Room 14 is a refurbished room which I would describe as "quirky". It has a frosted glass door to the en-suite directly opposite the loo. Sitting on the bed watching telly, whilst seeing a pretty clear view of one's partner using the toilet can be disturbing. However, this is not why I am penning this review, but is more to do with the intolerable noise in the room.
It overlooks the fitness center and during the day there is the constant drone of the plant that services it. Not a big problem if you are out sight-seeing. At night, we were kept awake until 1:30 am by noisy occupants in the next room (I complained to the desk who did, in all fairness, manage to get them to quieten down)......... BUT, at 3am on the dot, a horrendous mechanical hum kicked off that woke us with one hell of a start. It sounded like a jet was on final approach to the local airport, except that jets don't use the airport, and certainly not at 03:00. Again I phoned the front desk who advised me that it was the on-site bakery that started work at 3, & would go on until 6! Looking out of the window were plumes of steam coming from, what must be, the extractor fan....& this constant, droning, mechanical hum..Despite closing the blinds, the double glazed windows, & the heavy curtains, it went on, & on, & on...I asked for an alternate room but was told that there was only a single available. So began a long, sleepless night!
Unless you have impaired hearing, avoid! For €260 you can do a lot better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Opal Coast ideally situated between Paris, London and Brussels, where you will find Le Touquet - a dynamic and vibrant 4-season European Resort. In the heart of one of its most elegant quarters, just 500m from the beach and 150m from the Palais des Congres, the 1930's charm of the Westminster and its sober luxury continue to attract. The 115 rooms and suites, 2 restaurants and spa will welcome you for a charming stay. Car Park: 12 € per vehicle, per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Barriere Le Westminster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westminster And Spa
- Westminster Hotel Le Touquet
- Hotel Westminster Le Touquet
- Hotels Le Touquet