“Luxurious, helpful & relaxing”
Review of Park Hotel Junior

Park Hotel Junior
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Quarto D'Altino
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Luxurious, helpful & relaxing”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I'm not usually in the habit of writing reviews for places that i stay - but, Park Junior deserves a special mention.

The staff are wonderful & the constant shuttle to & from the train station was brilliant. Even when we accidentally took the wrong train (it's fine, we found a spar that sold bottles of spirits for £9! I know, right! Every cloud etc ...) the manager was kind enough to pick us up with short notice. The breakfast was excellent & we hold no shame in saying that we pocketed a pastry to enjoy in the afternoon. Oh, and definitely try the scrambled eggs. We tried a few of the local restaurants - notably the hotel managers restaurant down the road (amazing), but another special mention has to go to the local bowling alley. We spent our first night there, sipping a beer and eating some great bar food. We went back a few nights later for a game of bowling (the mrs won by one point.. one!) and more of their great food. In its simplicity, it was one of the best nights of my life.

When you're in Venice, seek out the Devils Forest pub. They serve outrageous measurements of spirits & had Limp Bizkit playing on repeat.

Venice and Park Hotel Junior - We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dannyward2707

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Spent four nights in the spa suite for our 10 year wedding anniversary and had a brilliant stay.
The hotel is spacious and so was our room. It had everything we wanted for our trip to Venice, without the high price of staying in the heart of it, and for the sake of a 20 minute train journey, it was certainly worth it.
The staff were always pleasant and helpful and made our trip smooth and easy running. My husband and I are complete Novices to traveling and know very little Italian so we were both apprehensive about finding our way to Venice, but the hotel provided all the information we needed and the staff were always happy to help us.
The hotel provide a car free of charge to and from the local train station for set trains, which they like you to book in advance (ideally the night before) but on a couple of occasions we didn't, but this was never a problem as there was always space available, but I'm guessing this would be busier in the height of summer.
Train tickets into Venice were sometimes available from the hotel, when we knew what we were doing in advance. The times we left our plans till last minute we either bought tickets ourselves from the machine on the platform, which was pretty simple to use, or one day the driver picked some up on the way to the station for us. If we ever wanted to change what train we were booked to come back on, a quick call to the hotel and it was easily changed. The driver was always there and we were never left waiting. (word of warning, the trains were sometimes VERY busy going into Venice, and again, I'm guessing, would be worse in the summer)
Breakfast was available 7-10am within the hotels 'summer room' with lots of delicious things to eat. Fresh cooked bread and cakes were lovely, juice, fruit, yogurts and pastries, but my husband and I mostly had bacon and eggs.
There was a restaurant within the hotel's grounds, we ate here on our first night after a busy day traveling. We went for the set menu of two course for 20 euros each, and the portions were huge and unfortunately, we couldn't eat it all.
Our room was amazing, and certainly worth the money. The jacuzzi was a blessing after a busy day in Venice, and we used it most nights to unwind. The bed was HUGE, however, too hard for our likely, but it didn't effect our quality of sleep. There was a mini bar in the room, and the prices were reasonable. Large walk in wardrobe with ample space. Balcony over looking some of the garden and some marquees (I'm guessing, used for functions, but for the time of year, looked a bit sorry for themselves) but this never bothered us.
Hotel can also arrange a taxi to and from the airport for 35 euro (one way.) We took advantage of this on our way home.
overall, a fantastic stay, and we would really love to return again in the future.

Room Tip: save money by not staying in the heart of the Venice and get a better, cheaper room by staying just...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised from the start at the prompt and helpful replies to our email enquiries. The collection from treviso airport was efficient and the driver very friendly and helpful. We loved the hotel with its quirky decor and spacious rooms and the breakfasts were superb. I cannot praise the staff highly enough for their friendly, can do attitude and their willingness to always go the extra mile. The only downside to staying here is the very crowded train into Venice, but we always got there! It's also a shame that the restaurant attached to the hotel was a bit disappointing with little atmosphere and uninspiring menu. Overall though this was superb value as well as being a great way to see Venice.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel is exceptionally clean and extremely quiet. The staff are all very pleasant. The shuttle service to and from the station is generally efficient and essential as the route is not an easy one to walk. I have no complaints about the hotel, although I would say that in this case a kettle in the room would be helpful. The room we booked said "free wifi" in the description but there is no wifi in rooms, wifi is in the reception/bar area. There is wired internet in the rooms but no good for I-machine users. We stayed at the end of October and the place seemed to lack any sort of atmosphere, this may be different in busier times. There are a lot of items on the breakfast buffet, but most are sweet cakes or fruit and the selection changed little across the days. The 'hot' food options were barely warm. The journey into Venice was straightforward but if I were returning I would prefer to stay in Venice itself, even if only for a wider choice of food options.

