“Nice and quiet, but in the middle of no where.”

Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Soestduinen
Reviewed 29 August 2011

A typical "Parc Hotel". Only 2 stories but very big with long corridors. Don't expect "normal" Hilton standards here. They try an profile themselves as a retreat and spa, but the only thing they have going for them is a Golf Course. 45 min drive from Amsterdam Airport (at legal speed)

Rooms are very big and quiet. All rooms have a balcony, some with view over parts of the Golf Course. Service was nice and friendly, nothing over the top. Plenty of free parking. Internet costs € 13.00 / 24h which I find expensive. Speed wasn't that great either.

The nereby town of Soest offers a wide assortment of nice little shops and Restaurants.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard (most quiet)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 747FAN

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night during a rainy weekend in August, so didn't really get to enjoy the forestry environment in which the hotel is set, and which was the main reason for our visit in the first place. But that aside, the hotel largely met our expectations. The room and bathroom were spacious and the beds were comfy. As happens more often with the Hilton brand, the hotel interior is slightly dated. It's not old in a bad way, nothing is damaged and everything is functional, but you sense it from the style of furniture, the type of doors, the color of the paint, wallpaper and carpet used, the white tiles in the bathroom, the lighting, the old-fashioned aircon, etc. We had a room facing the car park, which was fine for me as there was barely any noise nuisance, but I can imagine that a view of a golf course would be better and is probably worth paying a small amount extra. The balcony looks nice at first sight, but you quickly discover it's not a pleasant place to stay as all the balconies are connected with only a small screen in between, so privacy is limited to non-existant.

The hotel restaurant is rather up-market and only caters for people who want to enjoy the full 3-course dinner. If all you want is a small bite then room service is your only option, as there are no eateries or restaurants in the area either. We had a veggie burger and a caesar salad: the burger was great, the salad was just fine. The waiter who delivered the food to our room by the way did not speak Dutch. The same was true for a housemaid who came to our room to set up a baby bed, and as I saw that a previous reviewer on this website also commented on this, I assume it's no coincidence, and the hotel systematically hires staff that does not speak Dutch. I guess most Dutch and Flemish guests will manage, but I still find it odd.

During my stay I had an issue with the front desk and management that might be of limited relevance for other guests, but let me briefly mention it in any case. We were travelling with a baby, and unfortunately this particular evening he was very restless. In order to avoid that both my partner and myself would have a restless night too, I called down late in the evening (11 p.m.) to reception to see if they had a spare room. They did indeed, but the price I would have to pay for it was higher than what I had paid for my original room! I thought that was excessive and argued with the front desk. This led to a price equal to what I had paid for the first room, which I still thought was too high considering that my rate had included breakfast for two, and considering that at 11 p.m. there would be no guests arriving anymore to take up the free room. It's not a big deal, but it struck me as a lack of customer orientation and improvisation skills, which might also be relevant for other customers who face a problem that requires some flexibility by the hotel.

Room Tip: Best to pay a little bit extra for a room with a gold course view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Frankalbrecht, Front Office Manager at Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Thank you for reveiwing the Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to advise you that it is not needed to eat a full 3-course menu in the restaurant. The menu can be split donw in individual items to cater for all needs. It is also possible to have a selected menu in the Oranje Bar or during good weather on the terrace. I have forwarded your feedback to our Food & Beverage Manager so we can inform guests better about this in the future. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

We wanted to treat ourselves to a little luxury and so booked this hotel. It certainly fits the bill, as it's in a secluded wooded area with its own golf course. It's clearly very popular as it was full both nights we were there.

We had a King Plus room which was very spacious. Aircon was there but not required due to the rain. There were large full-height windows with a door out to a balcony with two basket-weave chairs and a small table. We had a view of the car-park, unfortunately, but it is possible to pay more to overlook the golf course.

We got fluffy bathrobes and slippers, and a bathroom with bath and a separate shower. The toilet was a separate room and a little on the small side. There were facilities for making tea and coffee as well as two free bottles of water each day. There was also a mini-bar, but you would have to be either very rich or had too much to drink to use this; €8 for a tube of Pringles!

Because the hotel was full breakfast was very busy but there was plenty to eat and lots of variety, including bacon, eggs, sausages in addition to the usual continental fare.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. One small downside was that the wi-fi facility is rather pricey; €13 for 24 hours with a limit on the download speed and max of 2GB of data. An unlimited service was available but this was more expensive.

