“Holiday Inn Le Touquet”

Holiday Inn Le Touquet
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have recently stayed at the above hotel for a golfing holiday at Le Touquet. There were 12 in the party and I would strongly recommend this hotel, to any one visiting. There is more than adequate parking and the hotel is a short walk to the town centre. The rooms were spacious and the service in the Hotel was excellent. Breakfast was a joy with a choice of everything possible to start the day off, with juice, cereal, fruit and fibre, croissants and full breakfast plus strong coffee. There was swimming pool and spa and the only slight downside was the Bar was being renovated.. However the staff kindly served all the patrons in the foyer with an excellent service. A must to return to for any one visiting Le Touquet, with the main golf course only a 5 minute drive. Stuart Bruce Lasswade Scotland

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
JMThibault, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Mr Bruce,
Thank you for your comment and are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel along with your golfing friends. As you can see, the bar is under renovation but will reopen by the end of June The bar will be expanded with a new design and an outdoor terrace overlooking the garden and we also propose snacking.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

On our way back home we decided to stop overnight in Le Touquet. Why not to stay at the Holiday Inn. Hotel is located in the woods not far from the center of town and the seafront easily reached in a 15-minute stroll. Our room was at the far end, a long walk but in return very quiet and opening out to the woods. Comfortable bed, free wi-fi, coffee/tea making facilities, bathroom ok, separate toilet, flat TV, nothing special to mention beyond what you are supposed to expect to have an enjoyable stay. We did not try the restaurant as there is a large choice of places in town. Indoor swimming pool. Ample parking space. Wide selection of hot and cold dishes for breakfast which is not included in the room rate and at 17 euros is a bit on the high side. Staff helpful enough.
After all it was not a bad choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
JMThibault, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted to read that you have a pleasant stay in our hotel during your stay in Le Touquet. Thank you for choosing our hotel. Hope to see you again during your next stay in our hotels Holiday Inn.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was our 4th stay at the Holiday inn Le Touquet, each visit has proved to be a pleasant experience. We booked a duplex, 2 double beds on a split level, plenty of space, clean and tidy room. Bar area closed due to construction work being carried out but promises to be much bigger when completed in about 5 weeks time. The hotel is spacious, nice grounds, indoor pool. We like to take our bikes with us when visiting Le Touquet as there are great cycle routes all around the town, the hotel has bike racks available to store the bikes. walking into town takes about 20 mins walk into the centre. We like this hotel, relaxed atmosphere, staff friendly and helpful. Only criticism.........beds are hard!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
JMThibault, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for this very positive review following your recent stay our hotel in Le Touquet and thank you for your loyalty.
We will be delighted to welcome your family again during your next trip to Le Touquet.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were only booked for one night and had chosen the Holiday Inn because of the duplex rooms that mean we could all occupy one room as a family. The room was expensive in absolute terms and bad value for money.

We accepted that breakfasts are rarely included in Le Touquet but we never expected such a cold and inhospitable welcome from staff.

We arrived at 8:30pm from the Euro Tunnel and checked in at the front desk, so far so good. We thought that it would be better to eat at the hotel rather than trying to go into town on the Saturday night fairly late.

At 9pm we went down to the Le Picardy restaurant which appeared to be the ONLY eating place available in the hotel and entered the restaurant. We looked around and there were a number of tables available but the greeting desk was empty. A few minutes later a man appeared and we asked to have a table. Have you booked was the reponse? No we said but can we eat? "Non" was the response and this was somewhat a surprise to us.

There was no I am very sorry the kitchen is closed.. There was no i am very sorry but here is my suggestion, there was NO I am very sorry but as you are a little late perhaps we can make you one course or something light.

There was a surly rudeness, an unhelpful attitude and a total lack of any attempt at hospitality.

We walked out of the restaurant as hungry as when we entered and we went to the front desk to complain. The complaint was recieved with a total lack of interest by the front desk staff and we went out to the town to find somewhere to eat. It was now getting later and ALL the restaurants that we tried into the town had stopped serving.

We returned to no apology from the management, no token or suggestion and hungty. We went to the room and ate baguette and cheese on the bed and while this was good it was NOT at all the standard of service and hospitality that we expected from a 4* very expensive hotel.

The hotel its self is not bad. It has some revamped rooms and the duplex idea of a mezanine floor for the kids went down well.

In the morning we decided not do dine at the hotel and went to the town and had breakfast at La Matisse which was the total opposite in terms of hospitality.

