“Close to the train station and cheaper than Venice”

Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Quarto D'Altino
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed two nights before our cruise. We had booked a family room (triple). What we got I didn't think was what we reserved. It was a queen (US) size bed and a pull out couch sleeper. I assumed we were getting two queen beds (real beds). The train station is next door and although we could hear it throughout the evening it wasn't awful. The breakfast was super busy in the morning but once we got in, we had plenty to eat and the coffee was supreme! We had lunch the first day we arrived as we waited for our room and it was average. I would recommend the pizza place about a block up from the hotel called "STOP Pizza", two full pizza's for 16euro with a cokes (enough for 3-4 people). The hotel isn't new, it had it's share of wear and tear but overall a 2-3 star review. The train ride is about 30 min and you can buy tickets at the counter. Getting there from Treviso wasn't easy (taxi is 50 euro) but we did the bus to Mestre then the train to the hotel (a bit over an hour journey).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were on Vacation in Italy, we booked in CP Quarto D'altino because it is part of Intercontinental Hotels Group and because it is near the train Station that takes you to Venice.

1- Location: For people who are planning to visit Venice and do not want to stay in illogically expensive and crowded hotels, I strongly recommend this hotel:
- as it is one minute walk from the train station that takes you to Venice.
- the neighborhood is very calm and clean
- the rooms are clean and spacious
- they offer a free parking
- not far from the airport

2- Staff: the Front Office (Reception) personnel are nice to a certain extent, but one of them (a male receptionist) was very rude with us.

3- Food: Worst Pizza you can ever eat ( the sauce was not rice and the CANNED mushrooms were extremely cold), when I asked the waitress to change it she said that they offer the pizzas like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They took 10 Euros for the covers ??? which i consider stealing

Overall, I really recommend the rooms :) but not the food

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarcZd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Mzeineddine,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here from one night in transit to join our cruise ship. It is ideally located for travelling in and out of Venice by train with a station right next door. The hotel offers all that you would expect from Crowne Plaza as well. Considering returning in the future for a more in depth visit to this wonderful area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel rooms as are well equipped, clean and everything you need for a very comfortable stay. The price is excellent, just stay away from the bar, ridiculously expensive!

The train station is directly behind the hotel and runs every thirty minutes, with the exception of a coupe, of hour slots during the day. The return trips the same, running to 10.30, which works fine. Pay attention to the timetable as a little planning is necessary.

A reasonable priced solution to see Venice if you can't afford to stay there. Ideally pay the extra and enjoy your trip without the community in and out!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Clean hotel right next to a small train stop that bring you right into Venice. Unfortunately the train workers were on strike and the front desk was very helpful. We had some auto troubles while we were there and the front desk called some local mechanics to help negotiate a fair price. The rooms were clean and the buffet breakfast was very tasty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PartTimeTravler84
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having read some of the less than encouraging reviews of the hotel, admittedly most written some years ago so things may have been different then, I have to say that I am astonished by the negativity expressed by some people.
I have just returned from the Crowne Plaza and feel that I should address some of the criticisms; I won't grace the inane remark about the decor in the restaurant with any comment, however.
The hotel is most conveniently placed for visiting Venice, well done to the management for their restrained but pointed publication of the railway timetable; I am, however, surprised that any sentient guest would be unable to find out transport arrangements for themselves. Well, given the whining tenor of some comments and the apparent neediness of many erstwhile guests, I'm not really.
Staff were most helpful and our excellent room serviced daily. Whilst my family and I didn't dine in the evening and so cannot comment( note this dear ladies from America who only imagined the horrors of the subway while we experienced none at all during our week stay), we found the breakfast well presented and wholesome. Of course, being on the Continent we expected a 'Continental' breakfast not one to feed a continent.
Now, I'll freely admit that I'm not constantly needing to be on the internet, however, I could always access Wi-fi when I needed to, as couldn't wife, so no problems there either.
Finally, our transfer to and from the hotel was effected timeously and efficiently so overall we enjoyed our stay and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have just come back from staying here for a week, booked with the specific intention to visit Venice every day. We were aware that it was outside Venice itself but were happy to travel in everyday.

The location of the hotel is excellent: close to the railway station (one or two minutes away) and only a twenty minute rail journey into Venice itself. The tickets cost us €17.90 a day for a family of four. The trains were frequent, reliable and very convenient. As for the station not feeling safe, that was not the case for us. It was always well lit and there were always enough people around from the hotel for it to feel well populated, even when we came back very late at night.

Our family room was very spacious: a very large bed for myself and my husband and two proper singles for the children. The room was clean and felt fairly newly refurbished with all facilities working well. The separate shower and bath was a nice touch and we made use of the safe too. There was no noise from the station. The room was efficiently cleaned every day and complimentary toilets etc always replaced. The temperature in the room could be adjusted and the wifi worked like a charm the whole time we were there - we had nothing to complain about!

We couldn't get the free shuttle on our arrival as our plane landed too late but the hotel booked us a taxi. We did use it for our return: free, comfortable and convenient.

The breakfasts were good and met the needs of our whole family: it as 'just' a hotel continental buffet but that is more than adequate! We had rolls and cheese / ham; fresh fruit; yoghurt and various delicious pastries. I didn't try the hot food as it's not normally my thing but I imagine the only issue is that it is kept warm, as it would be in any other hotel. It was perfect for me.

All dealings with hotel staff were professional and friendly.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8 mi away
Novotel Venezia Mestre
Novotel Venezia Mestre
#159 of 387 in Venice

Been to Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino? Share your experiences!