“Certainly far from the best”
Review of Pavillon Italie

Pavillon Italie
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kremlin Bicetre
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights in November. Firstly the reception staff were friendly and spoke reasonable amounts of English.

Rooms are clean but much to our dismay our "double room" actually had a bed made of two single beds which we found rather irritating.

The shower was also another problem as it was barely warm, probably the worst I've seen in my travels however the rest of the bathroom was nice and functioned well.

The side of our room must have had a leak as the floor became extremely wet near the bed when it rained which was rather annoying if you were in socks.

Location is decent with close metro station and cheap food places.

All in all, poor place to stay for its price with better options nearby.

I would avoid this place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Every night that weve been there was a problem: they have moved us to 3 different rooms at the first night, weve slept with no pillow cases and in separate beds instead of a double bed, the service was awful and they demanded that we'll pay 'city texes' for unknown reasons. other than that the hotel is far from the city center and from the metro (10 min walk).
in conclusion: stay away!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sébastien D, Gérant at Pavillon Italie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Ariel,

Thank you for having stayed at the Hôtel Pavillon Italie and for your comments.
Negative or positive, all comments help us to improve our service. We are really sorry about the problems you had during your stay and we have taken the appropriate decisions in order to avoid these kind of misadventures for our guests.

We hope you enjoyed visiting Paris.

Best regards,

The Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2013

It was one of those times when a wave of reservations had filled all the good Paris hotels leaving a booking frenzy for ridiculously-priced or grotty rooms in its wake. I had to commit to this hotel for my business trip before it too sold out. I had never stayed here and it wasn't particularly close to where I needed to be. Location, surrounded by on-ramps to the peripherique, could be handy if you were traveling by car.
Armed with low expectations, I was able to overlook the used decor, dysfunctional TV (only 3 german channels + 2 spanish and CNN ?) and lack of wi-fi (only that day allegedly ..). Luckily the bed was clean, shower worked and the receptionist pleasant. Leaving in the morning, I had to wait about 15 mins to check-out of my prepaid room and be charged for taxe de sejour (this is often included by the better establishments). I was a few minutes late for my morning meeting.
I didn't pay for it myself but all in all: average, phew.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights in Sept . We were allocated a room on 1st floor and as such could hear traffic. This did not keep us awake as we were both tired from treking around paris.
Check in was ok and staff pleasant.
Room was average and certainly nothing flash but is ok for the money. We also had breakfast which is like continental and was sufficient. They ran out of things a few times but topped them up soon after.

The main negative for me of this hotel was the location, it is a good 10 minute walk from nearest metro. I would rather have paid more money to be closer to the metro.

Overall you get what you pay for . So go with low expectations and you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I must say that this is not the worst hotel I have ever stayed at - but when thinking about staying in Paris - don't stay here.

The location is too far out of the city and while the Metro is close (10-15min walking distance) it is not close enough. There are not many cafes or restaurants nearby unless you want McDonald's, Asian food, or Kabobs. The area around it is not terrible, but it leaves much to be desired.

The hotel itself is an old Holiday Inn Express that was sold. The building needs a complete facelift. Old moldy, smelly carpet and depending on the room - mold or damage to it.

The breakfast was so-so, with terrible pastries and instant coffee. They didn't always restock it often and the people working in the breakfast area were not the friendliest.

It does have free wifi in the lobby - the one lone bright spot in the hotel - but not enough seating nearby.

The lobby staff is VERY friendly and helpful. Too bad they work at such a terrible establishment. Stay somewhere else - this place is NOT worth it!

Room Tip: Ask for one that does not have any mold!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David K
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This is an average hotel in all respects. it does nothing badly but nothing exceptionally either. Although I can speak conversational french I did need to speak in English a couple of times and the receptionist did not have a good enough knowledge of English to be much use. Of all the languages you would have though that the hotel would at least have someone who could speak in what is a "universal" language.

They were not much use in getting us a taxi either and did not seem over interested in helping over and beyone booking us in.

On the plus side - the rooms were clean and functional which is what you expect from HiEx and this is really the most important aspect of any hotel. The bathroom as well was clean with good hot runnig water and a decent shower.

There are better HiEx's in Paris but this is the cheapest due to its location.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The rooms that I saw weren't too bad. Nothing special but mostly clean. I had a group of 30 students here so I saw a lot of rooms. The issues were cracked shower curtains (so water everywhere) combined with apparently very few towels that existed in the hotel. The day workers at the desk were decently friendly but the night workers were lazy and rude, especially to students (who were being very reasonable). The breakfast that we saw was really not too bad considering the rest of the hotel. Croissants, hard boiled eggs, ham, Edam and Brie cheeses, cereals, coffee and juice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Place d'Italie / Quartier Asiatique
Hotel Tolbiac
Hotel Tolbiac
#1,449 of 1,803 in Paris

Been to Pavillon Italie? Share your experiences!