“Esta bueno!”

Venta Esteban
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We ate at Venta Estaban twice in a week and we were happy to go back as it is very good. There is a nice atmosphere with plenty of outdoor seating but the place doesn't start filling up til maybe 10 or 11 pm as you'd expect. Venta Estaban is in an out-of-town location but it suited us as it was very close to where we stayed at Casa Vina de Alcantara. Dishes were very well prepared and presented. We particularly enjoyed the seafood stuffed peppers and the prawns 'from the bay'. Roast leg of lamb was delicious and very tender. Prices were very reasonable with the bill for each meal coming to around €60 or less for 2 including drinks. Service was good and prompt and there are always plenty of staff on hand.

1  Thank Devski05

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went golfing with brother and stayed at Montecastillo. We went to Venta Esteban a couple of times for dinner and once for lunch.
Why? We enjoyed every time!
Excellent service, all waiters are top professionals and the management is on the ball, taking care of clients.
Local flavor, magnificent food well prepared and reasonable prices.
If you are in the area enjoy it. I am in Madrid right now and I wish I could take a quick ride down to Jerez for lunch at Venta Esteban.
Gentlemen at V. Esteban,keep it this way!. I'll be back

Reviewed 9 June 2013

So we were staying down the road at Montecastillio Hotel & Golf Course, it was a Friday and we'd had an early tee time so my wife booked a table for 8 o'clock...

Nice place, very attentive (especialy as we were the only people there) looking around at the table reservations most of them were for 10 o'clock or later.

So we ate alone (not the end of the world, but it affects your view of the "atmosphere"), some others drifted in around 9, but the booking time was our choice (but lesson learned)

Food was very good, and the portion size was large, to be honest I was stuffed after the starter (but a man's got to do...)

Will definitely go back when I next stay at Montecastillio (but perhaps a little later in the evening)

2  Thank BigDraw
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a great restaurant on the outskirts of Jerez on the Arcos de la Frontera side. I have had lunches and evening meals there and thoroughly enjoyed the experience every time. Good parking facilities. Interesting and well stocked bar. I generally book but have never had to wait long on the times I didn't, could be I was lucky as this is a very popular place with the local population.
The food is second to none and the service is always courteous, helpful and friendly. Alongside the food they have a well stocked wine cellar with an abundance of very good local, national and international wines.
All in all a terrific experience I look forward to whenever I am in Jerez.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We liked this restaurant very much. We stopped there on the way from Arcos de la Frontera. It is a bit on the outskirts of Jerez with a large parking lot. There are lots of locals eating at this place. They have a nice terrace, unfortunatelly next to a car wash but that did not bother us much. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced for very large meals.