“Poor Experience”
Review of Itaca Hotel Jerez

Itaca Hotel Jerez
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The hotel is astonishing from the outside, but trouble begins once you enter.

First, I asked where can I park my car. After paying an expensive deposit for a remore underground parking (the hotel doesn't have its own), I realized it was Sunday! so I can park in the sreet for free! When I asked the receptionist about this, I was told: "Oh yes, right, I forgot to tell you whis was an option...".

I asked for a quiet room - well, at was quiet during the day, but at night, I found out that it was right beneath the main air-conditioning system. Obviously, no sleep that night. When I called the front desk during the night to complain, I was told that it will be resolved shortly. Nothing was done.

Breakfast at the hotel, though, was quite good.

But all the rest? I recommend you leave your money some place else.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank primitivepios
Eva D, Dpto. Calidad Itaca Hoteles at Itaca Hotel Jerez, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear guest:

Thanks for your time to write your comments.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel purely on the basis that there was a deal on, offering a significant reduction over the new year period. After staying at a dive in Cadiz, this felt heavenly. The artwork in the reception area is amazing, our room was crisp and clean and the dinning room where breakfast is served is a beautiful converted chapel. I couldn't find fault with the place.

The hotel is central enough, and offers free wi-fi, parking is an issue though but you should be able to find something a few blocks away.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Hotel Itaca Jerez and for sharing with other travellers your kind opinión about our facilities and services and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We booked a room for just the 2 of us for 2 nights. We had heard that the hotel was so good. Well it is close to the old town of Jerez and the entry of the hotel is great. Parking is difficult and costs a lot extra.
Coming into the room we first thought; wow what a nice room. But than we saw the bathroom. Well the bathroom misses 1 wall. So you have to shut curtains if you go to the toilet or if you want to take a shower. The doors are from glass and are not complete, there rests a lot of open space above the door, so noises and smells from the toilet come into your bedroom. To be honest not quite romantic.
The employees are not all of the same level, at the front-desk you normally find people that speak more than just Spanish. Well not at Itaca, when I left this morning the receptionist spoke fluent Spanish and didn't understand any English.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kudukie

Dear guest

we'd like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and for spending some of your time in writing your comment.

Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Beautiful building, very clean. Nice food, great location. Didn't like the divide in between the beds and we're convinced it was haunted. Jerez is an amazing place and this well worth a try!

We initially went in for a coffee and I fell in love with the inside, so my partner booked us in for the night. I am in love with Jerez!

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Excellent hotel smack bang in the center, room was excellent standard, staff friendly and very helpful when needed a hand locating and printing boarding pass !!

Very memorable experience thank you and see you again in March !!

Alan

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan P

Reviewed 16 December 2012

We stayed only one night at Itaca Hotel, as we were en route to Barcelona from Sevilla (via Jerez airport). It was exactly what we were looking for - clean, upscale, great location and friendly. The hotel staff greeted us warmly and helped us with train times when we asked. They spoke English well, and, although we are used to communicating our needs in basic Spanish, it was a welcome sound :)

The hotel itself was very clean. We actually booked a twin room to save money but found the HUGE twin beds pushed together to form a larger-than-king-size bed. Comfy & warm.

My one complaint is that we were unable to control the heat in our room. It was not too hot or too cold - the temp was perfect - but I need to sleep with a fan at night to drown out other guest noises. As there was no fan, I heard our neighbor coughing incessantly all night long. Can't really blame this on the hotel, though - I didn't ask reception if there was a way to control the room fan, so, my fault on that!

If you go to Jerez, this is a great spot for your stay.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and had a beautiful view of orange trees and the street below!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Eva D, Dpto. Calidad Itaca hoteles at Itaca Hotel Jerez, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Reviewed 22 November 2012

My camera was stolen at the front desk. There were only two possibilities of who took it: the staff or a couple who were behind me waiting to ask a question. From the time I walked away from the reception to the time I came back after realizing I had left my camera on the counter was about 7 minutes.It was slow. There was only myself, a woman in front of me, and the couple in back of me. The woman they remembered. The couple they claimed not to remember. Are you kidding me? It was 7 minutes ago.""Yo no se". Yo no se, is all the two desk boys kept saying to me. I'm such an idiot. I only realized after I got back to Seville that I should have asked to see the security camera footage. Why didnt they offer is what I want to know? Why did the manager never contact me to even acknowledge it happened? $250 gone in a flash. The one male working there then, and for the next few days, could not have been more incompetent and rude. I have never experienced a stay where the staff took so lightly theft in their hotel. It ruined my stay. It was just me and my camera, after all. If the manager responds here, that will be adding insult to injury as he did nothing about it while I was there. The actions are the true tell. Not some empty words that are too little, too late.

As another lovely aside, a garbage strike had been going on for many days, a huge pile of which made up the view from my ground floor window. They conveniently never bothered to mention that when I had my current hotel in Seville call to inquire about the hotel and its specific room availability.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo