“I don't understand the bad reviews - I loved this place”

Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Langen
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“I don't understand the bad reviews - I loved this place”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I was on a business trip and arrived here to really friendly staff. Firstly I got a free upgrade to a business room as the hotel was not very busy. My room was amazing. It had a walk-in closet the size of an entire bathroom, a gorgeous corner dark wood area with lovely basin, huge bed, nice furniture and a great size, mini bar, everything you would expect from a 4 star. All staff were amazing - really friendly and smiley, without exception. It is true that the internet was not so strong and you have to get a new code every 24 hours but it worked and it is a huge hotel. Frankly it was not any different to other big hotels I have been to. The shuttle takes 15 minutes and departs every 30 minutes on the hour. The evening buffet was also lovely and well priced. It was also quiet there. Yes, it is in the middle of an industrial area but if you know this beforehand you can accommodate. If you need to be in the Langen area or relatively close to the airport this is fine. The reception area is nicely styled and as it is near an airbase it is plane themed. I loved this hotel an would absolutely recommend it and go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
SteigenbergerLangen, Front Office Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen, responded to this review, 9 December 2014
Dear guest,

we would like to thank you for your kind words about your stay in our house.

It is a pleasure for us that you were particularly pleased with our staff and our food in the restaurant. It is very important to us to provide all our guests a high service quality.

Nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our well-appointed rooms. We are happy that you liked our rooms.

But we are even more happy that you will come back at any time. We are looking forward to your visit.

Best wishes to London
Steigenberger Hotel Frankfurt-Langen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Steingenberger Langen, unlike other hotels in the vicinity of Frankfurt airport, does not post their shuttle timetable at the bus stop at Frankfurt's terminal 1. I tried several times to call the hotel from the airport to request a pick up or find out when the next shuttle would be departing but nobody ever answered. Finally, after half an hour or so I gave up and took a taxi (€32).

I had stayed at the Steingenberger before a number of years ago and remembered the hotel as average. Nothing has changed. My room was clean and functional and OK for one-night stay. Nothing fancy or classy. It was quite hot, there was no air-co, so I slept with the windows widely open (fully opening windows - not a common feature in hotel these days).

When I checked in I was offered a 25% discount on breakfast if I prepaid it. Breakfast for €12.75 sounded like a good deal, so I took it. The breakfast, however, was pretty average - nothing to complain about and nothing to look forward to.

The hotel offers a free WiFi and like it often happens with free WiFis, the connection was so slow that was useless. I upgraded my WiFi service for €8 at the front desk and all the joys of the Internet were again mine.

The Steingenberger Frankfurt-Langen is an average-quality hotel. Despite some shortcomings I still believe that it is an OK choice if one wants to stay a night or two in the area.

Note: the hotel is neither close to Frankfurt city nor to the airport and should not be mistaken with the Steingenberger Frankfurt-Airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PrincePolo
Dear PricePolo,

thank you for giving a review about your stay in our house.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience regarding the shuttle service. We have forwarded this incident to the external company and to our front desk staff to clarify this situation. This is definitely not the service we want to offer our guests. You should be able to contact us at any time from the telephone box at the airport.
We are really sorry that you made such an experience.

You are right. Our standard rooms are not equipped with an air condition. Perhaps we can welcome you at your next stay in one of our Business- or Superiorrooms. These categories have an air condition in the room and some more amenities.

Usually our breakfast buffet is very popular with our guests. Due to the large selection of food and drinks. We are pleased that you have booked the breakfast during our summer promotion

Nevertheless, we would be happy to welcome you again.

Binyamina, Israel
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The reason I'm writing this review in details, is because by many airlines, the Steigenberger Hotel Frankfurt-Langen is considered to be located next to the Frankfurt Airport , while actually the hotel is located in the south of Frankfurt, 18 KM from the airport! It is located in a business area.
I stayed in this hotel one night,due to the cancellation of my scheduled flight . I got from Lufthansa an Hotel voucher accompanied by Hotel Shuttles Service.
The room I got had no Air Conditioner. I asked for a room with AC and had to pay for it an extra €10 .
The room was nice and clean. The stuff were kind and helpful .
My next flight was scheduled for the following early morning at 06:30 AM .The Shuttle service from the hotel to the airport starts to operate only at 06:00. I had no choice but to use a Taxi service in order to be at the gate on time. It cost me another €30
My tip: if you have to stay in Frankfurt overnight in-between flights, find a closer hotel to the Airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Talila1
SteigenbergerLangen, Front Office Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen, responded to this review, 8 December 2014
Dear Talila1,

thank you very much for giving a review about your stay.

