“Very comfortable and quaint”

Landhotel Sickinger Hof
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Walldorf
Springfield, Illinois
“Very comfortable and quaint”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for six nights during a business trip. I highly recommend this hotel if you need one in the area. My room was in the second building on the first floor (room 24). This is considered the older part of the hotel. My room was comfortable nonetheless. Please remember, this hotel is in a village town, you will not get the large bathtub and shower as expected in modern American hotels. The main building suffered a fire and has been rebuilt therefore considered the modern section of the hotel. They offer a nice breakfast in the morning. The restaurant is good for an evening meal. The staff were quite friendly and helpful. It was clear they truly care about the business and their guests. Also, they speak very good English. The Internet was OK as I was able to FaceTime home every night with some connection issues. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would return without hesitation.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JM600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I work for a company in Walldorf and have stayed at the Sickinger Hof several times now. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay. The hotel is located in a charming little square just off the main street which is very quiet and relaxing. The owners and staff are very friendly and the food is excellent too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London, England
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The hostess agreed to keep the check-in open later than usual after I telephoned to inform the hotel of a travel delay. I was a late booker but the room was clean and spacious.
The breakfast was excellent with a huge variety of teas and an extensive selection of cold meats, cheese and fish. I ate a very tasty winter salad in the restaurant one evening.
The town is quite charming. For those arriving by train there is a good service into the town centre. Overall the hotel is good value for money.

Room Tip: I slept well in the annexe.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
A Manchester Man
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Walldorf is today mainly famous for being the headquarters of the SAP software company, however it many other good things to offer. One of those is the Sickinger Hof hotel and restaurant. Although there are many other good restaurants in this small town they tend to not to have the same "green" credentials as the Sickinger.
The restaurant serves different food types but I would recommend the local menu which is very recommended and the one I choise when I was there. I had Venison and Spetzler which was cooked just right and extremely tasty. The mains are of a good size without being overly large which is consistent from what I could see from others on my table.
The wine choice is ok, but they also serve open local wine from the bar if you ask which is very nice and my choise.
With drinks expect to pay about €25pp which is good for food which is so tasty and well presented.
As a bonus they have both staff who speak English and menus for those like me who are linguisticly challenged!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walldorf
Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg-Walldorf
Arador Hotel
Arador Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sankt Leon-Rot
Best Western Plus Palatin Kongress Hotel

Been to Landhotel Sickinger Hof? Share your experiences!