“Very poor for the money paid”

Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Jardins de la Cote d'Opale
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The apartments at this residence were extremely poor value for money .We paid nearly £2000 for two weeks in a one bedroom apartment which was extremely run down and paintwork and lino cracked everywhere you looked.We paid for international tv channels for the two weeks at this particular apartment as one of our members is limited to mobility and stays indoors most of the time .This was great we thought but when we arrived we were told only french channels available and NOTHING could be done about it. After 5 emails to Pierre Vacances and a registered letter on our return we still have had no reply or response.NOT a good company to deal with if your a british holiday . The area is Le Touquet and we have been before but would recommend staying in some of the nearby hotels for service ,promised amenities and space and cleanliness. What a waste of money and not what they advertise at all on their website.maker.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank morag1959

Reviewed 17 July 2011

In a recession you choose carefully where you spend your hard earned money. We originally booked the Hotel Golf in Deauville with this company- Pierre Vacances but cancelled and re-booked at a cost to us to the Le jardin Cote d Opale in Le Touquet as it stated on the resort website as having National and International Television. As i have a long term disability i am unable to get out much on Holiday so an English speaking television is vitally important . The apartment had very limited cooking utensils and equipment and what there was was chipped and broken or didnt work.We paid nearly £2000 for two weeks in a run down ,filthy and tiny apartment . Not only that but a television with only french channels.I have emailed on four occassions as their website states to do if you are unhappy with anything and to date have had not one reply. i would hope that maybe i would get a reply now through trip advisor- I doubt it though !!!!

Room Tip: Rooms that state 6/7 ar big enough for two people
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank morag1959
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I stayed here as an adult family - my parents have been to Le Touquet many times before but never stayed here. They booked here as we all wanted our own space. We booked the 6/7 bedroom for just 4 of us - I would say that the size for that many people was fine, any more and it would be a squeeze and one of the rooms has bunkbeds. My parents found their double room to be a good size. There was ample storage in the apartment and the kitchen benefited from a large dining table which was great for family lunches. There was a shower room with WC plus another bathroom (no WC) which helped 4 adults share for 3 days! The bathrooms were clean and modern - the rest of the decor was ok, not exactly shabby but could do with a freshner.
The only issue we had with the apartment was that there was a strange smell coming from the bathroom - we think drains, but made it smell quite musty and we had to keep the door closed all the time. I would have complained only we had made a complaint to reception the day before and received very poor help... when we arrived we were greeted by a really nice male receptionist who couldn't have been more friendly. He asked my mother (who speaks French well) if she wanted to talk in english and she said she spoke French, he understood her perfectly and they were chatting away fluently. The next day we wanted to make a complaint as we were woken in the night between 2 - 5 am by a very loud apartment upstairs which kept me awake as I was sleeping in the living room. The female receptionist who my mother tried to make the complaint to was dismissive saying she couldnt understand her (which is frankly untrue) and was quite rude so we felt our complaint wasnt even listened to or tried to be comprehended. The next day when we checked out the same lady was on reception and once again was rude to my mother who asked whether she should pay by credit card or cash and she just shrugged her shoulders as if she didnt understand - not ideal!
Every apartment has a balcony which was small but nice to get outside for fresh air from double doors. The pool is also excellent - large and warm with a huge sun terrace. It is about 20 mins walk from the main area of the town.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank CRKSE4
Reviewed 4 June 2011

The apartments were clean and comfortable and it is so nice to have a kitchen which enabled us to make picnics and lovely breakfasts. There is a boulangerie 5 minutes drive away so a quick drive there each morning set us up for the day for not much money at all. The beach in Le Touquet is amazing - loads of sand and fun dunes for the kids to play in. we went into town each evening for dinner and parked for free on the beach front. Aqualud is a rip off and be warned men and boys must wear trunks not shorts - I had to spend 17 euros on a pair for my 5 year old (the cheapest pair there....). I would recommend the Pierres & Vacance as it has everything you need and the pool is lovely. Will return one day!

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2011

My family and I stayed at Pierre & Vacances Les Jardins de la Côte d'Opale for a New Year break. On checking my credit card statement upon my return, I noticed that we had been charged twice for our stay. I raised this with the agent we booked with (booking.com) on 4th January 2010. They assured me that they would deal with the error and advised they were in regular dialogue with the hotel to resolve the matter. Despite numerous chasing e-mails and providing them with a copy of my credit card statement to prove the double charge, I have still not been refunded (5th Feb). So from a customer service perspective (making the double charge error in the first place, time taking over a month and counting to resolve and putting the onus on the customer to prove the error), very, very poor.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank goodbyetorres
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This was just what we were after for taking the kids abroad for the first time: apartment place with a pool near a beach. Voila. The pool is lovely, and the block was tidy and compact. There's a breakfast room, but you're better off wandering to the boulangerie in the morning. It's a lovely walk. The apartment was a bit too small for cooking evening meals in, but: a) we ate out practically every night; and b) we probably ought to have gone for a two-bedroom one. Certainly will next year, as I can't really face another week on a sofa bed!

Location is great - a quick morning drive to the beach, and a pleasant evening stroll to the town for dinner. Le Touquet is a very characterful town - plenty to see and do, miles of sand, some lovely countryside, and loads of restaurant choice. Friendly, too.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank GlynEvans
Reviewed 8 June 2010

The check-in staff were very friendly and you ARE able to check-in before the stated time of 5pm. Rooms are basic but comfortable. We had two single beds with duvets and a sofa bed with sheets. Kitchen has dishwasher, combi microwave/oven and four ceramic hobs.
Location is a good 20 minute walk from the town centre but this means it is very peaceful and the walk itself was very pleasant (the sun was shining).
Swimming pool is great for small kids and there are plenty of sun-loungers.
The sea was a major disappointment - very dirty - we didn't dare swim.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family