“Best ever”

Lindos Blu
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I decided to visit Rhodes for the first time in several years. Checking Trip Advisor we decided to visit the two top hotels for a week each. I wrote a glowing report of the other hotel which had the best food I had eaten in a five-star hotel. The second week we visited Lindosblu. It blew us away. The Trip Advisor comments are located the extreme friendliness of the staff. They were right. Far and away the friendliest staff I have seen. And extremely competent. The food was by far the best we had ever eaten. I think I gained 5 kg in chocolate alone. In visiting other resort hotels I am happy if there is one breakfast and dinner sweet that I really like. Here every dessert and sweet is beyond compare. 10 or 15 choices each better than the other. I have it on good authority that the pastry chefs are on loan from Zeus on Mount Olympus where they prepare his winter ration of ambrosia. They merely come to Lindosblu in the summer to sharpen their skills so that the gods will have even tastier fare in the winter months.
It seems that the friendliness of the staff rubs off on the guests because I have seen far more interaction and friendliness among the guests here and anyplace I have been.
This is the best hotel I have experienced--better than the 6 star hotel in Dubai.

Room Tip: Any room has great sea view
3  Thank Bob O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

What a truly wonderful hotel. My wife and I have just spent a truly wonderful week at the Lindos Blu and are already planning our return next year. Yes, the reviews on Trip Advisor are nearly all superb but you always wonder to yourself whether or not it can really be this good? Oh yes, it is and some!. We had a lovely standard double room with a fabulous view of the bay which the wonderful Katerina upgraded on my birthday to a sublime Villa for the remaining 3 days of our holiday. This was a lovely gesture from a truly wonderful person, a real professional.
The food throughout was exceptional, the service magnificent. Although all the staff are terrific, I would as well also like to mention the excellent Carolena, the Maître D on the restaurant who had the most wonderful smile and personality, always gave you a lovely welcome. We read a review about how difficult it is to tip everyone. It is actually refreshing to know that you can if you wish leave with the reception an amount, which we did, that will be handed out to all the staff. Such a good idea.
I can not recommend this hotel highly enough, the best that I have ever stayed in. It really is a long time till next year!!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The ultimate in service, facilities, location and chill factor. We spent 2 weeks from 1st to 14th Sep 2013 and didn't want to leave.
The staff are so helpful, the views from the hotel & in nearby Lindos town, are breathtaking and to top it all the weather was fantastic with all day sunshine.
The quality feel resonates throughout the hotel, though a bit gimmicky with the on terrace apartment pools. The food & restaurants are first class, the spa is heaven, with Marrissa being very thorough in finding those aches & pains, which you will soon forget when Sabbas & Nashtia look after you in the cocktail bar.
Nearby, on the beach are two excellent, but Greek restaurants, if you fancy a change, Rotunda (Azzurro bar) & Glycha Nera.
We would certainly go back!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views. I wouldn't bother with the private pool.
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Ok it's Andy n Dee, we stayed at Lindos Blu for 14 nights and thoroughly enjoyed Lindos, the hotel is in excellent immaculate condition and the staff are 6* really great attentive and nice,
The Double room is standard and definitely not 5*, nice touch of the Jacuzzi bath and screen but all standard hotels in Greece have the same layout, the floor in 311 needed re-varnishing as it looked tired as did the table top, fridge too small and no freezer.
Just a call on 1 to Michael and dada ice cubes so that was sorted.....
Anastasia and the girls at Breakfast and Dan the Egg man are great. However there are some issues that I believe degrade the hotel, firstly the room balcony and sun issue well you get none...... ever.......ever, next the pools and loungers, none have great sun all day all are too tight next to each other, if you are an early riser you maybe lucky but you are all tight, we were above the dip pool and only TBH 4 beds out of 12 had any decent sun, and none after 5pm.

Room Showers have the most slippy floors (I really believe someone will get seriously injured on the shower in my room 311, no risk assessments have been done when wearing Amber Solaire) the lifts were fine, all bar's FAR too expensive, mini bar an absolute fortune everything in bar is 4x more expensive than normal bars in Lindos, Beach is not exclusive anyone just pulls up, plenty of E/Euros on the beach, everything was just too expensive, I cannot get the thought of a wash and iron of a shirt at £7 when all I wanted was an iron, my clothes were clean, just wanted a quick iron out of suitcase, there is no iron or trouser press and you are not ALLOWED one, you can buy an iron at the local supermarket for 22 euro but we didn't, simple make an ironing room at 5 euro a pop not rocket science.

Room service was ace Michael you are a star.
WiFi great
Food good but pricey
Very much like a London Doctors surgery clinical and clean.
Towel ladies at 17.30hrs was a nice touch, and very polite.
Sauna and indoor pool Gym etc all great but used little, steam room is brilliant and clears your nose.

Lobster night 75 euro are you joking....... each.... we sneaked a peak and I buy lobster at £25 each served in UK and I pick which one we have.

