Scandic Kolding
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Hindsgavl Slot(Middelfart)
View Hotel
All reviewsone nightstandard roomquick checklong drivefamily hotelplenty of parkingshort staystayed for two nightsthe room was nicecomfortable bedsvisit legolandvery nice hotelgreat breakfastplayroomhighwayreceptiondenmark
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We arrived 1 minute past 22:00. An unfriendly receptionist told us that kitchen closed 22:00:00 SHARP! After 10 hours in the car, little food and everyone looking forward to a great meal before going to bed this was very frustrating.
Next time I need to find a hotel room in this area Scandic will at the very bottom of my list.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank End U
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Hi End U,
Thank you very much for your review here at Trip Advisor, I really appreciate that you have taken your time to comment on your stay.

Scandic hotels have the opening hours for the restaurant listed on the webpage together with the menu card. If you another time are traveling to a Scandic hotel, you are always welcome to call in advance, to order a meal that we can have ready at 22:00 or at time of arrival.

You can read more about our opening hours here: http://www.scandichotels.com/Hotels/Countries/Denmark/Kolding/Hotels/Scandic-Kolding/?hotelpage=additionalfacilities&facilityid=9387

Every Scandic hotel has a hotel lobby Shop. The Shop is open 24 hours, where we have freshly made sandwiches & salads from the hotel kitchen.
Once again, thank you very much for your review, and thank you for staying at Scandic Kolding during you visit to Denmark.

Maria Forsberg/ Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Visited here during drive from Germany through Denmark and Sweden to Finland. Very good situation. Clean rooms. Breakfast is great.

In the evening when we arrived kitchen was already closed. So I took a salad and a Triangle Bread for a small evening meal. I thought that Smörrebröd whould be a 100% solution in Denmark. It was not. First I ate the salad that tasted nothing. Smörrebröd was even more tasteless. It tasted absolutely zero nothing. Iäm not quite sure if there is anything below this. I was surprised that how it is possible to make that zero level on taste.

Any way breakfast was fine and made me to almost forget evening meal. Breakfast tasted good.

As fault report I told to receptionist that shower sewage drain was stopped. She thanked for information = OK.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Hi Jukkis,

Thank you very much for your review here at Trip Advisor, I really appreciate that you have taken your time to comment on your stay here at Scandic Kolding. Based on these comments we can make our product better.

The sandwich and salad that you bought in our lobby shop can not be compared with Danish Smørrebrød. You can always call the hotel before arrival and we can make Danish Smørrebrød ready for your, if you arrive after the kitchen is closed. Please let me know if you return to Scandic Kolding, then we will have some Danish Smørebrød ready for you.
Thank you very much for the comment on the breakfast, I have forwarded this to the kitchen team.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I was in Denmark last week for a business trip and stayed at the Scandic Kolding. This property is very consistent with other Scandic properties where I have stayed. While it is consistent, it appears that it is a bit older than other Scandic hotels where I have stayed.

The restaurant was nice and very Scandinavian in appearance. The waiters and waitresses were very helpful and checked on our needs regularly. The food was good EXCEPT the weinersnitchel, which was tasteless and very over cooked. Daily breakfast was very good and equally consistent with other Scandic properties.

The only negative comment I would make is the layout of the bathroom. Two doors at 90 degree angles from each other created a very small and cramped showering space.

I would stay at this property again, if the situation arose.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Hi C K,

Scandic Kolding is working for a solution for renovation of the bathrooms. At Scandic Kolding we have 66 superior rooms. These rooms are larger with air-condition and floor heating in the bathroom. Please let me know if you come back to Scandic Kolding, my e-mail address is Maria.Forsberg@scandichotels.com

Reviewed 2 September 2012

This is a decent place to stay if you are visiting Legoland. A very good breakfast is included and there is free parking and free Wi-Fi.

The room was quite clean with decent beds. The bath room was unfortunately bad and the floor easily got all wet from the shower.

I would not recommend anyone to stay here unless you are visting Legoland.

The price during our stay was about 700 DKK per night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Hi Sweeden 99

During the month of July, we have a lot of Legoland guests who are families visiting the park, and staying at Scandic for the night. Our hotel transforms from a business hotel to leisure one for families and it is always a challenge which always requires progress . In this summer high season, we have gifts for children at check in, play teens in the lobby who arrange activities such as treasure hunts, painting competitions same as Sigge comes for a visits etc.

I can see in you comment that you have stayed at the hotel in June; I would really appreciate if you send me an e-mail, about what we could have done better for your family back in June. In this way I could make some changes for next summer. My e-mail address is maria.forsberg@scandichotels.com

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I just got a feeling that personel was only after me money. Service was poor, rooms smaller than usual and not so good location. Only breakfast was 'standard scandic' level.

Convenient location to Legoland.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank karikfin

Hi Karikfin,

I do apologies that you had a bad feeling staying here at Scandic Kolding. Scandic started a service training program in the beginning of 2012, where all the employees have a training class once a month. The training program is called service@scandic and we train the employees in our values Caring, Casual & Creative. I am sorry that you did not get this feeling. Please send me an e-mail, I would like to hear what I can do for you, so you can think back at Scandic Kolding in a positive way. My contact details is maria.forsberg@scandichotels.com