“Avoid if possible”

Hotel Kolding City
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kolding
“Avoid if possible”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a motel! Everything here is old and my room seriously smells of gradma. The TV makes a whining sound and the toilet roars long after you have flushed it... And I'm not even in the cheapest room!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a motel type accommodation,with very lazy staff,except one guy who seemed to do everything.The hotel seemed short staffed,the bar closes dead on 10pm,they lock up the reception and bar until the next day.I moved here from the scandic hotel,bad idea! If you travel to Kolding avoid this hotel,use the scandic slightly more expensive but a world apart from this place.

Room Tip: Don,t stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Kolding hotels

Reviewed 2 August 2013

In June 2013, my financé and I (in our late twenties) stayed at Best Western Kolding for two nights. The hotel used to be a motel and all rooms are located on the ground floor. Our room was somewhat small but clean – and so was the bathroom. There was also a terrace. However, it wasn’t private as all rooms shared the same outside area.

Breakfast was included in the room rate and quite good. There was a good choice of bread as well as other cold and hot items. There was free parking and free Wi-Fi, too.

The staff was very friendly and we felt welcome.

We paid about 90€ per night for Best Western Kolding. Considering this price, we choose to give the hotel 4/5 stars. We recommend the hotel and when we return to Kolding, we will definitely consider staying at Best Western again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Overall, it turned out OK. But, some SERIOUS issues abound.
First, there are two Gronningen streets in the Kolding area and if they just used the other street, you would find it. Instead, drove an additional 45 minutes due to bad information. We weren't the first to have this problem.
2nd, It is NOT a hotel! It is a MOTEL. Drive right up to your room!
Each room has a lovely balcony...overlooking the parking lot! It's more of a sidewalk with a door to the motel room.
3. Freakin' HOT! Yes, it is an unusual Danish summer this year, but seriously, have a fan available! it was scorching hot and the mosquitoes were coming in through the open window.
After all said and done, we found it OK for one night.
Plus...there is a FANTASTIC playground for kids behind the hotel.
Breakfast was ok.
bathrooms clean enough.
4. We had to change from the first room, since it stank like mold.
The management of this hotel will give you the 'Typical Danish Answer'...you're the first to ever complain. Danes...mediocrity at best!

Room Tip: Get one that doesn't smell! One that is off the parking lot where you can hear the bus go by.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2013

So, I´ve gotten pretty (and not with intent) famous for my review of a certain hotel in Paris. The manager ment that I was hars and intentionally lying about my experience. But why would I do that?

Anyway - this short trip to Kolding, DK, allowed me to stay at the Best Western Hotel, and my overall feeling is pretty good: the staff greeted and welcomed me with the most excellent service late at night, the room was decent considering the fair prcie I paid, the breakfast the day after wasn´t the best, but far from the worst - and, not least - they had free parking for my rentalcar right outside, litterally RIGHT OUTSIDE, the hotels main entrance.

I would say that the only drawback was that some guy, for some reason, washed the windows of my hotelrom (from the outside), pretty early, and this sort of woke me up, but Im a late sleeper anyway, so what harm did it do.

In sum, Im pleased with my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Annenheim, Austria
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This property should be called a Motel and not a Hotel!
Specifically in these cold and windy days it is not exactly comforting to walk out in the open to your room. For the price I expected a better house....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Yes it looks like a motel and rooms are basic, but it is clean, parking is free and there is underfloor heating mmm. Also a good blackout with blinds and curtains. Very quiet as room faced quad with grass area. Meal was surprisingly good and beautifully presented with friendly service. My partner said his crme brule was one of best ever tasted. Breakfast was a good buffet and overall excellent value especially for Denmark.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple