Hotel San Pietro
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Hotel Albatros(Letojanni)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We were staying here as part of a school trip, but we are always very conscious of the behaviour of our pupils (and ensure that they do not disturb other visitors). Therefore we were horrified by the steady stream of noisy and poorly behaved school parties from other countries. They only stayed for one night at a time but each group was incredibly noisy throughout the night. Although we informed the hotel, nothing was done about it. And to add insult to injury, on our last night we were told to ensure our pupils were quiet that night as there was an adult group staying in the hotel that night!
Although the food was fine and the majority of staff were helpful, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to sleep!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I had been in this hotel in mid August 2010. Hotel is OK, but not that great for price we payed. Sicily in general is quite expensive. Hotel is average and it looks a little bit old. Rooms are ok, old, clean and towels are changed. Room has A/C which it is controled from reception. A/C turned down around midnight. In the morning there are no A/C. Balkony is ok, but you always see neighbours (guests) in hotel. From the balcony I saw a little bit of the see, city of Taormina and higway.
Otherwise, hotel has the best food. Variable breakfast and tasty dinner. Every evening during the dinner there is a paper on which is menu for the dinner next evening. You have to mark which menu you have choosen (primi and main menu). For primi is always spaghetti, risoto or supe. For main menu is some dish from Sicilian cuisine. Food is very good. We also have a Feragosto dinner where a clasy dinner with 4 walk. It was nice and very good especially for those who love sea food. I didn't like that my partner and I must share the table with two other guests - that was for the dinner. I also didn't like staff... a lot of them was quite arogant and hot helping at all. We want to rent a car, and receptionist didn't help us as we aspected. So for every information we had to go in Info point where we get our information.
Hotel has almost nothing, no swimming pool, no animation, just rooms and food.
Beach with grey sand is near hotel and has expensive sunbeds and umbrella although all sunbeds and umbrellas are from the hotel. Beach is ok, but not great. Sea is clean and wavy. You should beware from the jely fish. Near hotel is bus station so you can go to Taormina whenever you like, but if you there in August you should know that you can wait for the bus 2 hours or more because of heavy traffic.
I also didn't like that a lot of Russians are there and staff alowed them to do whatever they like.
I will go back to Sicily but not in this hotel.
Letojanni is nice place because Taormina is near and Etna is also not far away. I sugest that you visit those places.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Barbara b
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Hotel is saved by its location right beside the beach. Beach is clean and it costs 4euro per day per person for a lounger/umbrella. The beach beside owned by Ciao Ciao is cleaner, better beds.

Hotel is clean, but shabby. Staff when pushed are helpful. Alexandria the waitress in the restaurant is fantastic and extremely helpful.

Food is plentiful - you won't go hungry. Each evening there is a large salad bar with a good selection of dishes; a pasta course, a meat course then, fruit, or a cake/creamy thing. Breakfast is a buffet, lovely coffee, and some fruit. It is not amazing, but it is passable - although a little repetitive over the week.

No safe deposit boxes in the rooms - only tiny boxes at reception which cost 1euro per day, and don't hold much more than a couple of passports, an ipod and a wallet.

Air Conditioning only works from mid afternoon to 1am - leaving it baking hot for the rest of the evening/morning.

Sheets are not changed - beds only made daily, and room/bathroom tidied.

Decor is extremely dated - especially bathrooms, which are various shades of brown

Letojanni is an extremely relaxing resort. Italians go on holiday here, there are lots of lovely restaurants, great ice cream shops, a couple of supermarkets. It is a place to relax not to party madly.

Would recommend for people wanting to completely chillax, not for those looking for mad nightlife and partying.

I would not recommend this hotel for honeymoons.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank Dey0
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Hotel San Pietro Letojanni, not to be confused with the Grand Hotel San Pietro, Taormina, is an OK hotel. The food - we were staying half board due to last minute booking - and staff in the restaurant were excellent. However, the hotel itself in terms of decor was very tired, cleaning the rooms only consisted of making the beds and replacing the towels every day, and the air conditioning was controlled centrally and seemed to come on at seemingly random times. In 36 degrees this was a bit much, it needed to be on all the time. Beach also OK, but watch out for the jelly fish

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
7  Thank jobeansyUK
Reviewed 21 March 2006

I was taken here as a surprise birthday, and on arrival I was so happy to see where we were staying, the hotel looked beautiful. We were escorted to our room, we arrived at 7 so it was quite dark and the view from our room was amazing, mount Etna glowing in the distance..... From here our experience with the hotel went down hill!!

Our room was tiny, barely not enough room to swing a cat, and we had just an ensuite shower. I complained once I found out how much we had paid for our room, and after our neighbouring japenese tourists showed us their room which was more than tripple the size of our room and they had a bath!! The receptionist said we would have to wait till the manager was back in tomorrow, seeing we were there for a short trip, I was annoyed. 20 minutes later a porter showed up with out warning saying he was taking us to another room!! I was in the shower at the time, so a warning would have been nice!

Our new room was far better, have no idea if it was a suite, but it is what I am used to staying in as a standard room when staying in 5 stars.Would have been very happy if it had been our room on arrival but felt somewhat annoyed with the room they had given us in the first place.

For breakfest the next day, we had to walk in to the kitchen and call out as we had waited for over 10 minutes and were very hungry!! the waiter pleasently asked us what we would like, they did not have a menu!! so he said he would bring a selection over to us, which was nice enough but would have prefered to chooses our selves! and this kind of service continued all the way through our visit, if we wanted a drink at the down stairs bar after travelling a few floors down, you would then walk back up to the stairs and ask reception if some one can serve you!! each breakfast we had to go in to the kitchen and call out!! I think if we were not having such a fantastic time on holiday the whole hotel experience could have ruined it. We forgot our phone charger, and it was our fault but the hotel didnt have a spare, they cant exchange money, there was no english speaking channels on SKY, we were not allowed to swim in the pool.

We (I promise you) were the only people in the whole HUGE hotel, (apart from the japenese tourists I spoke about earlier who were there for only one night that we were), and we actually felt that we were an inconveniance to the hotel by the end of it!!! It would have been nice if they treated us that little bit better as there was no one else there for them to service! and this fact really annoyed me when I considered that as the only tourists there they put us in a box room!!!

I know that other peoples reviews are really complementing, so looking at it from the hotels point of view, we were not there in peak season which is why perhaps there was not full time staff available at the designated points, the hotel is lovely and when filled with tourists who are allowed to use the swimming pool Im sure there would be more of an atmosphere to the place, I hate to go on about it but the room thing was inexcusable! The menu's for dinner really did look fabulous, but we obviosly wanteed to spend as little time as posible at this hotel and prefer atleast a little bit of atmosphere, this place lacked that!

Stayed: February 2006