“Nice Place”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kolding
Frederick, MD
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. The rooms are a little on the small side, but not uncomfortably so. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. The location is perfect. The hotel is right accross from the train station and adjacent to the city/center walking streets. Staff gladly held my bags for a few hours after I checked out and arranged for my taxi when I left for the airport. I had reserved a Superior Double room but was given a Standard Double room. Not a big deal- but the bed was quite a bit smaller than I am used to. There are no irons in the room- you must ask at front desk for one. This didn't bother me at all, but may be a problem for some. I will stay here again next time I am in the area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times for business trips and I am satisfied with everything. Staff is really friendly and helpful, rooms are big and have tea maker, bathroom is big enough, breakfast is delicious and has variety of choice. I would recommend this hotel definitely for business and as well for leisure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The hotel has a very good location in the centre of Kolding, and it is a modern hotel with nice modern rooms. The breakfast menu are varied and fresh and are constantly filled up, so nothing is missing. You park under the hotel and the price are 105 DKK. The restaurant serves good simpel food but the prices are bit to high since it´s not gourmet food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
KRS
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had two nights at this hotel on our summer vacation trip. The hotel and its rooms are fairly new and the hospitality is superb. Location is also very good if you are planning to visit the attractions nearby, like Legoland or Givskud Zoo.

The only thing I'd say is a bit of a downside, is the relatively simple breakfast - not the best of selections.

All in all a very nice hotel which we would definately use again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We did not stay here but I want to commend the front desk person who provided extraordinary hospitality for us on July 9, 2013. We had a long layover between trains and assumed there would be lockers to store our bags. There was no storage so my wife asked the front desk person at the hotel across the street from the train station. She helped us solve our problem for which we are very grateful. We were able to walk about the city unencumbered Unfortunately our plans did not include an overnight stay in Kolding at the First Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was my third stay at First Hotel Kolding and it is a very good business type hotel with helpful staff. Last week, I was very grateful to one of the waiters, Frederik Trondhjem, who brought my bag that I had inadvertently left in the restaurant to me as I was returning to my room. This is the sort of excellent customer service that guests appreciate i.e. going beyond the call of duty. Thank you Frederik!

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank World_City_Explorer
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 13 May 2013

In May 2013, my boyfriend and I (in our late twenties) stayed at First Hotel Kolding for two nights. We were quite satisfied with our stay. Our room (202 – Superior Room) was spacious and clean with a modern design while the bathroom was functional. The view was less spectacular though with the room facing a roof top - and as there was only was one set of curtains, we had to close the blackout curtains as soon as we wanted some privacy. Also, the ventilation in our room did not seem to work and it got quite warm at night which was rather uncomfortable.

The hotel is located opposite the railway station, not far away from the city center. There might be some free parking nearby; however, we chose to use the parking garage at 105 DKK/night for safety reasons and there were plenty of available spaces. Internet at the hotel was free; however, it was quite confusing to make it work and we gave up after a while.

The staff was friendly and breakfast was decent.

First Hotel Kolding is convenient for a business stay or if you need a nice place to sleep. However, if you are looking for a more special experience, we would probably recommend something else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple