This is Le Touquet's smart hotel, located in the forest area, surrounded by elegant shops and luxury villas, a fifteen minute walk from the sea front. We stayed in a "prestige" room on the 3rd floor, reached by one of the two charming, original elevators. The room was spacious, nicely decorated and light. It had a pair of nice looking, but hopelessly uncomfortable armchairs, of which there are numerous different patterns, but of equal discomfort, around the hotel. We knew, from previous reviews that, incredibly, there are no facilities in the room for making tea or coffee. So we brought our own kettle. The service in the hotel is very good, so there was no problem in borrowing a teaspoon from the bar, then cups from the breakfast room.
When the bedroom door handle came off in my hand (the handle to the super bathroom will soon do the same) I took it down to the cheerful concierge, and it was fixed immediately.
The 19 euro breakfast buffet is nicely laid out and bountiful, in a large salon with more staff than guests. There is a Michelin-starred restaurant, which we didn't visit, and a less expensive, but not inexpensive one where we had a pleasant and tasty lunch, listening to the rain beating on the glass roof.
There is a good bar on the ground floor.
We contemplated a room service dinner when it seemed too wet to g out, but the menu is so uninspiring, that we braved the elements instead.
With its position and standing, this really ought to be a top class hotel; the staff try hard enough, but the management seems to have a death wish, which is a pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Opal Coast ideally situated between Paris, London and Brussels, where you will find Le Touquet - a dynamic and vibrant 4-season European Resort. In the heart of one of its most elegant quarters, just 500m from the beach and 150m from the Palais des Congres, the 1930's charm of the Westminster and its sober luxury continue to attract. The 115 rooms and suites, 2 restaurants and spa will welcome you for a charming stay. Car Park: 12 € per vehicle, per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Barriere Le Westminster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westminster And Spa
- Westminster Hotel Le Touquet
- Hotel Westminster Le Touquet
- Hotels Le Touquet