“One of the worst hotel I've stay in Paris!”

Kyriad Paris Nord Porte de Saint Ouen
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Saint Ouen
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the worst hotel I've stay in Paris!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Location - The nearest metro is at least 15mins on foot & the area the hotel is located did not really look safe.
Room - Terribly small, room was so dim, could not really see whether the room is clean or not! The ventilation in the room is extremely poor, hang my shirt for 2 days in the room & it is still wet!
Brekfast - Was with a tour group & we were cornered to an area at the back. Our breakfast only have bread, cereal, yogurt, juice, ham & cheese, whereas other hotel guests seated at the other area have additional food like salad, scramble eggs & bacon. One of my tourmate was scolded by the restaurant staff just because he took a small plate of egg & bacon!
Will not recommend this hotel to anyone, there are better choices out there!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank valtripadv
ahstouen, Responsable relations clients at Kyriad Paris Nord Porte de Saint Ouen, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for last stay with us. You did not get the service you were expecting.

The hotel aera is actually changing a lot due to constructions. We have engaged works to improve guest satisfaction. We do apologize for any convinience caused.

Concerning your breakfast issue, we inform you two breakfast are proposed. One is continental and one is full buffet. Your package probably to not include full buffet.

Looking forward to welcome you shortly at Alliance hotel Paris Porte de Saint Ouen, please accept, Madam / Sir, our warmest greetings.

Benoît

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure. I choose this hotel as the price was reasonable (for June) and it was close to the company I was visiting and we took in some tourist areas as well. The staff were very helpful and spoke good English for the most part. The area is a little scruffy but I had not fears about the area. We were in walking distance of the famous St-Ouen flea markets, our church on Sunday and landmarks such as Monmartre and the Sacré-Coeur (good walk!). We managed to easily negotiate our way on the metro and RER to Versailles and the Louvre. The breakfast was OK with hot and cold options plenty of it. The room was basic but OK. Internet was available but not great. TV only had news channels in English - but that is the norm for France.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear of the hotel it is quieter. Note currently there is building work going o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ahstouen, Guest Relations Manager at Kyriad Paris Nord Porte de Saint Ouen, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Nick,

We really appreciate your comments. Thank you for giving us your opinion.

Thank you again and we look forward to see you again at Alliance hotel Paris Porte de Saint Ouen.

Benoît
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My initial impression of the hotel wasn't too bad however over the weekend my initial experience was chipped away and overall I didn't enjoy the hospitality of Alliance hotel. I stayed here because of work as the hotel is a 15 minute walk from the offices I needed to attend. I returned to the hotel on Saturday (after finishing work late) at 9:30pm to be told the restaurant doesn't open at the weekend. I asked if the man behind reception could recommend any local restaurants, he said no. I asked if I should avoid any local restaurants and received a typical French shrug. I asked if any local take away would deliver and did the hotel have any menus and was told no. So I ventured out to find something to eat and noted how different the area is at night and particularly on this Saturday. For a 6 foot 2 12 stone man Im not used to feeling intimidated but I did, the area doesn't feel safe at all. Grabbed a Dominoes Pizza and went back to the hotel. I would expect that a hotel serves food to its guests and if not that an alternative would be in place, such as take away menus or recommendations for restaurants. I was also annoyed that despite putting a do not disturb on my door I was awoken by house keeping and after I left the hotel for work on Saturday housekeeping went into my room. I hadn't wanted anyone in there because I had valuables that didn't fit in the safe. What's the point in do not disturb? I expected worse after reading the reviews and I guess its a 120 Euro a night hotel and you get what you pay for, however with some focus on customer service this could be better.

Room Tip: Spend a little bit more and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Saint Ouen hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend, was quite worried after reading some of the reviews with regards to the area. The hotel was around a 7 minute walk from the nearest metro port de saint ouen, the area isn't amazing, but I did not encounter any problems what so ever. The rooms are exactly as the photos i had seen on trip adviser. The rooms are on the small side, but they were clean and there is free wifi in the hotel. It doesnt take very long to get to the centre of paris, there is a supermarket & cafes near by. The staff were also really helpful & We also had a really lovely meal at a resturant called enzo which is a few minutes round the corner.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anam A
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

We stayed here for three nights in early May. It is some distance from central Paris, but 5-10 mins walk to the nearest metro. It is not in the best area, but we encountered no problems apart from a homeless chap who was always by the shops nearest the metro.

