I usually rate a hotel from the time of booking to the time of check out. This hotel has been a very good experience on almost all counts except one - the food (will talk about it later)
I booked this hotel for four nights for our honeymoon getaway in Venice. I stumbled upon the hotel on the priority club rewards site (rewards program for intercontinental group). Initially I wasnt comfortable booking the hotel as it was little far from the Venice island but I guess the clinching point was its location, it is right behind Quarto D'Altino train station which connects you to St Lucia (Main Station to get to the Venice Island) and Mestre in under 20 mins. Another deciding factor was the free airport shuttle (when you factor the cost savings on the cab or the public transport itself, this hotel can be a deal clincher) which was very convenient
We intimated the hotel about our flight timings and we were picked up at the Marco Polo Airport (there was a wait time of about 15-20 mins, which was ok given the fact that the shuttle was in transit taking other passengers from the airport) by the airport shuttle. Check – In was breeze and we took a superior room.
Room: Very spacious and well laid out (especially by any standard), with essential amenities like coffee maker, iron etc. The bed was really comfortable and big (king size), the only drawback was the view but I guess it had more to do with the surroundings. The best part was the washroom which was very huge with a bath tub, shower and huge wash basin. Housekeeping was good and prompt.
Food: We didn’t opt for the breakfast because we didn’t find the spread wide and tempting. Instead we used to start our day with a simple coffee and chocolate éclairs (Which we daily picked from Venice – from the bakery shop near the bridge at the vaporetti pier around St Lucia station) and ate at some of the roadside restaurants at the Venice island. We did have a pizza delivered to our room (they charge 2 euros more for room service) which was Ok compared to the overall quality of pizza in other places in Venice which is superb. We also had one dinner meal which consisted of spaghetti with cheese but it wasn’t good at all (we get better spaghetti here in India)
Staff: staff was very courteous and helpful right from directions to helping you out with requests. Pedro in particular was very helpful especially when we were leaving the hotel in arranging the shuttle.
The surroundings are very peaceful and quiet, in fact quite a change from the crowds one sees at the island. We didn’t venture out much in the nearby areas as most of the time we were at the island. It is mostly a safe area (we even came back late one day way past midnight around 1 AM) but one should take precaution while venturing out as the surroundings are mostly deserted and at times one may not get transportation easily.
Train Station: the train station is just behind the hotel and the hotel has round trip tickets (5.8 Euro per person per trip) to St Lucia at the reception which can be validated at the train station.
Overall a very pleasant and a nice experience. Would definitely stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino hotel, with its comfortable and fashionable rooms, is ideally located at just 20 minutes by train from the magic of Venice and provides easy access via A4 motorway to Venice Marco Polo airport (12km) and Treviso (17km). All 152 rooms offer high speed internet access and interactive TVs. In addition to our spacious Executive rooms, the hotel offers Family and Accessible rooms. You can unwind in our smart Minigym and relax in our L'Invito restaurant and bar where authentic cuisine blends perfectly with innovative and creative dishes. The Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto d'Altino is equipped with state-of-the-art conference technology and service, making it the ideal choice for business meetings, conferences and seminars (6 meeting rooms, all with natural daylight from 10 to 250 people).Wi-fi service provided throughout the hotel. Ample free car parking and garage provided on site. The CP Venice East-Quarto d'Altino has been consecutively awarded Best Hotel 2005 and Torchbearer 2006 amongst 600 IHG hotels in the EMEA region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d`Altino Hotel Quarto d`Altino
- Crowne Plaza Quarto d Altino
- Holiday Inn Venice East
- Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto D'Altino Province Of Venice, Italy