We visited as four golfers with non playing partners. The rooms were excellent and as mentioned elsewhere suggest booking a room overlooking the golf course. The golf course is very good and with handicaps ranging from 13 to 26 we all enjoyed ourselves. Although we were not troubled we did wonder about the organisation, no sign of Marshall's or a starter.
Our partners comments on the spa were unanimous in being pricey for what you received, facials, manicures etc. Also for non golfers you need to plan ahead as there is not much to do at the hotel.
Jerez is a 15 euro taxi ride away so we ate at the hotel both nights opting for the buffet which at 25 euros a head including wine turned out to be excellent in both quality and value.
Staff were very good and friendly.
The only reason I have not rated excellent is because We did not agree that this is a five star hotel. On arrival we had to seek out help with luggage, drinks in the bar did not come with the customary nuts, olives etc.
Nevertheless, we had a great time, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and with three rounds of golf this really was a bargain. We all agreed we would make this a regular trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Montecastillo Golf***** hotel is a real icon in the area ofJerez, Cadiz, thanks to the high standard of its facilities and the elegant design and simplicity that characterise it. The hotel is perfect for golf lovers giving its guests unlimited use of the course without the cost of green fees. It is also the ideal location if you are looking to relax in an exceptional setting, thanks to its complete Health and Wellness Centre. The hotel offers everything you could wish for: heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, treatment booths, tennis and paddle courts, jogging tracks, free Wi-Fi, etc. The Barcelo Montecastillo Golf hotel has a total of 208 rooms, all fully equipped and boasting exquisite decoration. In addition there are a group of villas, ideal for families and groups of friends that want to discover Jerez, with its equestrian shows and its famous bodegas. And if you are looking to enjoy an exclusive venue for your events and conventions: remember! Our resort is part of the Barcelo Jerez Montecastillo& Convention Center **** hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Barcelo Montecastillo Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Montecastillo Hotel Jerez De La Frontera
- Barcelo Jerez De La Frontera