“Still the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Lindos
London, United Kingdom
“Still the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My first stay at the Lindos Blu last year was so good I was expecting to be disappointed on my second visit as I have been in the past with other hotels. Not so at the Lindos Blu, it was every bit as good in fact better if that's possible.
This year we stayed half board as the their restaurant is the best on Rhodes anyway and the food & service was once again first class every day. Every member of staff at this hotel is a credit to it and their professionalism & friendliness all adds to the five star quality that this hotel delivers in every department. The wine list in the restaurant is excellent with quality wine in all grape varieties. I would like to praise Thomas the restaurant manager for making this one of the best restaurants I have eaten in anywhere in the world. Special mention to Nikos & Carolina in the restaurant who were there last year and both wonderful people.
The pool area was once again spotless, the pool heated to a perfect temperature and the service by the pool excellent. Special mention to Margerita who worked her socks off in extreme heat but kept a smile on her face all the time and was most helpful & gracious every day.
We stayed in a junior suite once again with a beautiful view and it was spotlessly clean with superb maid service every day. Even the room maids are friendly & constantly smiling and cannot be faulted.
My one criticism last year was the general cleanliness of the beach and I'm pleased to say there was a big improvement this year and a decking area with comfy seats has been added. The sea of course is crystal clear and a joy to swim in.
Finally, I would like to compliment Katerina for running the best hotel I have stayed in anywhere in the world. There maybe more more glamorous ones in Dubai and a couple in Hawaii that come close but nothing to compare with the overall excellence that this hotel offers.
I look forward to returning every year from now on.

Pat & Roger Williams

Room Tip: All rooms are good with great views but I personally like to be higher up. If you can afford it, go...
3 Thank roger w
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear “roger w”,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your returning experience at Lindos Blu.

Needless to say, I was thrilled to read your glowing review, and to learn that your time with us was so enjoyable. We do endeavour to ensure that all our guests feel at home away from home , and it was so pleasing to receive your very kind comments regarding our restaurants food selection, our facilities and of course our new beach project.

On behalf of the entire team here, thank you so much for your fervent review. It was an absolute pleasure to host you one more time and we cannot express in words our gratitude for such wonderful comments regarding our impeccable service. Your review inspires us to continue in our mission of treating each guest with the utmost genuine service throughout all departments. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to Lindos Blu , for another wonderful stay

Thanasis Tougounzoglou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Rhodes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

All the hype is true, Lindos Blu is probably the best in Europe in its category.
Had a great day there, starting from a top class breakfast with everything I could ever ask for, including personal favorites such as the cold cuts station, full selection of Mediterranean fruit, uncommon treats such as inca and goji berries, sparkling wine, fresh juice and much more, all well presented and delicious. The fact that the dining space is located on the same level as the swimming pool (overlooking the bay) adds that sort of feeling to the atmosphere that makes you want to sit there all day.
Service was top notch, I found the staff polite and discreet and couldn't do enough to please. There's a serene feeling about this place even when fully booked, if that's what you're after then it really doesn't get much better than the Lindos Blu. 100% Recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear “Nik G”,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this website.

Thank you for your comments regarding our food selection and hotel facilities. I was so pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and your kind comments regarding our service level are most welcome.

Thank you for selecting Lindos Blu for your stay in Lindos. We do look forward to welcoming you back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is excellent, the views stunning, the service wonderful, and I would return tomorrow, everything was just perfect except the room, especially the rooms that share a pool. Not so much the room, as the room was excellent, but how the room was situated in terms of catching the sun.

We were lucky enough to have booked a suite with a shared pool, the suite top class, the patio seemed great with two very comfortable sun lounges, the shared pool super. All day the pool was in the sun, unfortunately the patio got very little sun, to sunbathe you had to go in the pool. The hotel faces North, and the patio's get little sun. Yes we we're offered another room, but that was not the point, the point was the patios are not in the sun, you find people in standard rooms taking the sun of those with private pools and suites , so be warned and request a room in full sun.
Food excellent, and Katarina the client service manager is a star, more of a upside down hotel with the reception and bar on the top floor, bar very basic and small, maybe they don't need a bigger bar simply because the hotel is nearly always full of old people, who go to bed at 10pm, on getting back to the hotel at 11 pm the bar was always quiet.
Food great, staff great, because we had a private pool I did not try out the hotel pool, however the pool is on the same level as the restaurant , and it does seem a little funny having breakfast and watching someone sunbathe only feet away from you. Yes if you want a holiday where the staff look after people and a quality hotel then book this place , Lindos is beautiful, but be carful luxury in Spain is a little different to luxury in Greece. I

Room Tip: Ask for the room to be in full sun as this is a North facing hotel. When ordering lunch, order one...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Christopher S
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear “Christopher S”,

Thank you for posting your feedback on this website following your recent visit to Lindos Blu.
I was concerned to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

It was disappointing that you found your bedroom not to your liking. In Lindos Blu, we have seven different room types and in our website you can find the description and the photos for each room. Junior suites with sharing pool which is the room that you have booked due to their location in our hotel their veranda are partial sunny during the day. Most of our repeaters are choosing this room type due to the fact that the veranda has both sunny and shadow part during the day. Furthermore, all the pools in our sharing pool rooms are heated which means that the temperature of the pool can reach the 28 -29 Celsius degrees.

