“Lovely Hotel but bad management of credit card details”

and 1 more site!
Itsara Suites & Spa
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The hotel is very central, boasting beautiful suites. We stayed in the Dehli Suite which was very large with a fab bath and lounge area - loved it. The hotel has a bit of a funny smell which takes a while to get used too.

The only problem was they day before we were due to arrive we had money deducted from our account from Itsara Suites. The manager was positive he did not do it, but after ALOT of backwards and forwards phone calls he realised he had got credit card details of the guests mixed up and had taken the money. It looks like he just stores details on scrap bits of paper - not good!!

Room Tip: Dehli Suite is great - large and nice decor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie D
jean bernard d, Owner at Itsara Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest:
thank you to enjoy your stay in our place.
I am sorry with the small probleme we had with your credit card.
I made a mistake (confusion with 2 names) and I repair the problem.
Nobody is perfect !!
The more important is that you liked ITSARA
I hope to see you an other time (I promise to do not make any mistake this time!!!)
Sincerely yours
ITSARA

Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the New York room. It is the smallest room but was very nice nonetheless. Next time will upgrade though. Marrakech room is fantastic. Breakfast was superb. We would certainly visit again, good location, great host, nice room. Recommended

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed here with my husband and parents at the end of March and we had a lovely stay. We stayed in room Marrakech and my parents stayed in New Delhi. Both rooms are uniquely furnished to a high standard and are very spacious. The hotel is excellently located in order to enjoy all that Le Touquet has to offer. After we left, I realised I had left my earrings in the room and I emailed the owner. The owner could not have been more helpful. He returned the earrings straight back to me in the UK at no cost. I would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SummerFun321
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Wanted somewhere a bit different for an anniversary weekend and Itsara did not disappoint. As other reviewers have noted, Itsara makes a point of being different to the usual bland beige rooms offered by other places. We stayed in Bangkok which is the top room and has a great space with a fantastic bath in the ensuite. Breakfast was good and host Jean Bernard works hard to ensure you have everything you need. Unusual art adorns every room and the location near restaurants and the town centre is perfect. We will try to get back again soon.

Room Tip: Bangkok is at the top up its own set of stairs so looks to be a bit more secluded that the others.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Quirky, great fun, great value and refreshing to stay somewhere unconventional. Jean Bernard was a delightful and helpful proprietor and endeavoured to make our stay very comfortable. The room or should I stay suite, was very large and full of interest. The hotel is located 5 minutes from bars and some very good restaurants and 10 minutes from the huge Le Touquet beach. Breakfast (served in the bedroom) was beautifully presented and substantial.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I can't really add to what everyone else had said about this place. It really is great fun! What is also good is that it's clean, comfortable and warm. We stayed in the Marrakesh Suite in early December in bitterly cold weather but were still very comfortable. Yes, the shower attachment is a bit annoying but you just forgive it because it's all part of the charm. And the breakfast - fabulous! Don't hesitate, just book and enjoy it.

Room Tip: We looked at all 5 rooms and they all have their own querky charm. The room price is probably the b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lindag22022
jean bernard d, Manager at Itsara Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Dear guests!
Thank you so much for your kind rewiew.
It is for my wife and me the best Christmas present we can receive!
The year was very hard for the business in France and we work very hard to satisfy our guests.
People are often not very easy with us.!!!
Sometimes when we read nice letters like yours :
We think that our efforts are positive.and we have to go on in the same way
Merry Chrismas to you and God Bless every one
ITSARA

Reviewed 1 December 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Itsara in Le Touquet. The hotel is just a short walk from the main shopping area and restaurants. All the rooms are themed and we stayed in Marrakesh. Our room was exceptionally spacious, with the bedroom, bathroom and dressing area. The bed was very comfortable with lovely clean bedding and nice pillows. The Marrakesh room also has a small garden which would be a lovely space to sit for cocktails or eat outside in the summer. The room also has a flat screen TV and DVD player. Breakfast was amazing. Brought to your room it consists of French bread, Croissants, Crepes,Cheese, Ham, fresh juice and fruit - we had Kiwi and Pineapple and coffee or tea. The breakfast was so big we didn't need lunch. .

Jean Bernard is a real character and is full of interesting stories. We would definitely book here again - maybe in the summer but since there are only 5 rooms we will have to book early. I looked at all the other bedrooms with our host and I would be more than happy to stay in any one of them next time. Marrakesh would still be my favourite however because it is on the ground floor and you get the advantage of the garden.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice - Marrakesh and New York are on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple