“Amazing!!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
kent
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Wow what can I say my mum and myself have just got back from staying here for a week. We were treated like royalty. All staff were helpful and very friendly. The hotel was spotless.
We were half board so had to pay for our cocktails but they were not to pricey. The food was just out of this world and the waiting staff were just incredible. The management should be very proud of the team as breakfast/lunch/dinner ran so smoothly. (The male waiters are easy on the eye too)
We did have to take 3 lifts down to the ground floor then go across to the sister hotel to go down to the beach but that didn't take long. The beach itself was a slight let down so each morning we walked the bay then went to relax by the main pool.
I can not fault this hotel and will defiantly be going back in the future. If you want peace this is the place to be. Thanks Lindos blu for an amazing holiday!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank KentCrazy
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear “KentCrazy”,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us on this website following your recent stay.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your holidays and that our team was able to display their professionalism and helpfulness during your stay. It was very pleasing that the food selections in our restaurants have met your expectations.

We endeavor to ensure that all our guests experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible, Thank you for choosing Lindos Blu and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Thanasis Tougounzoglou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We have recently returned from an amazing week staying in the luxurious Lindos Blu. You honestly cannot fault this fabulous hotel. From the moment you arrive you are met by the highest possible customer service, nothing is too much trouble and this continues throughout. The hotel is of a very modern design with beautiful touches throughout. The decor is of a high standard and is kept immaculately clean.
We went for a room with a shared pool and the view itself is worth the extra money! We stayed half board and the food is of an extremely high standard. I'm vegetarian and had a huge choice and was offered several other options too.
A nice touch was you were left a little daily gift in your room!
We cannot speak highly enough of this stunning hotel and would highly recommend to anyone, we can't wait to return!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Flysaz
Dear “Flysaz”,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on this website, following you recent stay.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and our service have met your expectation.

We continually aim to deliver high standards of Greek hospitality to delight our guests and I am very pleased that you experienced this from our team.

Thank you for selecting Lindos Blu hotel for your stay in Rhodes. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 14 June 2014

If you are thinking about booking this hotel, do it! I promise you won't regret it!

I did alot of research before booking this hotel for my honeymoon and read most of the reviews and saw all the pictures here on tripadvisor. Still I was totally blown away when we got there!
I really don't have much to add to the other reviews, accept to say it's all true!

I strongly rekommend the halfboard. Even though the dinner included is amazing, I also rekommend going to the weekly lobster night at the hotels other restuarant. We were worried would regret spending that extra money, but it turned out to be the best night of the whole stay.

I chose Lindos blu because of the view, the beautiful surroundings, the rooms and the SPA, but it's the staff that will make us come back next year. I read the other reviews about how amazing they were, but it didnt really matter to me. I've never expected much from hotel staff accept for them to be polite and helpful, but this was truly amazing. Every single one in the staff were so kind and service minded. I don't know if they are being brainwashing, given drugs or if it's the salaries to make them this extraordinary, but whatever it is I hope whey will keep on doing it.

I never thought I would be one of those people who goes on vaccation to the same place every year, but Lindos blu really ruined me for other hotels. I will count the days until next time...

3 Thank Emelie L
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear “Emelie L”,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your recent holiday at Lindos Blu.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of details during your stay, such as the view, special cocktails and the food selections in our restaurant. Thank you for highlighting to other readers that you enjoyed your dinner in our Smeraldo restaurant and other facilities of the hotel such as the Spa and the comfortable guest rooms.

Your description of your time with us was such a pleasure to read, and it genuinely fills me with pride to read about the memorable experience our team was able to create for you. I am so pleased to read that our team gave you so many fond memories with their commitment to sincere personalised service. I will personally pass on your thanks to all of them for their contribution to your stay.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Lindos Blu in the near future to celebrate together your anniversary.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Have just had our fifth stay at Lindos Blu and will likely go again next year; in fact, we saw so many repeat customers from previous years - that really says it all, so ours is not the only thought of this hotel. The hotel is well situated with lovely views of the bay, well set out and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The food is always excellent and varied in the restaurant, and lobster night in Theo's Five Senses is a must. The main attribute of the hotel, in my opinion, is the hotel management and staff - always attentive, nothing is too much trouble, excellent service and you can laugh with them. This is a hotel that, within just arriving, we are already relaxed. I commend this hotel in all respects and look forward to next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank David H
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear “David H”,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website and also for your continued patronage and support over the years. This is greatly valued and very much appreciated.

