“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Taverna del Lupo di Mare
Ranked #38 of 59 Restaurants in Golfo Aranci
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
aurora ontario
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went to this restaurant in 2006 and this year 2 out of 3 nights in which we were in Golfo Aranci. The owners are still amazing, and so is the food. We had culurgiones, ravioli, and other pastas along with cotolette milanese, bistecca ai ferri and they were all delicious, although the pasta dishes are not very large portions.
We did not eat any seafood, so I can't comment on that.
Both nights we were 5 adults, and with wine, the price was 109 euro and 133 euro respectively.
One night the owner offered us Mirto at the end of the meal, on the house, and the 2nd night he offered us mandarin liquor which he makes himself, and I must say that it's the smoothest after dinner drink I've ever had in Italy.

Visited July 2014

Somerset
“Lovely view, mixed review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Chose this restaurant as it had a lovely setting across from the water. The service was good and the waiter helpful. The main thing that let this restaurant down was my main course. I ordered a pasta dish (something like ravioli filled with ricotta cheese). The first mouthful was okay, the second was cold and the third was frozen. We told the waiter who immediately took it away and brought me a new dish, however this meant that my husband ate his meal alone whilst I was waiting for my replacement meal to arrive. My husband enjoyed his pasta dish, hence the mixed review. Even if my meal hadn't been frozen, I felt the food was just average.

• Visited June 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A very decent trattoria, at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We have been there three times during a holiday in Sardinia, and I have always found a good service (sometimes a little slow because there are really many customers), cheerful and helpful staff, and an excellent choice of traditional Italian and Sardinian dishes, from spaghetti with seafood to top-class fish caught that day (e.g. orata, and branzino sea-bass). Excellent pizzas too, and very good grilled vegetables. Friendly to vegetarians. But if you order a first and a second course, and the waiter decides you may have to wait a while he may decide to offer you a 'focaccina' a lovely baked mini-pizza without tomato but with a little sea-salt and rosemary, delicious (and usually NOT charged!). The traditional Sardinian dessert "seadas" ( fried pastry with local cheese filling and honey) was superb. It is very popular in the summer, therefore a booking is highly recommended, but the staff will try and accommodate you as soon as poss even without a reservation.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great pizza, great quiet location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We visited here while driving through Golf Aranci and fancied a late lunch. The restaurant is right at the water front and was lovely to stop and have a pizza.bathe food was really tasty and also really reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
North Lincolnshire
“La Taverna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Right next door to our hotel. Attentive waiting staff, great food, good prices for the quality. Pleasant house wine. Would definitely visit again!

Visited August 2013