In all, a hotel we would be happy to return to (with better weather, we hope) and can recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the reveiw your wrote for the Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen and the feedback your provided for us and other guests. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you again in the near future, indeed hopefully with some better weather so you can explore the surroundings of the hotel even more.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Nice rooms with balcony or terras.
Good breakfast with views on the golf course from the restaurant.
The Bar is not very cosy. Looks like they hah forgotten to make a bar and then decided to make one in the cellar.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Frankalbrecht, Front Office Manager at Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen and for sharing your feedback. At the moment we are reviewing how can improve the looks of our bar in the soutterain so we can create a more cosy feel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast with views over the golf course.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

We arrived pretty late, ordered a pizza through room service which was not up to standard, but staff replaced it by a decent one very swiftly. Breakfast was great as expected from a Hilton and the bed sleeps perfectly. Room was large, tidy and staff very friendly and helpful,just what you expect from a fours stsr hotel. We will return!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Afcajax2000
Frankalbrecht, Front Office Manager at Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay. We will look into our room service procedures in order to improve our service standards.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

The Hilton Royal Parc was superb and could not be faulted except the cost of internet connection at €8 an hour or €13 a day. In this day and age wireless internet should be free everywhere especially if you have your own computer. All the staff – restaurant, reception and housekeeping were friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and airy and all have balconies with table and chairs. There was a huge comfortable double bed with ample pillows, table and 2 arm chairs, desk with office chair, phone and lamp, 2 bedside tables, phone and clock radio and ample wardrobe and drawer space. There was a safe, luggage rack, trouser press, hair dryer, tea and coffee making, ice bucket and mini bar/fridge. A good selection of tea and coffee is left every day along with 2 complimentary bottles of mineral water. The bathroom is well stocked with toiletries and has 2 basins, bath and walk in shower plus the use of bathrobes and free pair of slippers. The toilet is in a separate compartment and the room equipped with good efficient air conditioning/heating. The TV had Dutch and English TV including BBC1 and pay TV is available. The Breakfast Buffet is EXCELLENT with hot and cold buffet, a vast selection of everything including local fresh breads and pastries all served in a light airy restaurant overlooking the golf course and lakes. The hotel is in a lovely wooded situation with resident rabbits and the local town of Soest has the necessary cash machines and supermarkets. Nearby Amersfoort Zoo (Dierinparc) is worth a visit as is the Dolphinarum at Harderwijk - a short drive up the motorway. The local road and motorway network is excellent for accessing Amsterdam, Keukenhof and the Hook of Holland.

Room Tip: No need - all rooms have balconies!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rottidog

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen. I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

We booked the room through a system we call "bongo bon" in Belgium. In short: you can choose the hotel and pay with a voucher.

First problem was: 2 single beds instead of one king or queensized bed...bummer if you travel as a couple. When we informed to "why the 2 single beds instead of one king or queen" we were told that it wasn"t available in that pricerange. Maybe because we booked with a voucher? It was a deluxe-room....so we had to book a suite to get a king or queensized bed.....rather strange if you ask me.

Second problem: the restaurant. The food was HORRIBLE. I asked if the wine was included, this wasn't the case. Not so much of a problem but we only got one glass of each wine....poor service! Also we were served in English....which is not so much of a problem for me but it's strange to be served in English while in The Netherlands. We payed 125 EUR for dinner btw.

Third problem: Cleaninglady entered our room 2 times while we were still in it!! Once when we were both in the bathroom and the second time when we were sleeping. Why she didn't bother to knock and announce herself is beyond me. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

We also booked a massage at the Spa. The massage was heavenly and given in a professional way. No comlaints there. The spa itself tho, is rather small and was a bit of a disapointment to me. Also, on our second day some youngsters were running around screaming and playing soccer(!) in the steamroom.

I don't plan on returning to this hotel and find the "Hilton" very misleading. I stayed in other Hiltonhotels and it was heaven on earth everytime.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. In July we will change the room setup so more room types with King beds will become available. Your comment regarding Housekeeping has been discussed to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Soestduinen
Van der Valk Hotel De Bilt- Utrecht
#1 of 1 in Den Dolder
3 mi away
Best Western Plus Berghotel Amersfoort
Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Amersfoort

Been to Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen? Share your experiences!