We returned to the hotel and attempted to use the pool which looks so good in the brochure.

1. No towels in the changing rooms
2. No keys for the lockers
3. The pool was quite a few degrees colder than we would have liked
4. The Jacuzzi was broken and cold (bubbles like a geyser and only a few degrees warmer than the cold pool and with no way to adjust temperature).

I would not normally moan and usually I am very positive... HOWEVER... the hotel holds itsself out as a luxury experience and CHARGES for that experience but in this case failed miserably and totally to deliver something worth even half the price paid.

Room Tip: We had room 405 next door the room with the bed bugs. we did not feel any iches so hope all ok.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank floridadream2011
JMThibault, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about our hotel via the Trip Advisor website.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
We regret that our restaurant was full when you want dinner, but you had the possibility to have room service or a snack at the bar.
Regarding your comment about the temperature of the pool, that is controlled two times a day and we make sure that it is always 28 degrees. Moreover you have in your room one bath towel per person and it is indicated in your bathroom that if you want extra towel, it is available on request at the reception desk.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Very enjoyable stay, the staff were all friendly and helpful, it felt nothing was too much trouble. Our rooms were great and the whole place looked like it had been freshly decorated. We loved the huge doors out to the gardens. Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tosborne
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Considering the price I really did expect more for my money. As I was travelling alone with my two young sons, booking two rooms was impractical - ruling out most of the four star hotels in Le Touquet.

So when I saw the Holiday Inn was offering a room for three persons under the title of "cabin room" I booked it straight away, without looking further, as with a Holiday Inn you presume some level of comfort.

We arrived early so were not terribly surprised to find our room wasn't ready. So we went off into town (a 15 minute walk) and returned 15 minutes prior to the official 4pm check in time.

The receptionist said the room still wasn't ready and to give it half an hour. I answered that if it wasn't ready by 4pm we wanted a full refund and would stay elsewhere (we had left home at 6am and were desperate to freshen up). In true French style the room suddenly became available 15 minutes later.

We were given a ground floor room and initially thought there had been some mistake - as all we could find was one large double bed. To my astonishment I opened up a cupboard to find it was actually a tiny single windowless, cupboard less, room. The only plus side was that my children found it hilarious. I uttered a silent prayer of thanks that I had only booked us in for a single night - particularly as the rate was one which did not give the option of a refund.

That evening we went out and had a stroll along the spotlessly clean beach followed by an excellent meal at Jean's Brasserie. As the hotel is so far from the actual town we drove this time, and parking was free after 7pm (car parks all next to the beach).

That night we all went to bed so tired I think we could have slept through a hurricane - how wrong I was! From 8 30am the following morning, at regular minute intervals I was kept awake by the sound of a dog barking.

Eventually I could take no more and marched down to the reception to ask the manager to put a stop to it. He claimed the dog must have been in the car park but I corrected him and said it was 100 per cent in the room, as I could clearly hear it behind the door.

He promised to deal with it but the dog was still barking ten minutes later - so I began pounding the door myself until the barking miraculously stopped. It was apparent that whoever should have been looking after it had just left it in the room. It also says much about this appalling hotel that they would let someone with a dog book in a room next to a family. In fact the only surprise is I wasn't asked to keep it in my cell.

No one from the hotel bothered to update me on what action, if any, they had taken. And at checkout later the frankly daft manager said the dog had stopped by the time he went to investigate - no apology for putting a dog in a room next to us. He then asked me why I had been so angry in the morning. I replied that I was always like that when I booked an expensive room and found myself being woken up by a barking dog. I said that we English were just moody that way.

Frankly this hotel has no idea how to treat guests. The resort itself - beach, bars, restaurants - is lovely.

• Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear dennisrice,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept our apologies for the inconvenience the room assigned to you and the customer service you received from our staff may have caused. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Situated on the outer perimeter of the town it is in a very quiet area and only a short walk to the town centre. The English speaking staff were very helpful and the room was well presented and very clean and tidy.Our Restaurant meal was excellent with a good choice on the menu.The children's menu indicated how you can present a healthy eating option for kids. The Pool was open early at 7 am and other leisure facilities were all nearby.
Although on the main road into the town centre it can be difficult to find as the street hotel signs are very small.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
JMThibault, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are delighted to read your satisfaction about the quality of our services.
Looking forward to welcome you again at Le Touquet.