See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed one night In May 2018, 2 couples in 2 double ropms. We were walking the first leg of The Northern Comino route , starting the next morning.
The hotel were helpful in identifying the start point on the bridge about 20 minutes from the hotel, they can also stamp your Comino passport.
Rooms were good, breakfast what we expected. They recommended an enjoyable restaurant for us to eat very near the hotel the night before.

Room Tip: The quieter room will be on the back, but even the front rooms I imagine will be OK
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

This is a 3 star hotel. Judged by that standard, I thought I was great and enjoyed my brief stay.

It is certainly dated, but I prefer it that way. Parking was fine, check in friendly and efficient. I was on my own with two dogs, and the receptionist looked after them whilst I collected bags from the car.

The room was on the 3rd floor, not ideal with dogs but as they had been in the car all day and enjoyed charging up the stairs.

The room was ok, small twin beds. I slept like a log, but had been driving since 4 AM.

The breakfast was from 7 and was fine.

Altogether I had a good experience here. If you want modern digs, or a 5 star experience go elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in February when the weather was exceptionally cold, the room and hotel were kept comfortably warm. The staff are all really friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was excellent. Location in the town centre was a bonus with the ample free parking. Would definitely return.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

The alcazar is a very friendly helpful clean characterful home from home hotel.
Well situated close to the centre it was ideal for our needs as pilgrims at the start of our camino norte.
Of particular note both receptionists were really helpful ... other hotels ought to note that the receptionist is really important to the guest who has questions to ask etc

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2017

It's a bit dated, in an Alpine style, with lots of wood. Nice and near the town centre and the buffet breakfast was very good indeed.
The room was quiet and staff were very helpful and friendly.
Parking outside and easy to find.
I'd go again.