Thank you for highlighting the excellent food and the hotel view in general, together with the service from our hotel team. I was delighted that they were able to deliver their professionalism and helpfulness during your stay.

We thank you once again for selecting Lindos Blu for your stay in Rhodes; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to experience another room type ,maybe a Double room with a sharing pool or a Double Deluxe.

Camberley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for eleven night and could easily have made it the rest of the summer (subject of course to the availability of further quantities of the folding greenstuff). The hotel is built in steps down a cliff overlooking a bay. Thus the views from all the public and private rooms are superb. The architecture and fitting out of the hotel is modern / minimalist / Scandiavian, which suited our taste. I have seen criticism of it elsewhere, but hey-ho, de gustibus non disputandum est as someone might have said. Some also might carp that, on account of the stepped layout of the hotel, it requires four lifts to get you down from reception to the beach. We didn't find that a problem. A bit of exercise prior to a hard day's idling is probably beneficial. The choice of food for breakfast and dinner was excellent. But the main area where this hotel scores above any other I have reviewed, without any doubt (see other reviews below), is in the quality of its staff. The management has clearly put in a lot of time in motivating and training the staff to the highest standards. From our arrival to departure the staff were attentive, friendly, obliging and generally welcoming at a level, to which few hotels come anywhere near in my experience. We left in the hope and belief that many of the staff had become friends. My advice to the management: your staff are superb; look after them!

1 Thank Tarakan1917
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear “Tarakan1917”,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website.

I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience in the hotel. Thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel design, facilities and service.

Our aim is always to provide true Greek hospitality and I am pleased that the team were able to display their excellent professionalism and helpfulness during your stay. Employee motivation, positive employee morale, rewards, training and recognition are included in our human resources management for all our personnel.

Thank you very much for selecting Lindos Blu for your stay in Rhodes.

Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This was our fourth visit to the wonderful Lindos Blu hotel and it was as wonderful ad ever. The setting and quality of the hotel are second to none but its the friendly staff who make the biggest difference. Everyone who works here loves their job from the smiley cleaning staff to reception to the dining room staff. Special mentions to Katerina, Thomas, Anastasia, George and the bar staff who are all stand out when it comes to customer service. If you book a shared pool room note not all rooms get the sun all day, our terrace was shadey until 1pm even though the pool saw the sun earlier. Already booking our next visit back to Lindos Blu.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen M
Dear “Karen M”,

Thank you very much for always selecting Lindos Blu for your stay in Rhodes. Your continued patronage and support over the years is greatly valued and very much appreciated.

It was an absolutely pleasure to read about your wonderful experience here at our hotel. We continually aim to deliver high standards of Greek hospitality to delight our guests and I am very pleased that you experienced this during your stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lindos Blu for another superb experience.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have just returned from a week at this Hotel, and has been said before the position of the Hotel, the food, and the service are unbeatable, every one of the staff are outstanding in there willingness to assist you in any way, from the room service to the bar staff, and the restaurant staff, are as good as any we have encountered any where, the only reasons I have not given five stars, are 1 a Hotel that obviously prides itself on service, can allow a room to be allocated, that I had specifically requested had a view, had a view not so much from the inside but from the outside, people around the small swimming pool can see straight into the bedroom, I find this unacceptable in any class of Hotel, but to be fair when I complained the wonderful Katarina came to the rescue, and for the second half of our week upgraded us to a magnificent room, I just find it difficult to understand why they think this situation is acceptable, the other two small points, are why at breakfast do you have to share the outside of the restaurant with people on sunbeds? and the main bar of the Hotel looks more like a canteen than a lounge, there are very few comfortable seats, but the barman is an absolute wiz at making delicious cocktails.

I think I have been fair, in this review in the way that I saw the Hotel, finally, I would say I would return to this Hotel for the staff and service alone, and of course the star that is Katarina.

Mr.and Mrs. O'Connor

Room Tip: Rooms 121 and 122 are not good, the higher the better.
5 Thank WrinkleyEngland
Thanasis T, General Manager at Lindos Blu, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Mr and Mrs O’Connor,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website following your recent stay.

I was very pleased to read that our team were able to upgrade your bedroom during your stay and delighted that you enjoyed the comfort provided. Due to the location (hillside) and the hotel design we have rooms on different floors and our guests’ preferences differ from having a room on a high floor or once close to the sea and on the low floor.

We endeavor to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible through consistent service and quality standards, and I am very delighted that our team were able to display their excellent professionalism and helpfulness during your stay. It will be my pleasure to share your review personally with them.

Thank you very much for choosing Lindos Blu for your holidays. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Bromsgrove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have just returned from holiday at this hotel. The food was great and the staff were incredible.It is an adults only hotel and as we are older it suited us. The views of the bay were spectacular and the rooms were very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Only down side was the beach which was gritty and difficult to walk on.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alan C
Dear “Alan C” ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay.

Our excellent location, comfortable guestrooms and Food & Beverage outlets are elements of our hotel that we are extremely proud of and it is always nice to read our guests positive comments regarding these.

We endeavor to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable as possible and thank you for selecting Lindos Blu for your stay in Rhodes. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Thanasis Tougounzoglou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindos
AquaGrand Exclusive Deluxe Resort
#1 of 33 in Lindos
Amathus Elite Suites
Amathus Elite Suites
#3 of 129 in Rhodes Town

Been to Lindos Blu? Share your experiences!