This is our 3rd trip to Monticastillo and this time we went with two fellow golfing friends. 7 days of holiday with 4 rounds of golf - and 3 days sightseeing which was just right.
The hotel is better than ever after its recent refurbishment. Rooms are clean and modern; the food is of a very good quality and the golf course is a great test of all levels.
Compulsory buggies before 11, but you can walk after then.
The staff were very friendly - even when confronted with the off noisy group of 8 or so UK golfers that you always seem to get when the sun comes out - but was an exception and did not detract from the hotel.
If you are a golfer I would recommend you stay here - and eat the buffet a few nights and out at local restaurants other nights. Good value.
IF NOT A GOLFER then I suggest you will be better suited to staying in the hotels in the centre of Jerez.
As someone else said, it's a long course to walk (mainly between a couple of Tee Boxes) in 30 degrees heat in Spring\ summer so plan accordingly.
We probably will return again and our friends certainly will.
When on holiday also try to get to the Andalucia Horse School and the Tip Pepe sherry tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Montecastillo Golf***** hotel is a real icon in the area ofJerez, Cadiz, thanks to the high standard of its facilities and the elegant design and simplicity that characterise it. The hotel is perfect for golf lovers giving its guests unlimited use of the course without the cost of green fees. It is also the ideal location if you are looking to relax in an exceptional setting, thanks to its complete Health and Wellness Centre. The hotel offers everything you could wish for: heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, treatment booths, tennis and paddle courts, jogging tracks, free Wi-Fi, etc. The Barcelo Montecastillo Golf hotel has a total of 208 rooms, all fully equipped and boasting exquisite decoration. In addition there are a group of villas, ideal for families and groups of friends that want to discover Jerez, with its equestrian shows and its famous bodegas. And if you are looking to enjoy an exclusive venue for your events and conventions: remember! Our resort is part of the Barcelo Jerez Montecastillo& Convention Center **** hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Barcelo Montecastillo Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Montecastillo Hotel Jerez De La Frontera
- Barcelo Jerez De La Frontera