On behalf of the entire team here, thank you so much for your fervent review. It was an absolute pleasure to host you and we cannot express in words our gratitude for such wonderful comments regarding our service. Your review inspires us to continue in our mission of treating each guest with the utmost genuine service throughout all departments. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team.

Thank you very much for always selecting Lindos Blu for your holidays. We greatly appreciate your support of the hotel and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Gan Ner, Israel
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just returned from a week's holiday at Lindos Blu....wow!!! The hotel is beautifully situated with spectacular views of the bay from every room. The service was unbelieveable with all staff members doing their upmost to make our stay perfect. The calmness that pervaded all aspects of the hotel allowing us to really relax and unwind. Everywhere was spotless, and nothing was too much. The small surprises we found in our room every day were also unexpected and fun/ Will definitely be back for another dose of relaxation!

4 Thank Frances N
Dear “Frances N” ,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website following your recent stay.

I was very pleased to that you have enjoyed the calm atmosphere here in our hotel and that allowed you to really relax and unwind.

We endeavor to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible through consistent service and quality standards, and I am very pleased that our team were able to display their excellent professionalism and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you very much for always choosing Lindos Blu for your holidays. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best Regards,

London
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Lindos Blu certainly lives up to its reputation. Having read the reviews about this fabulous hotel we were a little sceptical that it could really be that good - we were wrong! From the moment you arrive you are treated like a VIP, and it just keeps getting better. The rooms are spotlessly clean and spacious, with very comfortable beds and wonderful views. The bathrooms are well equipped with a large walk in shower and jacuzzi bath, and there are two towel changes every day. We booked on a half board basis and were delighted that we did as the food is first class, both at breakfast and dinner - in each case there is a vast choice with dishes to suit all tastes. The restaurant staff are professional and friendly, and our special thanks go to Ivana, Maria, Valentina, Kiriakos (both of them!) and Nicos. It is not fair to single out particular members of staff as they are all outstanding, but these were the people we got to know whilst we were there. Special thanks to the Head Chef who has a very light and imaginative touch, and would not be out of place in a Michelin starred restaurant.

There are two infinity pools with very comfortable beds, and beach towels are provided. The beach is reached via several lifts and is clean and well kept with waiter service for drinks and snacks.

Having worked for an international 5 star hotel group for many years I stayed in their hotels all over the world - I can honestly say that Lindos Blu equals the best of them.

Two small points - firstly the same old problem of people reserving sunbeds and not using them for much of the day - I'm ashamed to say that most of the culprits were British, and this problem needs to be resolved so that beds are used on a first come, first served basis. Secondly, due to late homebound flights we asked for access to our room beyond check-out time. This was agreed, but at a charge of 79 Euros. We were quite happy to pay a fee but considered this amount to be excessive - perhaps this could be addressed by the management.

This is constructive criticism and I hope that it will be taken in the spirit in which it is intended, as we definitely intend to return to this wonderful hotel at some time in the future.

Thank you Lindos Blu for a truly memorable holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank annadrew
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear “annadrew”

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience of our hotel on this website.
I was so honored to read that Lindos Blu equals the best hotel you have ever stayed. We really do believe that it is the small details that make all the difference and our team work hard to ensure everything is taken care of for our guests, so that they may relax in our wonderful surroundings.

It is always a pleasure to read such very kind comments and that you enjoyed your overall experience at Lindos Blu. Thank you for highlighting our excellent location, comfortable guestrooms, and the food selection served in our restaurants. We are very proud of these elements and it is always a pleasure to read our guests’ positive comments regarding these.
As part of the improvements for 2014, a new sunny deck area will be available within the next two weeks at the top floor of our main building where sunbeds and Jacuzzis will be placed for the guests of the hotel.

I am very proud that our team were able to create such a memorable experience for you, and it will be my pleasure to share your kind words with them.