The rooms are not brilliant, but if you are in Paris, what are you doing in your room? get out and see the sights. Breakfast was excellent - plenty of choice, fresh fruit, usual breakfast goods, and some hot meat and eggs.

A reasonable place if you are not expecting to stay at the Georges V.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosinacarley
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

RUN! This hotel is in the worst area. In the evening its like walking through the gauntlet. If you stay here get a cab to drop you at the front door and hide your bags under jackets or carry some sort of weapon. I felt very unsafe and have lived in big cities. Diverse community here but lots of thugs - hanging around in groups especially under the bridge by the hotel.

One of the the women was walking with our group and she was mugged right in front of the hotel. The thief was very aggressive.Then one of the guys in our group ran after the thief and found a sea of thugs. SKETCHY! The hotel is good, nothing bad to say about it except the location happens to be in a very dangerous area. They need A LOT of security for their guests to stay here.

Room Tip: If you have a private car and a bodyguard and don't carry ANY valuables
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
ahstouen, Responsable réception at Kyriad Paris Nord Porte de Saint Ouen, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to leave your impressions about your stay in our hotel.

We regret you felt unsafe in the nearest area and we really work on it with the police department of Saint-Ouen, the peacefulness of our clients stays our priority.
As every big cities in the world, peakpocket are working. it is important to stay careful with your belongings when visiting Paris and its area.

Our situation in the north of Paris, is not even bad for every client. We have direct connection with the metro stop(to reach Champs Elysées avenue), RER stop and also A1 motorway. We have a private parking and garage to leave your car in safety.

We hope your experience will not leave you a bad view of our beatifull city of Paris, and hope we could welcome you next time in better conditions.

Best regards.

Océane Coiffier.
Front Office Manager.
Anglo Russian
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel deserves better reviews than it's been getting. Some of the comments are the exact opposite of what we found. We spent five nights here.

The hotel is located close to the Periferique, but we detected little noise from it either inside, or outside, the hotel. It's in a small non-residential street. The area to the north, heading towards the Garibaldi metro (about 500m), is mainly retail and has a significant North African population. The area to the south, heading towards the St Ouen metro (about 400m) is part retail, part residential, and more mixed. It's not the best of areas, but we happily walked these streets in the day and late at night without feeling unsafe. There are generally quite a lot of people about at night, which is preferable to deserted streets. Anywhere in a large city is unsafe if you don't take simple precautions. Know where you are going, don't display wealth, and don't get distracted.

The hotel itself is smartly presented, and the cleaners seem to work hard in keeping the common areas up to scratch. The only area where some refurbishment is needed: the stairs (if you choose not to use the lifts), where the carpet is a bit threadbare. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, and quickly and happily moved to English when my French failed any particular situation. They always met us with a smile and a greeting, which seemed very genuine. The hotel will hold left luggage for you, if you have a late flight.

The breakfast was excellent, but of course is the same each day. Hot: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages and fried potato. Cold: fruit cocktail, yoghurt, cheeses, meats, croissants (plain and chocolate), breads, hard boiled egg, etc. The coffee quite good. Even on the fifth day it still provided enough variety. A kettle, with tea and coffee, is provided in the room (but no milk, however there is Lidl store less than 200m to the north).

The only significant detraction is the size of the rooms. They are small, especially if you have a child's bed added, as we did. Still, we didn't book this hotel to stay in our room, so it wasn't a serious problem. The room and bathroom were in good order, and were very clean. Beds reasonably comfortable.

We would happily book this hotel again, depending on the offer available. We booked through ASDA travel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, and worry about noise, ask for a room at the back of the hotel (away fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hotel Residence Europe
Hotel Residence Europe
#1 of 10 in Clichy
Novotel Suites Paris Stade de France

Been to Kyriad Paris Nord Porte de Saint Ouen? Share your experiences!