“Paris Visit”

Novotel Paris 13 Porte d'Italie
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kremlin Bicetre
“Paris Visit”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my family of 4 visited this hotel during the summer holidays for our first Europe visit.Did not expect much as some of my friends in UK said it was cheap for four of us minus the breakfast though I thought it was expensive but I don't know we always have small portions for our food as we are a family who lives on rice everyday(asians) and the okabe mall offered asian food so we tend to go there most of the time and mcdonalds just beside it. I didn't fancy the metro although there are good connections to the metro for the Paris Centre and the Tram/buses is a few yards away you just have to know where you are going as it was hard to ask directions cause we hadly speak French...The room was very spacious and my kids can run around the room plus one big queen bed i thought it says queen on my reservation but it looks like a kingsize bed for me. The housekeeping is also impressive as we always arrive back from our city tour with nicely clean sheets,carpets and towels.We brought a white towel as I don't fancy using the hotel's sometimes but the housekeepers thought it was theirs and took it by mistake but it's our last night no point of asking the reception for it. Its our fault we should've kept it away from their own towels.The breakfast we tried for one morning not bad as well, I would definitely recommend the sausages. The kids were given complimentary yoyos and bands...thanks...my eldest liked to play the xbox but is always being used by the other guests.But would definitely recommend if you are on budget yet quality is there.The surroundings is not a typical Paris centre but who cares we needed somewhere to stay and I like it to be cheap, expedia and the reviews helped a lot...would recommend...

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Joy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed there for 5 nights during our first visit to Paris. We found the location a bit "off side", but knew about this in advance, and relied on the Metro system. It takes 8-10 minutes to walk to Port D'Italie metro station and app. 25-30 minutes to get to the center of Paris. We were a bit worried when we noticed the hotel was near a road with heavy traffic, but we didn't actually pay attention to the noise from the inside. The room was nice, perhaps a bit small, but clean and offered the services that we needed. Would in principle love to stay there again, but it is a trade off between convenience (location) and price. There are lots of Italian restaurants in the neighborhood, although perhaps not that many French. The wifi connections works alright (but speed is not suitable for streaming). The best feature was our bed, it was very comfortable :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank zuark
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was traveling on business in Paris and the host booked me to this hotel. The hotel is really a business hotel offering a variety of services (free internet, printing boarding passes and the like) but there were many tourists. What stood out was the excellent service provided by the staff. The location is convenient with easy access to the Metro but it is not a picturesque Paris location.
It is located next to the peripherique, the beltway, of Paris which makes it convenient for taxi drives to either airport (CDG or Orly). Paris' china town is four blocks away crossing a bridge over the beltway. The hotel offers good breakfasts (included in the reasonable price) but I would not recommend having dinner there. There are not any good restaurants in the area so a a metro ride to the Left bank is an easy solution.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank ahl7300
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here as a family for a fencing competition. The rooms were spacious, acceptably clean, the bathrooms were functional and well designed. The pillows and bedding were a bit too basic and they could improve on this quite easily. The front desk staff were capable and helpful. The rooms I was originally given were not what I had booked pnline. When I brought this to reception staff's attention they addressed the matter immediately. It was not cheap, but few hotels in Paris are, and you would probably be best to avoid those. The one major drawback was the price of breakfast, which I thought was shockingly expensive. They know there's really no place else around to eat. Despite that, I would book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel or you'll overlook a major expressway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank liketOtravel00742
Barkingside
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my family for a 1 night stay for sightseeing in Paris on the back of a trip to Disney.
After comparing prices with a few central Paris hotels we opted for this hotel as a cheaper option.
Not expecting much from the hotel I was very pleasantly surprised on my arrival.
The location doesn't look much and from the outside it looks very grey and dull but once through the revolving entrance door you are in a very new looking exceptionally clean hotel with all the customer service of a central city hotel.

The room itself was a family room and it had plenty of room for all 4 of us with a very large comfortable bed and a very good quality double metal frame sofa bed. The room also boasted a fridge which had 2 complimentary bottles of water. As with the reception the room was extremely clean.

The bar/restaurant was well priced and of good quality, the service was fantastic and they were able to offer gluten free bread to my 4 year old as well as create a gluten free meal for the same price as a kids meal. This same service was also available at breakfast where we were given fantastic service.

A small underground car park is available at €18 per night.

The centre of Paris is 11 stops away on the metro and the nearest metro station is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

I will definitely return to this hotel and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Stayed February 2014
Novotel Paris Est
#3 of 6 in Bagnolet
ibis Budget Paris Porte d'Italie Est
Novotel Paris 14 Porte d'Orleans

Been to Novotel Paris 13 Porte d'Italie? Share your experiences!