Room Tip: We had a standard room, perfectly good, plenty of room and nice balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night before flying out of the Venice airport. We drove to the hotel and then to the airport the next morning so I can't speak to the convenience of this location if you are travelling without a car. I can say that the hotel is down a short dirt road (which is off a main road) so it is a little hard to find.

I paid a total of $89 on Expedia for our room and I feel we got a great deal as this place exceeded my expectations. The lobby, hallways and ballroom in the hotel were beautifully decorated but the décor in the interior of the rooms was nothing special. Our first floor room was clean, spacious and had tall ceilings. The best part of the room was the spacious private balcony that looked out onto their well kept, peaceful grounds. The complimentary breakfast was held in their ballroom which was gorgeous (I wouldn't hesitate to have my wedding there) and had a beautiful view of the grounds. The food was better than average but the selection of hot items was limited. The staff at breakfast, as well as at check-in, were friendly and attentive. The only complaint I have about my stay was that the wireless internet was very sketchy - part of the time I had to sit in the hallway to pick up the signal. Also, they didn't mention the internet during check in - I had to go and ask about it once I discovered that an access code was required.

Overall it was a great experience and in my opinion great value for the money (especially given the lousy dollar to euro exchange rate). However, if I hadn't read that this was a 4 star hotel I wouldn't have guessed it. So if you are accustomed to the 4+ star hotel experience you might want to look elsewhere. Also, you definitely would not want to use this hotel as a base to explore Venice - it's way too far off the beaten path. However, I do highly recommend it as a place to stay before a morning flight, for a business traveler or as a place to hold a special event.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 4 nights (one night before getting a cruise out of Venice, then for 3 nights on my return from the cruise). The staff were very friendly, welcoming, hospitable, and helpful. Getting breakfast was lovely, as the variety of food was terrific, and I found it to all be of good quality and healthy. Tables actually had ornate, good china to eat and drink from; and it was fun to watch the peacocks stroll up to the windows and roam around the gardens. If you picked ahead of time when you wanted to go into Venice and return, a man on staff would drive you to the commuter train station and pick you up whenever you wanted to come back. The train ride was about half an hour through interesting countryside; and the commute to the station was only about ten minutes maximum. The price was very reasonable for the room, and for the train ride (which was 7 Euros for a return trip). The room was large and nicely decorated. My only difficulty was that the bed was very hard and had no box springs, which made it hard to fall asleep or get comfortable on it -- sort of like a hard futon to sleep on, with no "give". There were only a couple of thin blankets on it, so I was cold at times during the night. (I wished they'd had extra blankets in the room, but there were none.) Otherwise, I was totally satisfied with everything else. The restaurant on the property had good quality food and service; and the building is really interesting and nice. The pizza shop 5 minutes down the road had great pizza and prices too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Fabulous place to stay if you don't want the hustle and bustle of downtown Venice. We found our room to be very clean with a modern bathroom and equipped with everything we needed. Francesca and Barbara at reception were always pleasant, polite and helpful. Breakfast was ample and varied and there is a restaurant on site for dinner - great spaghetti carbonara! We did have some trouble connecting with wi-fi - staff helped and sorted everything out. Ask for staff to come to your room to organise the English TV channels - they are available. Outdoor patio is a nice touch and the peacocks roaming the grounds are entertaining - would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Antony Palace Hotel
Antony Palace Hotel
#1 of 2 in Marcon
Villa Patriarca Hotel

Been to Park Hotel Junior? Share your experiences!