“An absolute must dining experience if you are in Jerez..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bar Bocarambo

Bar Bocarambo
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southlake, Texas
“An absolute must dining experience if you are in Jerez..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I frequently use trip advisor but this is the first review I have felt compelled to write. While I am American, my mother is from Jerez so I have grown up with Spanish food all my life. I have had some of the best so suffice it to say I have discerning taste. Thus it is with quite a bit of experience that I say Bacarambo is among the best meals I have had...period. From the paella, cooked Valencian style, with the ever so succulent rice that perfectly absorbed every bit of the amazing sauce, to the fire grilled pork tenderloin, to the amazing spinach croquettes, to the fresh sorbet made from strawberry's, lemon, and a little locally grown sugar - it was an incredibly memorable meal. And the service was absolutely impeccable - with the owner/chef spending time genuinely with each customer making everyone feel like family. Superb food...superb service...and superb downtown location. You want a uniquely Spanish culinary experience? Then this is the place....seriously....no joke.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Gene W

Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
“Like being invited into someone's home for a family meal...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant that does lovely local food, with quality produce. The owner explained each dish and the history of region and his family in a really great way, his passion just shines through. We had chicken livers in sherry vinegar, pigs cheeks in olorosso sauce, stuffed mushrooms with Iberian ham and prawns in garlic & chilli. Afterwards when we paid our bill the owner gave us a bottle of Bocarambo Sherry Vinegar which was a nice touch. The restaurant has a very homely rustic feel to it and just adds to the setting. Thanks for a great night.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Did we go to the right bar Bocarambo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Jerez is a pretty town simply awash in interesting places to eat. it was with real anticipation that we threaded our way through the sunny streets to visit bar Bocarambo.
What we found was was a very average tapas bar with friendly attentive service. Difficult to match our experience with some of the rave reviews.
As suggested we went to the ' back terrace' and found ourselves sitting in a little courtyard outside the kharzie on kiddies tables and chairs! Not impressed, there are better places to eat in Jerez, go explore.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank hungrynthirsty
Mexico
“Refreshing for the palate and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

After a few weeks in the Iberian Penninsula Bocarambo was refreshing, we had a lovely Tuna steak in Jerez sauce that was really good and a Tomato salad (we asked them not to put garlic on) that was simple but delicious.

Probably the best thing about this place was the service. The owner was cooking and afterwards came out to talk with us and ask us how everything was. In Bocarambo we were amazed at how nice, friendly and dedicated both the owner and the waiter behaved. This was not something that happened elsewhere in Spain.

I will return to this place whenever I go back to Jerez.

• Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Great good and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am amazed, that a small and basic bar as this is the #1 restaurant on Tripadvisor of a city like Jerez, which undoubtedly has every level of restaurant experience to offer, from very basic to high end. I put it down to two reasons. First, the food, while basic, classic spanish fare is very tasty indeed. A showcase of what you can do with good and fresh ingredients. Second, the owner chats with all his guests and creates a personal experience for them.

Very good (rather than excellent) as half the dishes I liked to order where unfortunately unavailable, which has deprived me of delicacies such as pork cheeks and squid among others.

• Visited June 2014