This is a newish hotel quite away outside Venice. However, there is a train/railroad station next door with a few trains a day into Santa Lucia Station in Venice which takes about 25 minutes. There are big gaps in the schedule during the middle part of the day and if you just miss a train, you could end up waiting quite sometime for the next one. So, make sure you plan ahead and get to the station with plenty of time. Tickets are sold at the hotel front desk, so no need to worry about buying tickets at the station.
The hotel offers a complementary pick up from the airport when you book through their website. The driver was there when I arrived late at night. It’s about a 15 to 20 minutes drive, but I was some what alarmed at the driver, who constantly had a cell/mobile phone pressed to his ear, so no tip when I arrived at the hotel.
The hotel is modern contemporary, I booked a room with a king bed, but when we got to the room, it was really just two twin beds pushed together and it was obvious that the room was actually set up as a room with two separate beds as that was the way the headboards were set up. This was confirmed on leaving the following day, when walking down the hallway, the doors were all open to the other rooms and they all had two separate beds. The only problem with two beds pushed together, is the gap in-between the two mattresses.
It was only a one night stay and we didn’t eat in the restaurant or drink in the bar, but on the whole it was OK. The best thing was the price compared to staying in Venice itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino hotel, with its comfortable and fashionable rooms, is ideally located at just 20 minutes by train from the magic of Venice and provides easy access via A4 motorway to Venice Marco Polo airport (12km) and Treviso (17km). All 152 rooms offer high speed internet access and interactive TVs. In addition to our spacious Executive rooms, the hotel offers Family and Accessible rooms. You can unwind in our smart Minigym and relax in our L'Invito restaurant and bar where authentic cuisine blends perfectly with innovative and creative dishes. The Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto d'Altino is equipped with state-of-the-art conference technology and service, making it the ideal choice for business meetings, conferences and seminars (6 meeting rooms, all with natural daylight from 10 to 250 people).Wi-fi service provided throughout the hotel. Ample free car parking and garage provided on site. The CP Venice East-Quarto d'Altino has been consecutively awarded Best Hotel 2005 and Torchbearer 2006 amongst 600 IHG hotels in the EMEA region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d`Altino Hotel Quarto d`Altino
- Crowne Plaza Quarto d Altino
- Holiday Inn Venice East
- Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto D'Altino Province Of Venice, Italy