All reviews infinity pool main pool happy hour is self catering air con swim up bar steep hill per week high room greek night per device olympic holidays great holiday golf buggy every other day karaoke night mobility problems
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Although it has been 2 years since I stayed at the Lindos Gardens Resort I thought it deserves a good review as it really was a fantastic stay. Situated at the top of a large hill it is a bit of a climb; around a 10-15 minute walk from the centre of Lindos. Given that I was staying with my boyfriend and we are both in our 20s this wasn't really a problem for us but I wouldn't recommend the Lindos Gardens if you have difficulties with walking. For those who don't mind the walk the climb really was worth the view, especially when swimming in the infinity pool- it was incredible to look out over the castle. I also think from past experience (I've stayed in Lindos twice before), that if you are going to be in the centre of the resort it's hard to find a hotel with a pool as there isn't really any space for it!

The resort itself was lovely; it had a restaurant if you didn't fancy the walk and although we only ate there once we enjoyed the meal a lot (there was also a supermarket about a 5 minute walk away if you plan to cook in the hotel). There is also a snack bar by the infinity pool for lunch and light meals. The variety in the 3 pools was great because it meant that there weren't really any children by the infinity pool (where we spent most of our time) since the main pool was shallower. There was a good area with showers and toilets beside the main pool which was useful as we paid for late check out and it meant we could still have a shower before we travelled back. Our room was nice and big with some basic cooking facilities for making meals although we did have a bit of a problem with ants so we had to be careful not to leave any food or dirty dishes out.

Lindos itself is lovely with an enormous range of restaurants, shops and bars. We especially enjoyed the Ambrosia and Dionysos restaurants for evening meals. The trip up to the castle is definitely worth it for some fantastic views over the bay although it would probably best to avoid the midday heat and go later in the afternoon instead! We went up by donkey (which I found absolutely terrifying) but at least this was a quick way to get up that steep hill! The beaches were fantastic too; the small one was very pretty with lots of fish if you like snorkelling!

All in all I really enjoyed my stay in the Lindos Gardens, if you don't mind the walk then it's a great hotel to be in with some fantastic views!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Polly M
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 3 years ago and weren't really sure what to expect! We'd read previous reviews about the distance from the hotel to the beach but we didn't find this a problem at all. The hotel is a slight trek but as a couple in our 20s with no kids this didn't affect us at all! Our room was clean and well maintained, both pool areas were lovely and happy hour was a great start to our nights out! Cheers guys!

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank Kjb8008
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed with my family and it was our first holiday away together in a long time! It was perfect! Flights went smoothly and when we arrived we had no issue checking in! As we arrived late at night we didn't see stunning views over the acropolis until sunrize. They were amazing! Definately book a top room if you can. Rooms were spotless and the 3 pools were perfect the part of the hotel with the infinity pool was our favourite as it has a nice little snack bar. We booked bed and breakfast which was perfect fo us as we could eat on the wonderful rooftop gardens in the evenings. There is a bus service from the hotel to the town but it is in walkable distance. Lindos is such a beautiful place would definately return and use this place again!

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank worldtravellerg13
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Me and my family went to Lindos Gardens last year around May time, we stayed for a week which we wish we could of stayed longer but couldn't afford it However the service is excellent and we got on well with all the staff, we had no problems with anything. The pools are both great, they have different nights to suit everyone. they have; happy hour, karaoke, BBQ night and I think they also had a mexico theme one night too although they do not equire for vegeterians. Another great part about the holiday was the fact that Lindos town isn't too far away from the resort and there are plenty of good shops and places to eat out at. I'm hoping to go back this year with my boyfriend as overall I felt it was a good holiday and a trust worthy package.

Room tip: No matter where the room is you will most likely need A/C unless you get a room in the shade
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

3rd October – 17th October sorry for the delay although I did put a full holiday report on the forum

Arrived ok with no delays. We were greeted as usual like family, after I had mistakenly taken the wrong case off the coach due to being excited to see everyone. (Luckily hubby ran after the coach and retrieved the correct case) We were taken up to our room (21E) by the golf buggy, we then just dumped the cases and went straight down to have a well earned drink, and take a look at the new pool and seating area which we found to be amazing.(so much has been done in the 8 years we have been going, each year it gets better – if that’s possible) After a few drinks we decided to go and unpack ready for the start of our holiday after having a drink on the balcony taking in the lovely view which we never tire of.1st day is always just chilling out around the pool which is very nice with a swim up bar although it’s not very deep but there is always the infinity pool further up the complex.
I can't really add to my previous reviews over the years just if you are thinking of booking then just do it you will not be disappointed. Thanks again to everyone at LG for yet another great holiday. See you next year.
Lyn

Room tip: If you do not have walking issues then go for the top of the complex the views are amazing
Date of stay: October 2012