Most people come to this area of Sardinia for the beautiful beaches. That being said, hotels right on the beach are difficult to come by. Gabbiano Azzurro has a small but lovely private beach with turquoise, shallow waters. In the summer there is a fee of 10e to rent an umbrella and chair, and it can get quite crowded so it's best to book ahead. The setting and public areas of the hotel are lovely, breakfast is nice, pool is small but nice, and lovely views and landscaping. The rooms are a little outdated, but are spacious enough, have a/c and sky tv, and the beds were really comfortable. The town of Golfo Aranci is a little sleepy but there are a few nice shops and restaurants and it is walking distance-10 minutes from the hotel. There is also a convenient supermarket nearby. Overall, it is a quick drive from the airport, and conveniently located for most of the Costa Smeralda sights and beaches you will want to see. Parking is anywhere on the road and usually not too difficult to find a spot.The staff are incredibly nice and very helpful. Overall, a great stay, and one of the better priced options in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated modern high quality 4 Stars Hotel with private beach, pools, restaurants, dock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabbiano Azzurro Hotel
- Gabbiano Azzurro Golfo Aranci
- Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro Sardinia/Golfo Aranci