Breakfast was great although occasional queue for fresh eggs, and queue jumpers.....Herr ....?
My main whinge would be I had to go to next door Lindos Mare for any form of entertainment other than a fella on a piano, and it is a hike (although there is a short cut), I know it said relaxing quite etc but the odd night might be nice.
And the TV, Well 12 euro 50 for "Meet the Fockers" or "Kung Fu Panda"is simply robbery, they would be better having a DVD library at 5 euro and TV channels are simply not 5* 2 English channels both BBC News (8 German channels) and Doctors!!! unacceptable TBH, This needs redress immediately.
It is NOT a walk to Lindos Town and if you do it is a life threatening thing so 20 euro both ways Taxi.
No kids great, very much couples, would say older couples, I was young at 50. (Barry)
It is a hike uphill from beach to hotel I actually drove down, lazy but it worked, supermarket on beach, if the hotel switched on they could sell water etc cheaper and not loose custom here totally mental as a business I know I would be looking at competition and matching prices especially as it is a 5 minute walk water 50 cents in supermarket 3.50 in hotel!!!!!.
Aircon is old and rubbish and I was not too impressed, Island Blu was definitely better.
We used the Lindos Mare pool and bar, so could have saved £1200 as we saw a room and it compared to ours so I was not too happy.
On site shop not very good.
We met some nice dudes, Barry n Margaret both sweeties and Nick n Sue proper geezers :) and our stalkers sorry I cant remember your names xx, spent a fortune and enjoyed a 2 week break but would NOT go back to Lindos Blu we will use Island Blu where we have stayed before and found as good if not better for far less ££££.

Staff are superb and are definitely what makes Lindos Blu Katrina & George well done.

2  Thank AndynDavina
Reviewed 21 September 2013

From the moment we arrived we received outstanding customer service from every member of staff we met. As we entered we were met with views overlooking the sea, lovely welcome and a glass of sparkling wine to help us unwind. We were escorted to our room with a welcome bottle of sparkling wine on ice and a super bowl of mixed fruit. The hotel is really clean and this is from someone who is fanatical about cleanliness, food is superb - we hadn't realised that half board would be a served meal as a well as a sumptuous buffet - in hindsight we should have booked half board. In reality we usually enjoy going to different restaurants but the food here was so good we ate every night in the hotel except for one venture into Lindos. Usually we can select a member of staff that really goes the extra mile but at this hotel they were all equally outstanding. Room was well appointed - modern and well furnished - we had a junior suite which gave us the room we needed and had super sea views. Mind you I think all rooms overlook the sea. Good access to the hotel beach by way of a series of lifts - excellent sun beds and parasols and waiter service throughout the day. We really could not fault any aspect of our two week stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: I would expect that they are all good - we had a Junior suite which gave us a good seating area - al...
1  Thank CandJDunnington
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Everything about the service provided by Katriana and her team and all of the members of staff encountered was so very right. It is so easy in such fabulous surroundings to provide a good show of customer care but the test comes when challenging circumstances arise. A broken air conditioning unit meant that our booked suite was unavailable and so we were provided with a complimentary dinner in our temporary room which was very welcome. We were moved into our stunning swim to room suite next morning with no fuss during breakfast.Divine room which was just as well as my husband was poorly needing a doctor and prescription medicine needed during the night . Katriana was so very helpful and supportive ,arranging a doctor's visit and dispatching staff to collect medicines for us in the middle of the night from goodness knows where! We are so very thankful for the continued care we received during our stay and want to acknowledge the very high levels of staff training and management involved in producing this outcome. It was a joy to watch motivated skillful and engaged staff serving customers in the restaurants, bars and beach in addition to all of the other reception and public areas of this superb hotel. The attention to detail observed was phenomenal and praise to each and everyone for the levels of hard work and dedication in providing us all with a memorable holiday experience. Finally thank you for the high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in our room and throughout the whole hotel which are an example for excellent housekeeping. We look forward to a return visit to remind us of how hotel hospitality can really excel.

Room Tip: Both standard and junior suite with shared pool sampled which were both excellent. Some rooms had su...
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I arrived on 12th September to celebrate our new joint retirement. My wife had spent an exhilarating week on Symi, painting, and had moved 3 or 4 times during her earlier stay, so when we heard there was a "technical problem" with our booked suite, and that we would have to stay the first night in another room, it was bad news. We were both tired and my wife was adamant that she really didn't want to move again, even though the suite we had booked was a much larger room befitting our celebratory mood. It was a bad and upsetting start.

Katerina on the front desk couldn't have been more apologetic. "I will try to make this up to you'.

And she did.

We moved into the Junior suite we had booked, on the second day and everything after that was perfect. The staff are, as stated many times before in these columns, faultless, right across the board. From the waiting staff to the cleaners (thank you Elida), there is a sense of service and fun which I don't think I've ever encountered before. The food in the main restaurant was wonderful, and the massages we were offered as a complimentary gesture because of the initial problem were terrific. There were other gestures which impressed us.

I cannot commend this hotel too highly, and if, by some accident, you find you have something less than what was offered in the initial arrangement for which you paid, don't worry. The staff in this hotel are quite insistent that your holiday will not be ruined. They will move heaven and earth to make you feel like you want to return. Actually, I suspect mistakes are as rare as hen's teeth.

And we will most assuredly want to return. I commend the management and staff of this enterprise. They are simply outstanding.

Room Tip: The only niggle is that because the rooms overlook the bay (all have stunning views) the rooms with...
1  Thank martinjcallaghan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
0 mi away
Atrium Platinum Hotel
Atrium Platinum Hotel
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Lindos Village Resort & Spa

Been to Lindos Blu? Share your experiences!