Scandic Kolding
US$138
Hotels.com
Hindsgavl Slot(Middelfart)
US$142
All reviewsone nightstandard roomquick checklong drivefamily hotelplenty of parkingshort staystayed for two nightsthe room was nicecomfortable bedsvisit legolandvery nice hotelgreat breakfastplayroomhighwayreceptiondenmark
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Rooms here have been nicely renovated: nice wallpapers and wooden floors. However, as typical for Scandic, the renovation does not consider bathrooms.

There is no airconditioning and during summer the rooms are very hot. Opening windows give relief during nights but lets the traffic noise in.

This is a good hotel if you have a car, but without a car the neighborhood is very dull (motorway and industrial zone). Nevertheless, a good base for Legoland visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Hi eskobar,
Thank you very much for your review here at Trip Advisor, I really appreciate that you have taken your time to comment on your stay. In this way we are able to improve our product.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new renovation and the location while visiting Legoland.

I hear your concerns about the non renovated bathrooms. We are in a dialog with the owner of the building about a renovation of the bathrooms within the two years. Concerning the air-condition, if you would like air-condition in your room I would recommend you to book a superior room for your next stay. In superior rooms we have air-condition, coffee, tee and some extra amenities.

If you appreciate a central located hotel, I will inform you, that Scandic hotels are located very different, some more central than the others. Furthermore, Scandic Kolding is located close by Marielund woods which is very scenic and a great place to visit while staying in Kolding.

Once again, thank you very much for your review of the hotel, and thank you for staying at Scandic Kolding during your visit to Denmark.

A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed here for 1 night and the hotel is terrible. On Scandic's home page they claimed that hotel is renovated. The pictures don't match what I got!

We booked a suite and when we got to our suite it was like a dorm room. The room was worn and broken, and obviously had been untouched for a while ago because the coffee milk was expired 1 month before our check-in date.

The kettle in the room was half broken - I had to hold it in order to boil water. The little stand on the bed fell off and hit my little girl's foot - fortunately only some skin peeled off.

We were thinking about reporting all these to the receptionist, but then their (both at check-in and out) attitude was like 'I don't bother'. When we check-out we weren't asked how our stay was - I guess they don't care. So why bother mentioning it to them if the information doesn't go higher into the system?

The location is great - right by the motorway (that's why we chose to stay at Scandic Kolding), children friendly and had a great playroom for families, but with all these problems I definitely won't recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Asked for a 'renovated' room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CPHBear

Hi CPHBear

Thank you very much for your review here at Trip Advisor, I really appreciate that you have taken your time to comment on your stay here at Scandic Kolding. Based on these comments we can make our product better.

First of all I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations, and i understand that this must have been frustrating for you.

After reviewing your comment and receiving an e-mail from you, we have now fixed the bed stand, switched out the kettle and lampshade with new ones and removed the old milk. Furthermore, we have become more aware of these problems and are now more focused on checking up on the functionality of the different elements at the rooms.

We have several times attempted to contact you by phone and e-mail, as we would like to show our concerns about your experience, but with no luck. You are very welcome to contact our general manager Michael Thomsen at Michael.Thomsen@scandichotels.com.

Once again, thank you for making us aware of your concerns and your overall review of the hotel.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We arrived 1 minute past 22:00. An unfriendly receptionist told us that kitchen closed 22:00:00 SHARP! After 10 hours in the car, little food and everyone looking forward to a great meal before going to bed this was very frustrating.
Next time I need to find a hotel room in this area Scandic will at the very bottom of my list.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank End U
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Hi End U,

Scandic hotels have the opening hours for the restaurant listed on the webpage together with the menu card. If you another time are traveling to a Scandic hotel, you are always welcome to call in advance, to order a meal that we can have ready at 22:00 or at time of arrival.

You can read more about our opening hours here: http://www.scandichotels.com/Hotels/Countries/Denmark/Kolding/Hotels/Scandic-Kolding/?hotelpage=additionalfacilities&facilityid=9387

Every Scandic hotel has a hotel lobby Shop. The Shop is open 24 hours, where we have freshly made sandwiches & salads from the hotel kitchen.
Once again, thank you very much for your review, and thank you for staying at Scandic Kolding during you visit to Denmark.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Visited here during drive from Germany through Denmark and Sweden to Finland. Very good situation. Clean rooms. Breakfast is great.

In the evening when we arrived kitchen was already closed. So I took a salad and a Triangle Bread for a small evening meal. I thought that Smörrebröd whould be a 100% solution in Denmark. It was not. First I ate the salad that tasted nothing. Smörrebröd was even more tasteless. It tasted absolutely zero nothing. Iäm not quite sure if there is anything below this. I was surprised that how it is possible to make that zero level on taste.

Any way breakfast was fine and made me to almost forget evening meal. Breakfast tasted good.

As fault report I told to receptionist that shower sewage drain was stopped. She thanked for information = OK.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Hi Jukkis,

The sandwich and salad that you bought in our lobby shop can not be compared with Danish Smørrebrød. You can always call the hotel before arrival and we can make Danish Smørrebrød ready for your, if you arrive after the kitchen is closed. Please let me know if you return to Scandic Kolding, then we will have some Danish Smørebrød ready for you.
Thank you very much for the comment on the breakfast, I have forwarded this to the kitchen team.

Br