“Great hotel!”

Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kremlin Bicetre
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I stayed at this hotel with 34 students and 4 adults. We had a great experience. The hotel rooms were clean and well maintained. The breakfast was delicious. The hotel is on a Metro line that takes you right into the city centre past the Louvre stops. The staff were great with the kids. All around great experience!

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank Adventure2009
There are newer reviews for Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie

Reviewed 25 March 2008

The tour group I was with was booked into this hotel. The tour website siad it had been renovated in 2007. Not true. The top three floors were being renovated and we woke each morning to hammers and drills at 6 am. The floor we were on was disgusting. Torn carpets, sheets and bedspreads. Rank smells, windows that did not latch. We were in an urgent situation with my son's health and returned to the hotel earlier than the group only to be refused access to our room because they had given three kids only one key. The manager refused to let my son in his room. Parents if your tour books this hotel cancel immediately.

• Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank somsnlee
Reviewed 7 March 2008

We have stayed at other 2 star hotels (we were told this was a 2 star) in Paris and this one for us was below average even for a 2 star. This review is based against other Paris 2 star hotels:

paper thin walls and could hear the 4 families across the hall screaming at their childs and slamming their hotel door well beyond midnight.

Bathroom/shower very small but the same as other 2 star stays
Not as clean as we would have liked (even for a 2 star).

The bed/mattress was ok...we slept fine (after the screaming kids went to sleep) and the room had a small table and a dresser for hanging some cloths up

I believe it was about a 15 minute taxi ride from Orly with no traffic so it was in a good location from the airport (that was basically why we booked here with our late arrive time).

The walk to the metro was about 10 minutes so that was also good considering you are at the edge of Paris.

Overall, we had the impression that this was more of a budget hotel used by students and low budget tourists, so I would say this is really a 1 star hotel with the convenience of being close to Orly airport.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Domenicd2000
Reviewed 25 June 2007

This hotel is a little far out from the city center, but isn't too far from a metro stop. It is very basic. If you are looking for any luxury, you won't find it here. My room was ok, moderate, and fairly clean. The bathrooms are also pretty updated and clean. This is like a low end Days Inn or Holiday Inn in the States. Not much fantastic, but did have a good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank ucango2
Reviewed 6 June 2007

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I have traveled quite a bit. My room was dirty, stunk. It was as hot as hell in the rooms. Management told us that the airconditioning was being repaired when actually they refused to turn it on until the "season". And Paris was experiencing a heat wave while we were there. We had to sleep with the windows open at night so that we did not suffocate to death or die of heat stroke. We would leave early in the morning and not come back until time to go to sleep. If you tried to come back during the day and take a nap, you would bake. We tried to change hotels but they had charged our credit card for the entire amount and would not refund any of it. The last night we were there someone scaled the wall of the hotel, climbed into my window and stole items from my room. All the hotel management had to say was "It was reported to us that someone was seen climbing the wall. So sorry." I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. The only decent thing about it was the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank francebegone
Reviewed 5 June 2007

This hotel was part of a bus tour we were on.
It is a long way from the center of paris but close to a metro stop.
The rooms are tiny and a bit well worn.
The area is a bit dodgy, with people begging just outside the carpark. There were also signs up warning of thefts from teh resteraunt. You also had to wait for the front desk to open the door for you. Teh breakfasts were great though.

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank PirongiaJo
Reviewed 11 November 2006

This area is unsafe. I stayed 2 nights as part of a tour. My purse, including wallet and passport, was stolen from the hotel restaurant at breakfast. At the front desk, a woman said her purse had just been stolen from the restaurant as well. The hotel manager kindly drove me to the police station to file a report, which I needed to get a new passport and continue the tour. During dinner at the hotel, I was startled when a hard object broke the restaurant window from outside. The next morning, 3 people from my tour were stuck in the elevator until a repairman came. The hotel initially refused to pay for their taxi to catch up to our tour bus. Overall, a very stressful experience.

• Stayed: August 2004
Ibis Paris Porte d'Italie
Kyriad Paris Sud - Porte d'Ivry
Kyriad Paris Sud - Porte d'Ivry
#6 of 7 in Ivry-sur-Seine

Been to Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie? Share your experiences!