“first time dissapointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Walldorf
Tel Aviv District, Israel
“first time dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

i have stayed in this hotel many times and always enjoyed my stay. the rooms are nice, breakfast is plentiful, and service , especially in the bar is friendly.
however this time i was really disapointed. the hot water in the shower had no pressure at all and there was no way of taking a decent shower, the hot water dripped and did not reach the shower head. i contacted the front desk and was told that there is nothing they could do, the plumber was not on site and no room change was possible as the hotel was full. to compensate me for this they gave me a free drink in the bar in my next visit, a little embarrassing ....
the toilet was stained and there too the water did not go down properly.
i hope that this was a one time slip as I visit the area pretty often

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Adrian, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I travelled to this area for a small conference in Heidelberg. I noticed this hotel on the HI website because it was available for about 40 Euros less per night than the other similar places I was considering in Heidelberg proper. After confirming with my colleague, who lived in the area, that she could pick me up on her way to the conference, I decided to select this hotel. It turned out to be a good choice. As I came to find out, the hotel caters to the visitors SAP brings in. However, that simply means it is well oriented to business travelers. The interior is quite adequate and gives a reasonably good impression upon entering. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The facility is a little old but still pretty well kept in my estimation. My room was spacious and clean. The internet service was a little pricy but it functioned well. The morning breakfast was likewise pricy but this seems to be commensurate with most comparable hotels in northern Europe. The buffet was decent and the variety of offerings was reasonable. The location was a little isolated and I did not have a car. However, I went to Google Maps in the evening and found that I could walk to a good restaraunt closer to City Center Walldorf in about 25 minutes. The route took me through the outer edges of the SAP grounds and I actually found the stroll to be enjoyable. In all, under the proper circumstances, this hotel can be a good choice. If your business is at SAP, the location is perfect. The website said it was 10 minutes drive to the Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof but I noted that it was more like 15 - 20 minutes. If I had been forced to take a taxi to Heidelberg and back each day, the fares (about 25 Euro per one-way trip) would have more than erased my savings. However, since I had alternate transportation, this was a good choice for my business in Heidelberg.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Debbie K
Saratoga Springs, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I'm here on business, like most guests I would assume. Totally sufficient hotel. Rooms are clean, shower is good. Breakfast is good - eggs, meats, etc. Had a steak for dinner at their bar and it was very good. Staff is very nice and helpful.

Agree w/ an earlier review on the mini-gym. Really bad equipment. I used the squeaky elliptical machine - it was comical. Sounded like a flock of geese were flying by. I would think management would want to invest a bit here - get a treadmill, new elliptical, and new bikes. It's almost unusable the way it is now.

Otherwise all was good. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn a few times recently on business. It’s quite worn around the edges but they seem to be refurbishing some of the rooms at the moment so this may make a difference. Whilst nothing special, the rooms I have stayed in have been clean and comfortable. The breakfast is of a good quality and I have also found the service to be efficient and friendly.

The main disappointing thing about this hotel is its fitness facility. I have no problem with the fact that there is only a “mini gym”; the issue is that hardly any of the machines are actually functional. Out of three exercise bikes, only one works. The fourth and final cardio machine in there is a really rickety cross-trainer which creaked and swayed so much that I thought it might actually be dangerous.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TrufflesSmith
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg-Walldorf, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear TrufflesSmith,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased you found our room cleanliness and breakfast options commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of the fitness center. I have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

On our way to Italy we spent one day here with the family. Great staff, clean room, nice swimming pool for the kids, indoor as well as outdoor and very good breakfast buffet. We will absolutely stay here again in the future?

Convinientky located next to the Highway a good place to stop

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
iowa city, ia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel 1 night during our recent vacation to Germany. We liked, not loved, this hotel. We had a car, so we saw the hotel from the Autobahn and had no trouble finding the place. It is pretty much all by itself. Not a place to be if you did not have a car. I do not think there were any other restaurants that were within walking distance. We drove to downtown and had a great meal. The front desk employees were nice and helpful. Our room was nice and clean. The air conditioning unit in the room worked well, but made quite a few odd noises. Thankfully ear plugs helped out with that problem. We did not get a chance to check out the breakfast, as we were on our 1st night in country and with our jet lag, slept through the breakfast. We would stay here again if we were in that area and had a car to get to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank iowacityia
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

Very old hotel, would definetly need a significant refurbish. The price is too high compared with better places available in the area.
For Sap employees, i would rather stay in Heidelberg and rent a car, than using this Holiday Inn Waldrof again!

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Walldorf hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walldorf
Hotel Vorfelder
#25 of 76 in Heidelberg
Landhotel Sickinger Hof
Landhotel Sickinger Hof
#8 of 16 in Walldorf

Been to Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg-Walldorf? Share your experiences!