“Super food”

Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Lindos
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Six of us visited the ambiance was great the service the same the food was super all of us had different meals I had the seafood linguine wow give this place a try

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We decided that while we staid in Lindos (for a week) that we would visit a different restaurant every night, we think we saved the best till last!
Ambrosia looks contemporary although hosed in an old building. Having been given the menu we were given a small glass of the local sparkling wine (which was v.nice & we ended up ordering a bottle to go with our meal!)
The menu was explained to us in detail - how the fodd was prepared etc & it didn't disappoint.
I would definately go back - pity we visited on our last night!

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very clean, long opening hours, wide range of choices in the 8 euro 90 set meal deal, very friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews but I felt compelled to share my recent experience at the Ambrosia restaurant in Lindos.

I would thoroughly recommend this little jewel of a restaurant to anyone - the food was first class and made our trip to the beautiful town of Lindos perfect.

The owner, George is clearly very passionate about the food his restaurant serves and gave us the most amazing service from beginning to end.

If you are staying near Lindos - you should defiantly visit this restaurant at least once :-)

Kind regards

Roger Myers

1  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just eaten in this restaurant tonight in Lindos. As per the other reviewers Ambrosia is over priced and there are much better restaurants in town!

I noted the below on my visit:
The staff are very pleasant but the restaurant lacked atmosphere
The menu was really uninspired.
The restaurant should consider toning down the repeat performance of the menu, that's pretty much all you hear.
The food is unfortunately so bland. I am convinced they forgot to season all night.

Off the menu I chose the sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was a really disappointing dish. It just had no taste and the sauce that accompanied the sirloin had no taste and was cold. The sirloin was tough in parts too :0(

Our bill was 60 euro for two people (we had table water, one glass of wine, one shared starter and two steak meals). On average a meal for two is around 30 - 40 euros in Lindos. My honest option is to avoid this place, and save your money by visiting one of the nice tavernas like Maria's or my favourite To Kamapiko.

This restaurant is trying too hard to please. If they concentrated more on the food than the service I would have something positive to write.

2  Thank Melissa_ReadingUK