Stayed here for 2 nights whilst on business. Dont confuse this with the airport hotel, this one at Langen is a 15min (free) shuttle bus ride away from FRA.
Its a strange sort of place, staff were nice enough tho, friendly, effecient & all spoke good English.
Its in the middle of nowhere tho. In a business/light industrial park off a motorway & near a rail line (ie you get noise with windows open). So you are kind of isolated from going out for a wander or looking for a bar or restaurant.
The view from my room was anything but pleasing, overlooking at the rear, an industrial compund and bland low-rise concrete buidlings.
The decor of the hotels main areas is rather old fashioned, lots of dark mahogany woods.
Food quality is average overall i would say (portions good tho) but breakfast was rather better.
My room was rather pleasent, clean, big comfy firm bed. Bathroom WC all clean and funcitonal. (English) TV channels is limited to BBC world & CNN tho.
The hotel has a rather nice roof terrace & sauna area, tho the fitness suite is nothing more than a couple of running machines and cross trainers shoved in the corner of an open area in th vicinity.
My main and only real gripe about this place is the WiFi policy. 30min is free (hey, big deal!).
then the 24hr rate is charged at an extortionate and eye watering €14 per day! that has to be the most expensive wifi ive paid for anywhere ever, and is nothing more than robbery, shear profiteering and so unnecessary. This issue alone would make me think twice before chosing to stay here again when im on business in the vicinity, and because of the WiFi issue, i've downgraded my review from Very Good, to Average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderfully relaxed, marvellously comfortable. The Steigenberger Hotel Frankfurt-Langen -exceptional, distinctive and designed in the Anglo-American style of the thirties to fifties. Guests will also feel this aura of the good old days in the 205 welcoming rooms: a ceiling fan provides a nostalgic touch whilst the large desks are perfect for relaxed working. WiFi, mini bar and LCD television, meanwhile, provide modern comfort. Perfection to the finest detail. You're all set for work, and nothing should stop the flow of your creativity. So what better than to be in a place in which everything is geared to success? Naturally lit and equipped with the latest conference technology, ISDN connection and WiFi, our six air-conditioned function rooms offer all you need, as well as a great atmosphere for meetings, seminars and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen Hotel Langen
- Steigenberger Frankfurt Hotel Langen