I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on the way back from a skiing vacation primarily to have a short visit to Venice. The hotel has a convenient location outside of Venice right near the Quarto D Altino train station. From there there are trains to St.Lucia station in Venice almopt every 30 minutes and it takes 25 minutes to get to Venice. The tickets can be bought at the hotel and are a couple of Euros for a return ticket. This way you can leave your car at the hotel parking for free and have a fast access to Venice. Unfortunately there was a rain storm that caught us in Venice so we ended up going back to the hotel soaking wet, and had to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was good but rather expensive ( 180 Euros for 4 people for a rather regular meal) as is everything in Venice. The rooms were ok and had all the comfort of a 4 star hotel.There was also a water heater and coffee for free. I had a slight problem when checking out though. Upon the receipt of may bill I realized that I was charged a much higher rate than originally confirmed through the website reservation system. Upon complaining and showing proof of reservation, they cancelled the bill and charged me again, this time the proper rate. I do not know if this was intentional but I surely did not like it one bit. They also really did not offer any appology for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino hotel, with its comfortable and fashionable rooms, is ideally located at just 20 minutes by train from the magic of Venice and provides easy access via A4 motorway to Venice Marco Polo airport (12km) and Treviso (17km). All 152 rooms offer high speed internet access and interactive TVs. In addition to our spacious Executive rooms, the hotel offers Family and Accessible rooms. You can unwind in our smart Minigym and relax in our L'Invito restaurant and bar where authentic cuisine blends perfectly with innovative and creative dishes. The Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto d'Altino is equipped with state-of-the-art conference technology and service, making it the ideal choice for business meetings, conferences and seminars (6 meeting rooms, all with natural daylight from 10 to 250 people).Wi-fi service provided throughout the hotel. Ample free car parking and garage provided on site. The CP Venice East-Quarto d'Altino has been consecutively awarded Best Hotel 2005 and Torchbearer 2006 amongst 600 IHG hotels in the EMEA region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d`Altino Hotel Quarto d`Altino
- Crowne Plaza Quarto d Altino
- Holiday Inn Venice East
- Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto D'Altino Province Of Venice, Italy