All reviews infinity pool main pool happy hour is self catering air con swim up bar steep hill per week high room greek night per device olympic holidays great holiday golf buggy every other day mobility problems walking difficulties
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We have stayed at this hotel three times previously and always found it to be a pleasant experience. Yes it may not be the most modern facility but always found it clean and tidy and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The thing that lets it down slightly is the minor defects in the room, i.e. the kitchen and bathroom bins, whilst being pedal bins did not work as such. Obviously when in a resort when you are expected to place toilet paper in the bin rather than down the toilet (due to the sizing of the sewage pipes on the whole island) you do not want to be touching bin lids.Also need to be aware that the hotel is split level meaning there are some significant slopes to climb so more suitable to the able bodied person.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Friendly Hotel with lots of great amenities. Ten minute walk down hill to the village and a 3 minute taxi back!
Happy hour is a must if you like a tipple and the Bar Man is a very friendly and funny guy. Entertainment is ok too with some live music and Karaoke. Already booked for next year!

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank fast-fletch1
Reviewed 13 September 2018

First time visit to LGR with a friend we had a 4 bed apartment which was cleaned almost every day basic but fine. Thankyou to Marianna our cleaner who was very helpful as were all the staff at the LGR. Pools were clean and well maintained basic selection of food for lunch but very good service excellent all staff very friendly & helpful. I believe there are many people who rebook as it is consistent in service. Very close to lindos you can see a view of the Acropolis from the hotel. Would definitely go again. Downside ? 1 Euro per hr for WiFi additional payment for air conditioning which you definately need in the hot months.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank melajue1
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed here for 1 week at the beginning of August. We are a family of 4, two adults and two children and were gutted that our room was at the very top of the complex! There was a lift half way up, but it's still a very steep walk. The temperature was very hot (lovely) but air con comes at a very expensive extra and after two nights of becoming almost delirious and sleeping in our own sweat we bit the bullet and paid it. The staff were OK (few and far between) but the 'owner' was atrocious - the staff in my opinion were scared of him. We made a complaint about the smoke alarm going off two mornings in a row because on both occasions we could not stop it and upon calling reception were told that there were no staff to help, only a chap who said he was 'night security'... The pools were clean, the sun beds comfy but reserved by other holiday makers towels everyday and I had to ask for some to be removed as people were very clearly not there. The food and drink was expensive, and the local shops not cheap either. We made do, but it wasn't as easy as other trips we've had to Crete. We would not recommend it or go back.

Room tip: Ask for lower floor!
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I’m hoping to cover some bits that haven’t been covered before or things that I wondered before I went.
We are a couple late 40’s with no children and love local food and culture with a bit of a nightlife. We also prefer being out and about and go out every night and also don’t stay at the hotel every day as like to explore,
Check in was easy at the hotel but we were lucky and 1st in the queue. We were taken like others to the room near the infinity pool by the buggy and told if we needed we could get some food if needed at the bar which was still open ( we arrived about midnight so thought this was good). Bar area was very quiet at this time.
Our room was 2G which was just near the infinity pool and it was more hilly than I expected. We had a lovely view though.
Our room had quite a gap under the door, it was that big I expected to find a family of lizards to be in the room but surprisingly we never found 1 thing in the room. Not even a mosquito or ant.
I do think you could of got the air conditioning when you checked in but we waited until the next day and was surprised that they only charged for the 13 nights not 14, we also got a safe but didn’t pay for it ( it was advertised at 15 euros a week ) we were told it was included free in our room rate ( we travelled with jet 2 ) I personally thought the air conditioning was excellent and worth the 10 euros a day as it was a very good system and you could adjust it to a lower setting for the night and also it cooled the room really quickly. Also you are paying 10 Euro for 1 cocktail in the village so to me it was 1 drink !

We had some problems in the room, the bathroom light went out, the patio door stopped locking and the toilet wouldn’t stop flushing. ( luckily my husband fixed the toilet and the patio himself) but they were quick to fix the light These are all things that could go wrong though at any time.
Towels were changed every 2 days in our room, beds I didn’t really notice how often as we didn’t sleep under the sheets just on top of them. Toilet rolls were given as needed and luckily 2 at a time.
Showers and toilets are near the infinity pool and main bar so handy if needed when leaving however it only costs 4.50 an hour to keep your room. Just go to reception the day before you leave and they will look to see if you can keep it. You are charged from 12 onwards and your air conditioning stays on too until you leave.
When you leave too if your in a high room just ring reception ( you have a phone in your room ) the will send a porter up to get you and your bags.
We thought all staff were lovely and friendly and the food good in the restaurant. We had Greek dishes not sandwiches and they were good value for us.
We didn’t really use the bar as we went to the village every night.
We used the pool bar ( more on this later)
We did like the music around the pool it was either dance music or chart music. I didn’t find it too loud.
Niggles for us were -
In the room there was a green light which shone really bright on a night.( think it was an emergency light of some sort ) So if you need to sleep in the dark like my husband you won’t like this. We actually had to put a pair of boxer shorts around it to dull the light. Bit embarrassing but it worked and they weren’t removed !
Swim up Pool bar - really good but you had to take money with you. I always thought the thing of a swim up pool bar was that you swam up to it. So here if you want to go whilst in the pool you have to manage to get to it holding your money high ( just spoilt the effect for it for me )
Sun beds - we were here in August and there basically wasn’t enough. The hotel could easily fit more in as there is room. But I found unless you were at the pools by 10 to 10.30 you wouldn’t get one. This scares me that it will get like the places you see on tv where you see people running to get the beds ( my worse nightmare ) People were also getting out of bed early to put the towels on ( as I heard them saying so ) so to me that’s the start.
Cleaner - for me they came too early, when I’m on holiday I stay out until about 2am so I don’t get up until about 10 am. The cleaner came to our room about 9.45 to 10am so some days we had to tell her to go away. This also made us feel rushed and not relaxed every day.
Balcony’s - nice roomy balcony but not very private, it’s not that they were very close but more you could see straight into each other’s.
This is of course is just us and different people like different things so I think it’s worth mentioning these.
The apartments are nice, clean and lots of good facilities, but I think it’s worth taking into account what sort of thing you like. To me it’s ideal here for people who like to stay around a hotel, don’t mind walking, getting up early and not effected by bright lights.

Because of the apartments and locations of some of the rooms it could take you 5 minutes just to get to your room to the enterance of the hotel. We used to take a slow walk to Lindos village and it took us about 20 minutes.
Places to try in the village - Dionysos, village house, agostinos.
At the beach - dolphins
Also the ice bar does amazing food I actually couldn’t believe how good it was ( especially the night time menu)

Room tip: Make sure you mention if need a low floor
Date of stay: August 2018