“Beware of rooms with ladders”
Review of Haus Landgraf

Haus Landgraf
Haus Landgraf
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Walldorf
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“Beware of rooms with ladders”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel in January 2012. Reached there in the night. Took me half an hour to figure out the entrance. Once in, I thought, let me relax. No way! To get to the room there is a steep ladder (not even a proper staircase). Kind of ones you use when you are painting your house. I had a 20KG luggage. Took me 20 minutes to somehow pull it up to the room in the dead of the night. Tired and exhausted, I just went to sleep. The heating was working thankfully. Breakfast was not anything to write home about. Never used any room service so don't know about that. Location is good. There is a very nice pizzeria just near the hotel.

Room Tip: Explicitly ensure that they do not give you a room with stairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Actually my booking was done for Hotel 'Villa Verde' when finally arriving at the hotel (not to easy to find when being first time in Walldorf and having no daylight anymore, but could be that I am the too stupid to look correctly...)

I was informed that the Hotel 'Villa Verde' is full and I have to go to 'Haus Landgraf'. Honestly, I was a little bit irritated and asked why there is no information upfront. The answer was very professional 'I am just helping out here...' Not a good reception. I received a key and a map with the information where to collect my invoice in the morning.

The other house is not too far, but again I was too stupid and had to search in the dark for the right entrance. As it is a very old house and quite charming, I was happy having only a small and light bag to carry up the steep stairs. The room is simple and next to the stairs and now I am aware of all other hosts. Especially the one in the room above where you can listen to every step.

WiFi is in this house for free - this was mentioned in the hotel room booklet, but no hint where to get the password. Calling the reception is impossible after 20:00h and not to mention that there is no telephone in the room.

All in all way too expensive for such poor services. I was traveling all over the world and I am amazed how poor the German service can be. I am not in a youth hostel, but I am reminded somehow...

But why bothering the guest are anyway coming thanks to the big employer in this region with many trainings.

The location in the city center is positive and the Greek restaurant nearby very good.

• Stayed February 2013

Travellers are raving about these Walldorf hotels