“popped in for tapa”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

dropped in to sample rather than sit down. very tasty tapa, squid with rice. great copa de tinto. will pop in for mains later

1  Thank Richard T

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We ended up in this place quite randomly, without reading any reviews on Tripadvisor prior to our visit. I'm surprised to see that it ranks the second in Jerez, as overall it was quite average.
The portions were quite massive (especially tapas), but the fish we had eaten there (boquerons and palometas) were nothing special. I have eaten much more tastier boquerons than served here.
Price\quality ratio is ok and service was ok as well (nothing outstanding though). Overall, for me it was the place which I have tried once and will forget about the visit the following day. I believe there should be better restaurants in Jerez.

3  Thank Julia A
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I live in Jerez and there are only a few restaurants I go to on a regular basis. This is one of them. The first time I had monk fish (menu incorrect they have the word snuff??) but I had 4 tail pieces which were very well cooked and presented. Followed by Bonoffee pie which was small but very nice. of course a bottle of White wine Montecorto (Alvaro Domecq). I was surprised and impressed when the owner came out to ask if I had enjoyed my meal.. Unknown in Jerez!

Yesterday afternoon I tried the tapas. This was just as good. This restaurant is fresh clean and gaining a good reputation. There is also a large room upstairs for about 45 people. Would recommend this place.

2  Thank Yorkslasstraveller
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Located in a small street opposite a fish shop this place is seafood heaven. We ate outside and enjoyed the freshest seafood (baby clams, clams, langostinos etc). For the main course we had sea bass, monkfish and steak - all perfect. I found this the best of all the restaurants we visited and will definitely return whenever next in Jerez. At lunchtime the smell of fish is strong from the shop and may offend some people but this is closed in the evening. It is a little difficult to find at first hidden away off the square under an arch. If you enjoy this type of Spanish food where the quality of the ingredients speak for themselves, you won't go wrong here.

2  Thank accipitor
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stumbled across this little bar on our first visit to Jerez during the flamenco festival and loved it from the first moment. It has a modern feel to it, and only tiny inside, with the most delicious contemporary tapas dishes and fish raciones .... and the most welcoming, friendly staff.
We went quite a few times during our first trip to Jerez, and by the end of our weekend the staff welcomed us like friends - remembering what our drinks order without us needing to ask, and then offering us free drinks on our last evening.
We can highly recommend the heavenly 'roast beef' tapas and the melt-in-the-mouth solomillo!!! Beautiful food!
We have just returned again a month later for Semana Santa, and couldn't wait to go back. And, like old friends, we were once again warmly welcomed. In a busy city with lots of visitors, it says a lot when the staff remember you. And once again the delightful owner gave us free drinks and tapa at the end of our visit.
I need to stress though that I am not writing this glowing review because of freebies - that is merely a bonus. The reason is because of the scrumptious tapas and excellent hospitality!
Be sure to try this place when visiting Jerez.

3  Thank Jovizz