Thank you very much for always selecting Lindos Blu for your stay in Rhodes. We greatly appreciate your support of the hotel and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've had the pleasure of staying in a lot of really nice hotels all over the world and I'd have to say this is right up there with the best!

This is a very modern hotel which feels like a quality location from the moment you enter the doors. It's light, airy, spotlessly clean and well managed by all the staff. Architecturally it's very functional and pleasing to the eye however, I do think it lacks a little design atmosphere. There is a distinctive neutral look about the place and I really feel a better ambiance could be created with the use of vibrant decor.

The hotel is set on a hillside and gently sweeps down to the sea, this makes for some impressive views from nearly all the rooms. It should be noted however that the beach is some seven floors down and you'll need to use 3 elevators to access it and other locations within the hotel. I draw your attention to this because if you have difficulty walking this could be a real issue for you, that said I feel sure the staff would bend over backwards to assist.

During our stay we occupied two rooms; the first was a sea view standard room which had all the expected amenities you would expect. This room whilst not large room was very comfortable and big enough for a couple to share without you falling over each other.
Half way through the holiday we were upgraded to a suite and I have to say these rooms are to die for. It stretched over two floors and included 2 bedrooms each with its own facilities. It also had its own private terrace and pool. To be honest my words wouldn't do it justice here because it was just amazing!!!!

There are only 2 restaurants one of which is A la Carte, during our stay we didn’t use this facility and there’s a very good reason for this, the standards in the other restaurant were so high it negated the need to go A La Carte! The food was delicious and varied and there is enough for even the biggest appetite because there is also a buffet section you can enjoy on top of ordering your main meal.

The main bar is nice and functional but again lacks atmosphere. It’s arranged rather like a bar in a London hotel which caters more for business people. I really think this is one area the hotel management need to look at, generally when people are on holiday they like to mingle with others and this bar does not lend itself to this.

Now for the staff, of which there is an abundance. You’ll never have to worry about waiting too long for a drink, food or anything else for that matter! They are polite, respectful, and courteous. They all have smiles on their faces and are willing to assist you with anything you require. Put short they are just brilliant and I don’t find myself saying that too often. I cannot sing their praises enough and I don’t want to mention individual’s names here because they were all as good as each other.

At this point I would have to agree with some other comments on here which surround the prices of the drinks, they are very expensive! I always expect to pay a little more when in a hotel like this, that’s normal but I do think they have taken this to excess and I really think a more modest premium would be more suitable for the privilege of enjoying a drink in this hotel.

I also wasn’t that impressed with the beach, whilst not exclusively private to the hotel it could do with a little better organisation. The facilities in this respect do really need to be improved. Perhaps I’m being a little unfair here because I have been to some of the best beaches in the world but this one has a long way to go before reaching this standard.

I did have one issue with the sinks in the rooms; these are of a rectangular design and are only about 3 inches deep. They would not hold water because the plug didn’t work properly which made it difficult for washing and shaving. Perhaps I’m just a messy bloke (I’d accept that) but I did have a small tantrum over these things, they’re rubbish!!

Small niggles accepted this hotel is lovely and definitely deserves a 5 star status.

On a final note, this hotel is in close proximity to Lindos town, it’s a very short taxi ride away. Lindos is beautiful and has lots of bars and restaurants, in fact it has one of my favourite restaurants in the world which is called ‘Ambrosia’, I urge anyone to go and try the food there, it’s excellent as are the staff and the owner George.

Room Tip: If you can stretch to a suite do so, they're fab!!
2 Thank PScott2014
Dear “PScott2014”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent visit to our hotel on this website.

It is always a pleasure to read such very kind comments and I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable experience in our hotel.

As part of the improvements for season 2014 a new deck area will be ready within the next 2 weeks where relaxing sofas will be placed and we believe that our guests will enjoy them during their stay.

We continually aim to deliver high standards of Greek hospitality to delight our guests and I am very pleased that you experienced this from our staff. They work so hard to deliver this unique brand of professionalism and welcoming that reflects the Greek culture so well.

Thank you very much for selecting Lindos Blu for your holidays. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thanasis Tougounzoglou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Amathus Elite Suites
Amathus Elite Suites
#4 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Lindos Blu? Share your experiences!