros.

Another point -- lots of kids screaming in the hall... felt like a dorm more than a hotel. Probably a school group/college group that went to sleep around 3AM and started waking up around 7AM, so lots of noise and the walls are VERY thin.

If I had to choose again, I'd stay somewhere else next time, probably in the city center, as it maybe cheaper to get there than to this hotel and many more hotels to choose from over there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo