All reviews modern conveniences beautiful boutique hotel street noise dinner reservations excellent hotel old city front desk train station regis francesco wifi property rome town umbria
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I hate to give this review cause I really enjoyed my stay up to the morning I had to leave. The hotel is beautiful with great amenities. And I hate to give bad reviews, but I cannot help but to write this one. Unfortunately my departure was a terrible experience. This will be a long review because I want to write the details what happened.

My wife & I wake up at 4:30 am to catch our 5:45am train. It was super early, we were both exhausted with only 3 hours of sleep. I come to the night clerk at the front desk and ask him to call a cab.

Clerk - “why do you need a cab?”
Me - “I don’t have much time and I’m tired.”
Clerk - “where are you going?”
Me - “train station.”
Clerk - “you don’t need a cab, you can walk. It’s 5-10 mins.”
Me - “I have a lot of luggage and my wife and I are tired. Please call us a taxi.”
Clerk - “I don’t have the number.”
Me - “yes you do cause the front desk lady told me you can get a cab anytime and you have the number.”
Clerk - “it’s 5:00 am. Nobody is working.”
Me - “please call us a taxi and find out.”
Clerk - “€15 and 20 mins.”
Me - “thank you.”

15 mins pass as I walk back in my room talking to my wife and we are ready.

Me - “can you please call and find out where the taxi is? We are in a hurry now.”
Clerk - “ well it’s been 15 mins, the taxi told me 20 mins so in 5 mins he will be here.”

I get really pissed off at this point!

Me - “listen, I’m not in a motel 6 where you think you can talk back to me, I am your guest here in a Relais, pick up the f*+king phone and find out where the taxi is and I don’t have time for your f*#king attitude with me and I shouldn’t have to explain myself to you why I need a taxi!!”

So the taxi comes literally in 20 seconds & he doesn’t even help me and my wife bring down our luggage and stands by the window at the door and watches us leave the hotel. That’s my last unfortunate experience at this beautiful hotel from that guy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chefbrik31
valeria r, Direttore at Relais Metelli, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear ChefBrik,

thanks for your review.

Given that the dialogue you reported is not totally faithful to the reality of things and given that we are talking about a HOTEL LOCATED ONLY 90 METRES from the train station, if you had planned to take a taxi at 5 in the morning to go to the station, it would have been preferable to book it at the reception, at least the day before.
A small town like Foligno does not have a taxi service that covers all 24 working hours, as it happens in large cities.

However, we apologize for the inconvenience, but we believe that it was an exaggeration, on his part, to have reported some inconvenient and unpleasant statements, very far from the realty of the events, in view of the positive and excellent service provided, as usual, by our team.

In our opinion this review is extremely offensive. We provide every day, 24 hour, all the help to our guest in any circumstancies and these outrageous words, ruin our work, our image and our professionality.

Best regards

Valeria Roani

Direzione

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We stayed here for our honeymoon and could not have been happier. Rose petals on the bed, complimentary prosecco, a stellar private balcony, it really had it all. We also got some of the best rest on our trip with the beds, AC, and powered blinds.

Valeria was especially warm and friendly. She recommended some places in Foligno (which was wonderful in its own right) and made us feel incredibly welcome. Breakfast was great and the weekend aperatif's in the yard should not be missed. Can not recommend this place more!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

What a find...beautiful Liberty style home converted into a chic and elegant hotel that is a two minute stroll from the train station. The hotel is the perfect blend of old world charm and modern amenities. OUr spacious room was done in soft neutral tones. The bed was large and comfortable. The modern lighting system, once conquered, was great. You could turn-on the bathroom light from the bed-great for night time trips.The bath towels were lovely and thick as was the comfy robe. The staff was as gracious and helpful as the building was elegant.,arranging taxis for us and making dinner reservations. Breakfast was delicious with lots of choices.It was the perfect base to explore Umbria. I didn't want to leave.

One note: if you like to sleep with the windows open you might ask for a room that doesn't face the street. The traffic dies down by eleven or so, but if you are sensitive to street noise, it could bother you. With the windows closed you won't hear a thing.

Oh, and I enjoyed Foligno itself. If you can, visit the Abbey on the outskirts of the city.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't face the street if you are sensitive to traffic sounds
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I stayed in Relais Metelli for a long weekend in Nov 2017 and it was incredible - room was beautiful, the location extremely convenient, but it was the staff that completely blew me away. If you are looking for a small hotel, with a family run feel that is authentic to the region but still modern and beautiful - this is your spot. To start, the rooms are gorgeous- beautifully designed in what I would call modern royal-chic. The rooms were all just gut-renovated, have all brand new technology, and an awesome bed and shower- could not have been better. Second, the location was perfect. I am always wary of places very close from the train station, but this place is top notch - the closeness to the train makes it incredibly easy to get to from Rome, and it is also a short walk to the main street / old city center with shopping/walking streets and great restaurants. As I mentioned the staff was incredible. This is a small boutique hotel with a small team running everything. I am celiac so I was in contact with them in advance of arriving to help us make dinner reservations and alert the local restaurants of the need to be gluten free. They were incredibly responsive and helpful - setting us up with the best restaurants in the area, going as far as prompting the restaurants to treat us like VIPs with the best tables in the house and warm, inviting, excellent service. When we finally arrived at the hotel the front desk clerk presented me with our agenda and walked me through how everything worked. They had even brought special breakfast in for me just to ensure it was all gluten free! The regular breakfast is wonderful as well- all homemade fresh pastries and fruit, cheese, etc. Lastly, while this is not a place where there is a lively bar or restaurant, one evening my boyfriend and I came home from a dinner and wanted a night cap. They actually opened the bar downstairs up for just us. I am simply in love with this hotel and the staff. One quick note on Foligno - When I was doing my research, I found it hard to tell which towns in Umbria have more activity or are quiet medieval feeling villages. Foligno is a great blend of both. It is a large enough city (~50K) so there is a lively local restaurant and bar scene all in the old city, and is it is also very close drive to several great small towns and wineries. Thank you again to Valeria and Francesco for welcoming us and treating us like family!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2017

A beautiful old palace that turned into a hotel. The room was great. Breakfast was excellent. The staff very helpful. Location is great - very close tot he pedestrian area of the town center, and a good base for exploring Umbria.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple