“Excellent steak restaurant.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went there for a business meeting and had a reservation. Ordering was quite simple. You could fill in a personal card with a starter and a main course. The food was delivered at that right speed, so we had time for a good conversation, but did not have to wait. We had salmon as a starter and in was cut into slices at the table. So the presentation was also in order.
So no complaints whatsoever but I found the prices quite high..

There are newer reviews for A Hereford Beefstouw

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Very good steak, and good service!

Bit more expensive then the usual DK prices, but coming from Norway it was half the price as home. Very similar to "Big Horn Steak House" , same type of ordering etc. but half the price :) Recommended!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had a lovely steak however I think it's a little over rated. It's pricey, everything is an extra even the sauce for the steak!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I had been told a lot about this restaurant. The ambience is very old style with various wooden farm implements & fronted by a massive wine press.
A group of 6 of us went there, as others have said ordering is a bit weird, there is a pencil under the table on a piece of string & you select from the menu & write it down on a small slip of paper.
I started with the smoked salmon which is carved at the table, with a choice of plain or pickled, this was delicious & I was offered & accepted seconds. For the main I went for the T Bone 500g, this came with fries & a salad. The salad is a buffet bar with rather small bowls unfortunately. The range of wines was excellent, we ended up with a great rioja which went well with steak. Service was slick without being obtrusive.
We were all too full for desserts but the Irish coffee went down well. Not cheap but if you're into steaks this is a must do.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Having eaten here several times for business purposes, I don't find the restaurant to be interesting and no value-for-money as I find in Ti Trin ned, Fredericia, and Adminiralen, Kolding. When you want a quality steak, go here, but don't expect to be surprised - you get a steak, choice of potatos and butter - a expensive version of Jensen's Bøfhus. There is no changes in menu and no more than average service. All in all, not a place to come if you want value-for-money. It's an uninspiring place to eat that is always full of people - it reminds me of a moneymachine more than a genuine interest of serving good and interesting food. The best thing to say about the restaturant is that they have found a great location in an old town house.

3  Thank Stine B