“Good price, rude staff”

Villa Bellagio - Marne la Vallee
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Good price, rude staff”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed there by the end of May. The keys of the doors didnt work, and when we went to the reception to complain, the manager was very rude, as it was my foult. After checking the door was jammed, he just said: yes it seems you are right about the door... No apologies.
Apart from other minor incidents with the staff, the value for money is good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Homembrabo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Ok, I have taken a few days to reflect on my experience and still can't really believe it! I don't want to rant so instead a short synopsis of my complaints and the hotel manager's response:

First given an unclean room (left as was by previous guests), then asked by the grumpy, unapologetic receptionist if I could check if a room was clean as no one else was working.

manager's response: it's a two star, I think you are expecting too much.

Wires hanging from the ceiling in corridors where ceiling panels were missing

manager's response: it's a two star, I think you are expecting too much.

Corridors are filthy, obviously not cleaned on a daily basis.

manager's response: You don't sleep in the corridor! And, it's a two star, I think you are expecting too much.

Fire doors don't close in the corridors, bare pipes where there used to be an ice machine, dimly lit filthy car park with open access and full of rubbish.

Manager's response: it's a two star, I think you are expecting too much.

The receptionist gave no welcome, no apology for 1st dirty room and seemed rather unhappy in her work (the swearing at the computer screen and huffing and puffing kind of gave me that impression).

manager's response: It's a two star, I think you are expecting too much.

"Can I have a refund please, I will find somewhere else where my 7 year old niece can feel safe?"

managers response: (yep, you guessed it) it's a two star, I think you are expecting too much.

Please don't make the same mistake I did. For a tiny bit extra you can go to the fantastic Magic Circus hotel where we managed to find a replacement at last minute. This place will simply ruin your Disney weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ash B

Travellers are raving about these Bussy St Georges hotels

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here in February half term, upon arrival receptionist said that we did not have a reservation (we had already prepaid) and they didn't have a room for us. They were very friendly and found a room for us. The room was very big with a queen bed, single bed and sofa bed (for four). The room was clean and just what we needed. The electricity didn't work in our room and several members of staff came up to try and fix the problem and help us,unfortunately the electricity went off every night so we couldn't charge or phones etc. But the staff were friendly enough and fixed the problems! Cheap budget hotel but would definitely recommend for location and friendly staff! There is a gorgeous pizza place around the corner also (Pizzeria Di Roma), it doesn't look great but the food is absolutely amazing, a definite must if you're staying in Bussy Saint Georges!! I will be visiting the hotel again in October, good value for money!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and quiet!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank howardyy
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Ok check in: easy quick - I felt a little too easy.
Got to my room, which I had only booked an hour prior, it was a queen bed, I booked a twin. Went down to reception, the guy wasn't too worried, gave me a new room. I went up, room was just a room, then I looked in the bathroom, the shower was broken so they just wrapped the shower head and line around the bath tap and that was it, so to have a shower you had to hold up the head. At first I was going to let it go, but then I decided considering it was my bday weekend that no I wasn't going to have this so went down to reception asked if I could change rooms again, he flat out, without taking a breath said no, I thought he was joking, but no he was dead serious- I couldn't believe it, I explained the situation and he just said wait till the engineer tomorrow. I wasn't having it so I asked for my queen room back and me and my friend slept in the same bed. Not good service at all, I understand if there's no more rooms but just to flat out say no like that I felt was rude. Then the next night I asked the receptionist if he could print something off, he said yes and gave me the email address to send it to. I went to the room, sent it, came back down and a new guy was there, he refused to print it off saying they don't do it. Again bad service. We stayed due to being close to Disney, never again

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hull
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 1 week in April 2014, the hotel was easy to find from the station a right, left and right. On entering the hotel we were pleasantly surprised with a nice lobby, check-in was quick and simple and we went straight to our room. This is when our views changed, as said in other reviews the corridors are damaged, stained and mucky. We were in room 138 - once in our room we noticed that the mucky carpets continued. The bedroom/kitchen area was tidy, as well as the bathroom. We had a set of drawers and a wardrobe with coat hangers, there were no utensils or cooking equipments. The hob did not work, and this was due to safety reasons in the hotel - so all week we had to eat out (rather expensive) but luckily we took enough, though this is not the self-catering hotel as we thought. We did however have a fridge. The bath/shower was very nice and the heat was always on, the wifi was always available. The hotel is however, perfectly situated for the train station for access to Paris and Disneyland. To summarise, budget hotel with budget standards at a budget price, staff were helpful, cleaners were in everyday and they cannot be faulted. If you can afford more I would recommend, this is a smoker friendly and pet allowed hotel with no access to food unless you go out a lot, the restaurants are nearby and good quality. Would only recommend this hotel as a last resort, it was a room only need for us and can only say go if you need it for easy access to disney.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel was hard to find as no directions. Reception staff(girl with glasses) absolutely rude and obviously didn't like her job. Changed rooms 3 times Bcoz first it was facing other rooms windows and microwave didn't work, telephone in house didn't work and the receptionist said they don't really provide them! It stated clearly on website that rooms have microwaves , fridges etc as self catering! Then next room fridge not working. Finally third room was constantly at 100 degrees had to leave windows open all night despite rain. No cutlery. Had to purchase my own frying pan and cups for tea! Better hotels near the station with better friendly staff. Would never ever recommend or stay here. The only person nice enough to give me the managers name was a black guy at reception the day we were leaving! Not worth any amount. Pay more and hv piece of mind.

• Stayed April 2013
Epinal
Reviewed 11 December 2013

- close to railway station (access to Paris and Disney) and Bussy center (restaurants and food shop nearby)
- by car easy access: 2 minutes from A4 motorway
- rooms are quite large with fridge + possibility to cook
- indoor free car park

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bussy St Georges
B&B Hotel Marne la Vallee Bussy
B&B Hotel Marne la Vallee Bussy
#3 of 5 in Bussy St Georges
Premiere Classe MLV - Bussy Saint Georges
Premiere Classe MLV - Bussy Sain...
#1 of 5 in Bussy St Georges
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Val d'Europe
B&B Hotel Marne-La-Vallee Torcy
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Villa Bellagio - Marne la Vallee? Share your experiences!