“A memorable evening”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visited Mavrikos, by recommendation, but chose to go a little earlier in the evening so that we could have our meals, then go for a walk round the town and the warren of shops, and then return for dessert and coffee. This plan worked well, and the staff were simply delighted to help. When we arrived it was a little quiet....... by the time we came back for dessert and coffee, the place was full and buzzing. Super food (sardine fillets and ribs being very well received in particular), and a lovely atmosphere. Not the cheapest restaurant on Rhodes, but exceptional value for money for the food that is served.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

After eating at Mavrikos we checked tripadvisor to see how it was rated. We were very surprised it didn't rate higher, since the place was lovely and the food was great. When we consulted with our hotel regarding restaurants in Lindos, Mavrikos was the first to be recommended.
It is perhaps more expensive then some of the other restaurants in the village.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

4 of us went to lindos one evening and on the recommendation of our hotel manager we chose to go to mavrikos. Just to keep it short, we had a best meal of the week and the best service of the week. We expected it to be very pricey as it is in the main square of lindos, but it wasnt, it was very reasonable, unlike rhodes town where we got ripped of

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been visiting here for 20 years off and on.
We went as a family of four.
My eldest daughter ordered the oven roast lamb (which I suggested to her as I had it many times before) and I had the lamb shank.
Starter was very good with some excellent bread.
The mains arrived but the waiter brought chicken for my daughter- I explained politely it should have been lamb- he disappeared for 10 minutes then came back and said its finished(no apology) then started to berate my daughter pointing to my lamb shank ( no offer to see the menu again)
He became very animated and I asked him to stop being so aggressive as he was frightening my daughter.
She eventually ordered the lamb shank which arrived about 30 minutes after we all finished eating, again with no apology
When the bill came he then grudgingly mumbled sorry for the delay
My first all negative review, mistakes happen in restaurants- so what.
Rude and aggressive behaviour (especially towards kids) is not acceptable
I used to love this place but will not be back

1  Thank mikeybabey
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visited Mavrikos on the last night of our stay, just wish it had been the first! Although it cannot compete with the views form the restaurant next door it more than makes up for this with the selection of very traditional Greek food, the Rooster braised in wine was outstanding as was the Rabbit Stiffado. Service was good, polite and efficient, with a good selection of local and international wines to suit all budgets. This will probably be our first choice next time.