It is a pleasur to hear that you were satisfied with our staff.

Our hotel is 15 until 20 minutes far away from the airport with our shuttle service. The airlines mostly book Standard rooms for there guests. Our standard rooms are not equipped with an air condition. And our shuttle only runs from 6a.m. We are very sorry for these inconvenience but the airlines have all these informations. But we will check these informations with the airlines again. Thank you for your notes.

But we hope that you have enjoyed your stay with us anyway.

We wish you all the best.

Purmerend, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you need to be in the area good hotel to stay. Restaurant and bar OK. Not all rooms have airco which is really a must since in particular in the summer the rooms are too warm. In general the Hotel shows may signs of deterioration and is in need of a serious refurbishment.
During our last stay there was no hot water for the shower in the morning.
As often in may hotels, and unlike the paid Wifi, the free Wifi is poor.

Room Tip: Ask for an Airco room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Wim A,

thank you for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor.

We are very happy that you stayed in our hotel during your trip to Frankfurt.
Our standard rooms are not equipped with an air condition. Perhabs we can welcome you at your next stay in one of our Business- or Superiorrooms. These categories have an air condition in the room.

We are very sorry that you were unhappy with the internet. We have forwarded the problem with the free Wifi to our IT-department. They will be looking for a solution very soon. We also would like to apologize for the problems with the hot water. We have informed our maintenance manager. Thank you for your notes. This will help us to make improvements.

We really hope to welcome you again very soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were sent there by Lufthansa when we missed out connection. Rooms are outdated, no AC, not so appealing bathrooms, bad smell in the corridor. Though I must say staff were pleasant and accommodative. Had to check out as I thought I could bare the stay, though I couldn't. If you are on limited budget this is where you stay. In addition it's in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SteigenbergerLangen, Front Office Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Zmardam,

thank you for describing your impressions regarding your stay in Langen.

We are sorry to hear that your stopover in Langen was not so enjoyable. I would like to apologize to you for this inconvenience. But it is nice to hear that you remembered our friendly staff .

We hope you had a good further travel the day after.

Best regards
Steigenberger Hotel Frankfurt-Langen

Travellers are raving about these Langen hotels

Larvik, Norway
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Ok sleepover due to missed connecting flight. Quiet place, with a 15 min trainride to down town Frankfurt. The hotel provides a good front desk staff who helps out in any way they can. The room was a bit stuffed and the carpet was stained. Could use a renovation soon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Torgrim S,

thank you for your review and your comment on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure for us that you were satisfied with our staff during your stay.
We are sorry for the inconveniences in your room concerning the carpet. The housekeeping-staff will make an effort to resolve this as soon as possible.

Your note regarding a renovation we have taken note of.

With best regards to Norway
Delran, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice hotel but make sure you ask for a room with air conditioning if you are here in the summer. Not all rooms have A/C and it is stuffy and warm without it. If you get a room with A/C, they dont have a safe in them so you have to pick! Bed is firm but comfortable. Don't expect toiletries in the room like in other areas. There is a sqeeze bottle mounted in the shower and next to the sink with liquid soap, thats it. Towels are sparse and no wash clothe unless you ask for one. Restaurant is good for dinner or breakfast. Desk staff friendly. Bottled water very expensive, pick some up elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for business room,they have A/C.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
SteigenbergerLangen, Front Office Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Stephie0214,

thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We offer our guests an air condition room in the Business- and Superior categories.
A room equipped with a safe is available on request.
All our rooms are appointed with a bath towl, hand towl and a wash cloth. We are very sorry that the wash cloth was missing in your room.
I will again pass this to our housekeeping staff to pay more attention on this.

We are happy that you enjoyed the dinner and the breakfast in our restaurant.
It is nice to hear that you were satisfied with our staff.

We hope to welcome you again in future.

Best regards
Steigenberge Hotel Frankfurt-Langen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langen
ACHAT Comfort Airport-Frankfurt
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#26 of 269 in Frankfurt
NH Frankfurt Moerfelden Conference Center
NH Frankfurt Moerfelden Conferen...
#1 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Kempinski Hotel Frankfurt Gravenbruch
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Airport
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Ai...
#2 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport

Been to Steigenberger Frankfurt-Langen? Share your experiences!