“Get what you pay for!”

The George and Dragon Swanscombe
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanscombe
The George and Dragon Swanscombe
Ranked #1 of 1 Swanscombe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I booked a room here as a stay for work purposes and that's exactly what i got.
Situated on a busy main road and above a real ale pub that isn't much to look at due to the re-cladding works going on, however the noise and appearance weren't really a nuisance. My main concerns were the intermittent wifi, the weimerana dog casually wandering around barking at us, the shower heads could of done with a clean, the towels weren't changed daily and limited parking (enough for maybe 2/3 vehicles at best)

Also, I was led to believe that Weds evenings is "Fish special day" and at £9.99p and the promise of it being fresh from market i was expecting a real treat! However the mere fact that i was a resident didn't phase the staff who made me wait over a full hour before i received my meal and when it arrived the term "fresh" i could believe as it was undercooked?? I expected it to be burnt with how long it took to bring out!!!

Having said this i suppose you get what you pay for. :/

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stewart c

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was an overnight stay for work. The venue is a pub with accommodation, if you like real ales this is an excellent stopover!! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the pub had a very good atmosphere about it. The accommodation was very clean, beds comfortable the only thing that you get is a bit of road noise due to the location being on a main road, the double glazing masks a lot of it. There is a car park around the back of the pub where the cars get locked in at night which is an added security especially when there is valuable equipment in there. I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay with a good nights sleep, unfortunately the chef was on holiday so I didn't manage to taste the home cooked food, maybe next time. I would definitely stay again as I was made to feel very welcome, if you like a proper pub venue this is one place to visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Alan J

Been to The George and Dragon Swanscombe? Share your experiences!