“Basic hotel”

Original Sokos Hotel Lappee
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Lappeenranta
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for one night, so can only review the absolute basics. The room was clean and quite spacious. The bathroom had a bath with shower.

The beds were comfortable enough, but we had problem sleeping because of the heat.. The room did not have air-conditioning (hence the 3 stars instead of 4)! So might wanna take that in consideration if staying here in the summer heat.

Breakfast on the other hand, was perfect for us. Something for everyone, a good spread of cold cuts and cheeses, but also cereals and warm breakfast. I liked especially the pancakes :)

Check-in and check-out was quick and efficient, and the staff we encountered were really nice.

Overall, a good basic hotel if you're passing through the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Lappee, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Customer,

thank you for telling about your experinces. Good that you liked i.e. the breakfast.

I am little surprised when you tell that we don't have air conditioning. We have it actually with the cooling system. Maybe there was problem with using it? Next time please let my staff to help you with it.

Sorry anyway!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed one night during Easter holiday. The location of the the hotel in great, and the convenient free parking is a nice bonus. When you walk out, you are in the centre, and the staff was very helpful in showing instructions.
We room was a bit small, but clean and cozy, and the bed was very confortable. The view was horrible though, only ongoing construction site with scuffoldings etc, but we didn't mind since we arrived late and left early.
Breakfast buffet was big and had loads of choises, and we ate well.
The staff was very friendly and we will be coming back whenever staying in Lappeenranta :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KatjaJM
Lappee, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Katja, "my Kaima"

thank you very much for writing so nicely about us. It is always so nice to hear that everything was ok and Customer is satisfyed and willing to return some day :)!

You are welcome!

hotel manager

ps. summer time is perfect in Lappeenranta - try!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was my first time to Lappeenranta and my friend and i decided to stay in Sokos Lappee. Before making any reservation i decided to check the reviews submitted by fellow travelers and, after seeing mostly positive reviews, decided to book it.
I even requested the hotel for a room with specific view to the street and, in less than 24 hours I got their feedback from the hotel's reception confirming such room. Great! Fast and client-oriented staff!
Upon arrival fast check-in, all required information was provided. The guy at the reception( a mature man) was really helpful when asking some directions.
We were given room 218. Simple spacious room, with minimum decor but cozy, and really clean.
For those needing ironing, there's all inside the closet, stocked minibar, flat tv and small but well equipped bathroom. Nothing to complain at.
Nice sleeping with comfortable beds and clean clean linen.
Great location- walking distance to all points : shops, restaurants, attractions, lake…
Breakfast was good: variety and freshness of product is something of importance and the hotel succeeded here. I would recommend some more fresh fruits, and that would be just perfect, as per the meat, sausages, dairy products, bread, and the rest it's good. Really good!
To take into account there's a swimming pool available, so don't forget to take the suits to chill out in the evenings.

Important: Lappeenranta is located in the border with Russia (Vyborg, Saint Petersburg) so most of the tourists in town, as well as in the hotel, will be Russian.

Enjoy your trip but remember- A successful holidays depends 90% on you.. Have a great day!!

Room Tip: room 218 is not a bad choice. you'd have view to the church tower and the park and square in fro...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank RARS
Lappee, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Customer,

we are especially delighted by your writings. Thank You!
And I promise: we will do our best to keep this status also in the future.

Welcome again!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

location is OK, breakfast as in all SOKOS hotels, nothing special. My room was too small, so if you have luggage with you, you need to figure out where to put it. There are a lot of Russian in the city and in the Hotel, so do not surprise if you feel like been in Russia. not recommended to stay there more then 1 night, once again too small rooms

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zaza64
Lappee, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Zaza,

we have few small rooms and then we have little bit bigger rooms... The building is old and we have different sized rooms. You must have been in the smallest one.

If you put a mention to the reservation "Please, room in 2nd / 3rd floor" you'll get a bigger one.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

In a good position of city, with everything we need in about 5 minutes by feet. Perfect service, good cleaning, good breakfast.
Everybody friendly and helped us for everything we asked (information, taxi, restaurants).

If you want to spend a good holiday in Lappe this is your hotel (they have free wifi, free sauna and free parking).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GiorgioS79
Markku M, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Giorgio,

me and my staff were SO pleased to hear this feedback.
Thank You and welcome again!

Katja Pellinen
hotelmanager

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was there for one day in September 2013. Quite nice room, very friendly reception (help us to park our bicycles), nice swimming pool and sauna. Good location. Good choice of food on a breakfast buffet, but as usual in Finland no service - nobody meet you, nobody greet. you, nobody clean your table.
I see the review that coffee and tea in a room is not for free, we didn't see this information and didn't pay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eugenia_Danilikhina
Markku M, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Lappee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Customer,

thank you for your opinion about our hotel. It's nice that you liked many things.
At the breakfast unfortunately there might be some times too rush and waitress will not pick up dishes soon enough. We understand how important it is to communicate with customers also at the breakfast. Our own stafff is good at it I think. This time for some reason we did not succeed at it and I am sorry for it.

We try to get better - I promise! Welcome again anyway!

Best regards
Katja, hotel manager

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Location is great and the front desk very helpful.Stayed here for 8 nights and the linens were changed once!One day I took out the pillowcase so they can put a clean one and all I got was the I wrong side of the pillowcase!(I could have done that)Another 3 days they just replace the towels fix the bed like a kid and nothing else(dirty classes,pink soap on the sink and floors untouched!I complained to the front desk and they send complimentary drinks but the situation did not improve and did not bother complaining!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pipitsa T

Dear Pipitsa T.,

I am very sorry about what you have been through at my hotel. This is not the way our service should be. Please send me you contact information and I will recearch this case more closely. My email: katja.pellinen@sok.fi

Best regards
Katja, hotel manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lappeenranta
Scandic Patria
Imatran Kylpyla Spa
Imatran Kylpyla Spa
#1 of 4 in Imatra
Cumulus Resort Imatran Valtionhotelli

Been to Original Sokos Hotel Lappee? Share your experiences!