“rather basic but clean”

Villa Bellagio - Marne la Vallee
Reviewed 11 December 2013

- close to railway station (access to Paris and Disney) and Bussy center (restaurants and food shop nearby)
- by car easy access: 2 minutes from A4 motorway
- rooms are quite large with fridge + possibility to cook
- indoor free car park

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Booked and paid for this well in advance of our holiday, purely because of it`s close location to Disney. For this it couldn't be faulted, just 5 minutes or so walk to the station and a further 10 minutes on the train to Disney. There is also a very secure underground car park, which was very welcome. It was useful to have a fridge in the room, as we got food and drink in to have breakfast in the room, meaning we could just get up and off quickly in the morning. The town has numerous bars / restaurants nearby and a supermarket all within a few minutes walk, those are the good points.
The hotel seems like it needs a lot of money spending on it, decor and fixtures / fixings are tired and dirty, particularly the carpets which we didn`t dare walk on in bare feet! The corridors were dark and had a musty smell and it was only after my wife used some antibac wipes, which she always carries with her, that we used the toilet / shower. We also had to ask for bath towels and reception reluctantly gave us one each, after first offering 2 for the 4 of us.
We didn`t eat there and the breakfast room always seemed empty, when we passed it. The hotel did what we wanted it to do, in that it was close to Disney and simply somewhere to sleep, but it was overall a very poor hotel and I won`t want to return again, so suggest readers look elsewhere when in this area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on 8th August 2013 after a day at Disney. We booked because of its close location to disney and cheap price.
The hotel wasn't the cleanest but in our experience this was only the case in the corridors - the carpet was quite stained throughout, however the bedroom was very clean and extremely spacious which was unexpected- a nice surprise. We got free wifi with our stay. There was secure underground parking which we where pleased with and the next day we were allowed to leave our car there after we had checked out while we went into Paris for the day- we walked to the train station which was only a 10 minute walk at the most- another bonus.
We didn't have the breakfast.

I found all the staff to be extremely polite and accommodating and they all spoke excellent English.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The hotel is in a great location, near to eurodisney and within a 10 minute walk of the RER station. The location is quiet and safe, although a little lacking in atmosphere and charm. But, the hotel has many problems. No tea/coffee in the room, not enough towels provided, carpets dirty, no hot water, water was luke warm at best. The worst problem was the the cleaner left the door open after cleaning the room, so take your valuables with you. I am not the first to report this problem so did take valuables with me. The rooms were large enough though and you did get free parking under the hotel, just watch the entrance it is very narrow and any car wider than a Mondeo may not fit in. You also get free wi-fi. You feel that this was once a decent hotel but the hotel has now run out of money and is managed on a shoestring.

There are better hotels to choose from, but if you just want somewhere cheap to crash after eurodisney it is an option.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We chose this hotel for its Paris/Disney location and the price. Knowing that we would spend such little time in our room we thought cheap would be fine! How wrong we were, this is the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. The corridors are dimly lit which is a blessing as the walls and carpets are so shabby and stained, some ceiling tiles were missing. The dining room with a conservatory overlooking a disused run down pool wasn't appealing, we certainly wouldn't of eaten there as we imagined the kitchen would of been as disgusting as the rest of the hotel.
We were a family of 4 so had two doubles with a connecting door, this was the only plus as it was spacious with two bathrooms. Only two bath towels mind you!! I had to ask twice for more towels and eventually we were given two small hand towels, not good! There was no hot water at night. The carpet in the rooms were dirty and covered in various stains, if we had had small/toddler children with us we would of left straight away. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 01Paula2
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days, 2 of the days were spent in Disneyland Paris, and a day in Paris.

The hotel staff I found helpful, the check in was simple and the receptionist printed off our boarding passes when leaving (after me asking her too).

The room we stayed in was ‘100’, the room and bathroom was spacious, the room also had self-catering facilities such as a fridge, cooker and sink, however no cutlery was provided. There was plenty of wardrobe space, free Wi-Fi, but it lacked air conditioning! I don’t know if it was the heat wave they were having or just our room, but it was too hot! Even with the window open (propped with a pop bottle as the latch didn't work), it was really humid, and there was no air at all. I did ask reception if they had any fans to provide us with, but the night receptionist didn't seem to understand me. The room is definitely in need of reconditioning, minor things such as: cracked tiles, bath towels ripped/ holes in, window latches broken, but there were no major problems.

We didn't use any of the hotel’s facilities so I cannot comment on these, I did ask about the pool, but the receptionist informed me it was out of use, but failed to mention how long for.

The location was ideal for our travel arrangements as we were using the RER; the station was conveniently situated, just a five minute walk away. Disneyland is just two stops away, taking a total of six minutes to arrive once on the train. We also went to Val D’ Europe shopping centre and ate out; this was a huge shopping complex with lots to do. Paris took about 30 minutes to get to on the RER.

I don’t think I would return to this hotel, however for the plans we had, (Disneyland Paris) money and location, it is an ideal hotel if you’re not going to be spending much time there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WalsallDan
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The people that work at this hotel are inept and less than helpful. I had my phone taken by an employee, who refused to return it. I received no response to the complaint. Bugs crawling on the ceiling freaked me out. Don't look at the website, as it is not an accurate depiction of the grounds. The pool is covered in a tarp, with dirty water on top. The wall paper was peeling, tiles in the tub falling off, and the door to my room was broken. I did not feel safe. Not really centrally located, as the Metropolitan is about five blocks away. This may not be a big deal when you are going on your day of exploring, but is a huge deal at the end of a long day of site-seeing. I would check out the hotels around this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bussy St Georges
Mercure Marne la vallee Bussy St Georges
Mercure Marne la vallee Bussy St...
#1 of 5 in Bussy St Georges
B&B Hotel Marne la Vallee Bussy
B&B Hotel Marne la Vallee Bussy
#3 of 5 in Bussy St Georges
Premiere Classe MLV - Bussy Saint Georges
Premiere Classe MLV - Bussy Sain...
#2 of 5 in Bussy St Georges
Campanile Marne la Vallee
Campanile Marne la Vallee
#4 of 5 in Bussy St Georges
B&B Hotel Marne-La-Vallee Torcy
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Val d'Europe

Been to Villa Bellagio - Marne la Vallee? Share your experiences!