“We couldn't ask for anything more! This place is the best kept secret!”
Review of Park Hotel Junior

Park Hotel Junior
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Quarto D'Altino
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I don't even know where to begin. We were coming to the Venice region with a large group and couldn't imagine dealing with the logistics of trying to get everything and everyone situated onto the island with boats, shuttles, etc. So we decided to stay outside of venice proper and came across the Park Hotel Jr. From the first interaction with Barbara via email to book the reservation, we knew we were in good hands and would be well taken care of. Reserving the rooms was simple. All questions were answered quickly, thoroughly and professionally, and she helped us every step of the way. They picked us at the airport with all of our luggage and delivered us quickly to the hotel. Organized tours, wine tastings, rental cars, shuttled us to and from the nearby train station, you name it - they did. In all my years of travel i have never seen better service. All of the staff was polite and helpful. The hotel was very clean and luxurious. Rooms were bright and spacious. And when we arrived onsite, we had no idea how amazing and unique the property was going to be. The pictures really don't say enough about the beauty of the hotel or the setting. It is like a little piece of heaven on earth, a park like setting with ample acreage and outdoor spaces to relax. There are even peacocks roaming the property. I could go on, but you have probably stopped reading! If you made it this far, let me say one thing more. Stay here! You won't be disappointed! Thank you Barbara and Family for making the start of our long vacation amazing. We will be back when we are in the area!

Room Tip: We booked a few rooms on the second floor and they were great. We didn't see the ground floor r...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jessica m

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at Park Hotel Junior from 7th - 9th June with my boyfriend and we didn't want to leave. There hospitatly was outstanding.
I read many reviews about this hotel before I left and knew I had made the right choice! I also went on their website and got a contact email address and number. So a few weeks before I emailed to pre-book a taxi from the airport to Park Hotel, this was arranged at a reduced price of 35 euros (Taxi's from the airport normally charge around 50). When we arrived around 12am (before check-in time) we was welcomed and shown to out room straight away - happy days!
Our room was modern and overlooked some of the gardens and a drive way (this was all fine). The room had a TV (although only 1 or 2 English/American news channels), modern and clean bathroom, huge bed and a lovely walldrobe that had spotlights that came on as you opened the doors (very fancy). Our room was cleaned once while we was there, which we didn't expect as we was only there 2 nights and was hardly in our room.
I didn't realise, when I booked it, that all rooms come with a breakfast so we was very happy that we wasn't charged for this at the end of our stay. To be honest even if we were, we would of got our moneys worth. The breakfast had a range of cereals, homemade breads, bacon, egg, fruit, yogurt - everything you could want!
However the best thing about this hotel was the staff, you cannot fault them! They are all friendly and try there best to help you whatever the problem is.
We went to Venice for all 3 days we were there and the return train tickets were 7 euros per person + 2 euros per person for the taxi service to and from the station, so overall 18 euros for me and my boyfriend to get from Park Hotel to Venice & back (which we thought was fantastic!) Even though St Marcs Square is about a 40 minute walk from the station, it is defiantly worth it! We would normally spend a few hours walking there as there is so much more to see, all the beautiful buildings & museums (although we couldn't go in as we was both wearing shorts - tbh it was way to hot to wear anything but shorts and a vest, so we just looked through the doors and went on our way)
We came home for the afternoon one day and spent a few hours by the pool, although it is not built in (its a free standing pool, like the ones you get from Costco) it was clean and cooling as it was 36 degrees in Venice. Also it is quiet out the way so not a lot of people are around, its very quiet and relaxing!
Overall it was an amazing weekend, in an amazing hotel, with amazing staff and surroundings! - If we were to visit Venice again, we would defianlty stay at the Park Hotel Junior!!

Room Tip: With the location of the hotel, I would think all the rooms are quiet peaceful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has everything. The people were so very friendly and the hotel is just beautiful. The room was perfect. We are normally very critical. But we both said this hotel deserves a 10. And to top it off we forgot our passports in the save and they were more than helpfull and send them for free to Holland. We recommand you stay here when you go to Venice. Just lovely!! Tom Stephanie and Bo

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a lovely stay at Park Hotel Junior. We had a luxury room as it was our honeymoon, and the bed was huge! Room was also very smart, clean and spacious and it was nice having a large balcony overlooking the park. The breakfast was good, with a decent choice of food available, from fresh fruit salad to cooked breakfast, cereals, cakes and pastries, all very good quality.

Was a bit disappointed that we had to pay 2euros each every day for the shuttle service to the train station, as I swear when I booked it said it was free. But the location was good, 5 mins ride to the train station, then 20 mins into the heart of Venice. There were peacocks roaming around the grounds and it was nice to be somewhere peaceful away from the hustle and bustle of Venice.

The shower was huge with one of those big rainwater heads, but the pressure was so low that it took forever to rinse any soap out of my hair. At peak times the pressure got worse and I couldn't even switch to the smaller shower head as the pressure was far too low to even transfer to the smaller shower. The hotel wasn't even that busy so I'm not sure why this problem was even happening. Hopefully the staff will see this and can sort it out so that nobody else has to put up with it - it was annoying.

The only other slightly disappointing thing was that I had notified the hotel that we were staying for our honeymoon, and it would have been nice to be upgraded or have a nice surprise waiting for us in the room, but sadly not. I did ask if they would upgrade us, but I was told only if we paid another 150euros per night. But all in all, I would stay here again as the room was very smart and spacious. Oh...just don't eat in their restaurant down the road...that's a different story!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

An odd place - feels like it's stuck in time. Food was okay and it was clean enough - just something strange that I was unable to put my finger on. Pictures of Paris on the wall of a hotel near Venice? Seats with 'do not sit here' signs. As I said - weird!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ScottW0792
JUNIORMANAGER, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Park Hotel Junior, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear ScottW079

thank you for your review.
We would like to inform you that the pictures from Paris are a souvenir for us.
We had appreciated them and for us it is a pleasure to exhibit.
The ancient chair that we have in the common area is an old antique chair and for this we pray our guests to don't sit. We remember that all the staff of the front desk is available to answer to all questions during your stay.
We thank you to have been choosen our hotel and we hope to have you like our guests in the future hoping in a 5 stars positive review!!!
Best Regards

Francesca Sari

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife, her sister, and I stayed here for our trip to Venice. While not directly in Venice, it was not difficult to get there and they shuttle you to the train for a short ride in. The hotel was excellent! The people were friendly, the hotel grounds were beautiful, and the breakfast in the mornings were much better than average. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. A great value!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Modern hotel with many amenities in pretty quiet park setting with very good restaurant on the premises. Convenient to railroad station for connection to Venice and to other places in Italy. Easy airport taxi service available.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Relais Monaco Country Hotel & Spa
Venezia 2000 Hotel & Residence
Venezia 2000 Hotel & Residence
#5 of 33 in Lido di Venezia

Been to Park Hotel Junior? Share your experiences!