“Simply the Best Curry in Hampshire”

The Three Horseshoes
Four Marks, United Kingdom
“Simply the Best Curry in Hampshire”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Three of us went out for a girly meal out Monday week ago. Two of us had the Chicken Korma and even though the portions were large, we finished everything on the plate. We agreed that it really was the best indian we've had as long we can remember. Yes, even better than from a Carry House! Having complimented the very friendly landlady on their food, she did say that the chef makes his own carry paste from scratch. My other friend had salmon and prawn tangliatelle which was also delicious.
The Three Horseshoes currently don't have a specific Carry Night however keep one or two carry dishes on their menu at all times due to its popularity.
Go and visit darlings! You will have a delicious meal and lovely time in a very friendly village pub.

Room Tip: We didn't stay the night, just had an evening meal.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Went here with my family for Sunday lunch, the food was excellent. One of the nicest roast dinners I've had in a long time (and absolutely huge!) had a yummy creme brûlée for dessert too. Such a nice cosy pub with a warm friendly atmosphere. Liked it so much we've booked to go back for Mother's Day.

Stayed March 2014
Camberley
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped for just a night with our motorhome, 2 children and Millie the labrador. We were all made very welcome (Millie especially !!). Loved the home cooked food, very friendly staff and some super wine. Perfect for a quick getaway. Highly recommended !

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely evening with my friend tonight. We don't get to see each other often and have a good chat and gossip...Really nice tasty food Cosy fire and very helpful smiley owners and staff. So nice to see the pub busy and the car park full. Hope you continue to go from strength to strength. Can't wait to come back soon

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here overnight, travelling down to head office to be ready for the next morning. Fortunately, all the corporate hotels we're supposed to stay in were full, so I could choose somewhere a bit more picturesque and welcoming, which brought me to the Three Horseshoes.

I paid about half for my room what I would pay usually, and the facilities reflected that, but did represent excellent value for money - I've had worse rooms in a travelodge for sure!

However, in a travelodge or corporate hotel, you never receive a welcome so friendly and welcoming as I did here - I was made to feel really welcome and at home, and could tell that, if I had encountered any problems, they would have been sorted out quickly and with pleasure.

I also ate in the pub, excellent food, great service and a fun atmosphere as well, helped no doubt by their being a covers band playing who really livened things up.

I liked the continental breakfast being already provided in the room for the next morning, and I particularly liked the proper jug of proper milk in the fridge - a really nice touch!

I'd stay here again with pleasure if circumstances allow in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was staying in Alton, and wanted to eat in a nice country pub, who cooked their own food. The Three Horseshoes immediately grabbed my attention for having home cooked food and a good range of dishes, including pub classics and more sophisticated dishes. There was plenty of parking, and was made to feel welcome the second I walked through the door. The land lord and lady were on hand in the bar, giving the pub a nice personal touch. I was given a choice of tables, and settled for a comfortable corner table near the lit fire in the inglenook. The menu was fantastic, and I chose the Duck which was mouth-wateringly good. I felt so comfortable and at home that I sat reading my book between courses. The puddings were also wonderful and I had the apple crumble and custard. Even the custard was home made! My whole experience was so good that I came back the next night to enjoy it all over again, and was made to feel like an old friend. After my meal of Roasted Mediterranean Risotto and Stawberries and meringues I spent a good deal of time chatting to the staff and chef.
A really great pub to do Britain proud. I will be coming back when next in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Slightly unusually we've been travelling round the country in a converted double decker bus, and one of our early stops was the South Downs. After some research we found this lovely little pub on a recommendation that they are open to occasional camper vans parking up for the night.

After we called ahead to Jill and John we arrived to this beautiful little pub, with an incredible pub garden, lovely surroundings, even better food, and best still and incredibly kind reception from the owners.

Wether on foot for a pint, in a car passing through or as a base for exploring the downs I'd recommend this place to anyone and I'm sure we'll be back one day! Hopefully in summer this time!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
#6 of 16 in Alton
White Hart
White Hart
#1 of 1 in Holybourne

Been to The Three Horseshoes? Share your experiences!